the next sidney in waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

neg marron

Mar 1, 2002
gatineau quebec
www.rds.ca
what north american player has the potential to be hyped liked crosby in b-ball there's lebron and allready we hear about a 9th grader named o.j who plays for a hioghschool in cincy ohio who's touted as the next lebron in 7th grade he was on the varsity highschool basketball team unlike lebron he plans to go to college but may try to enter the nba draft as a junior in highschool but ithink he'll go the carmelo anthony route 1year college then go pro

so who's next at bat to be the next sidney crosby type player and also are there any minorities who might fit the bill

Big Bill

Feb 27, 2002
Land of milk & honey
Visit site
neg marron said:
what north american player has the potential to be hyped liked crosby in b-ball there's lebron and allready we hear about a 9th grader named o.j who plays for a hioghschool in cincy ohio who's touted as the next lebron in 7th grade he was on the varsity highschool basketball team unlike lebron he plans to go to college but may try to enter the nba draft as a junior in highschool but ithink he'll go the carmelo anthony route 1year college then go pro

so who's next at bat to be the next sidney crosby type player and also are there any minorities who might fit the bill
'I saw a special on that OJ kid.

Stern said he will fail if he tries to enter the NBA prior to his High School class graduating because the CBA was agreed upon by both the players and the league, so it is the legally binding agreement. SO he will have to wait so he might as well go to college.

In hockey I dont know, but this is symptomatic of a huge problem in sports. We just keep going younger and younger, corrupting these kids.

The overhyoe machine in hockey is in full effect. I am sure the "next corsby" will come along soon enough. LMAO, the next Crosby, it is getting so ridiculous

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Big Bill said:

Stern said he will fail if he tries to enter the NBA prior to his High School class graduating because the CBA was agreed upon by both the players and the league, so it is the legally binding agreement. SO he will have to wait so he might as well go to college.

In hockey I dont know, but this is symptomatic of a huge problem in sports. We just keep going younger and younger, corrupting these kids.

The overhyoe machine in hockey is in full effect. I am sure the "next corsby" will come along soon enough. LMAO, the next Crosby, it is getting so ridiculous

I'll 2nd that, good post.

garry

Oct 13, 2003
PA
Visit site
Big Bill said:

The kid is 16 and in 9th grade that means he failed 2 times (or was held back). He will be 18 before he is a junior in high school which is probably why he will fail to make it. I have no idea about the "next Crosby".

turnbuckle*

Wayne Orr - born in Brantford Sound, Ontario. 11 months old, crawls with a dexterity rarely seen in 18-month-olds. Never misses his mouth with the spoon, and has quite a temper.

This is getting ridiculous. The next Crosby? How about the next McCauley Caulkin? or Mozart? Who's going to be the next four-year-old musical genius? Anyone got some prospects?

Update: Several scouts attending his 6 a.m. feeding yesterday. They left the Orr household drooling more than Wayne.
"He's a can't miss prospect," noted Atom AAA scout Bob Birddog. "We're trying to get him to commit to our program, but he's not saying anything to us yet. He's very coy."

Last edited by a moderator:

rtafts

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
What about the next Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Roy etc. Not Crosby. Crosby hasn't even been drafted, let alone proven himself at the NHL level.

#37-#93-#27*

The premise was the next player to be extensively hyped so saying the 'next Crosby' is not ridiculous. You are just not understanding the context.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Anfernic said:
Angelo Esposito a 2007 eligible is probably the next hockey players. He has already the size and he is the unanimous best north american for his age

That is quite possibly the silliest post I have seen for awhile. "unanimous best north american"????? Unanimous among who? His family?

Prior to at least Midget age, these speculations are a waste of time because the so-called top players don't get seen enough and don't play against each other enough to have any idea how they stack up. All you have is "stats" - Johnny scored 100 goals as a Timbit...Jim scored 150 points in Atom...etc etc.

You may be right though that he will be hyped because at least he has you out here pumping him up!

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Crosby is currently considred as the next "Gretzky", but he plays more like Dionne did.
It's to early to announce a next Crosby. He's '05 eligible. Too much can change for a guy who's eligible in '06 or '07....

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Rumor has it, there was a child conceived tonight Medicine Hat who should be a keeper in a few years.

(This one definitely ranks up there among the most inane thread topics ever.)

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I had decided not to mention this website as it is a new competitor to HF. I hope I won't be ban but I believe we have a right to the broadest number of ressources on prospects.

The thing I like is that unlike HF, they tend to have previews of younger guys instead of just the 2004 and 2005. They also have links to other handy ressources out there.

Here it is: HOCKEYOUNGSTERS

Also, an interesting new company focusing on safer, lighter equipment for youngsters in the game: SAFERPROSPECTS

Big Bill

Feb 27, 2002
Land of milk & honey
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
I had decided not to mention this website as it is a new competitor to HF. I hope I won't be ban but I believe we have a right to the broadest number of ressources on prospects.

The thing I like is that unlike HF, they tend to have previews of younger guys instead of just the 2004 and 2005. They also have links to other handy ressources out there.

Also, an interesting new company focusing on safer, lighter equipment for youngsters in the game: SAFERPROSPECTS

LMFAO! :joker:

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Angelo is a VERY talented player but he is NOT a unanimous selection for best player in his age group.

I believe he is an '89. There are A LOT of other talented '89's out there.

More so, the talent that the 90's are showing is slowly getting DANGEROUS. There is some very, very, very good talent out in Western Canada that have 1990 listed on their birth certificate as their birth year.

FlyersGuy69

Jul 9, 2002
purgatory
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:

(LOL) very good, nice set up,very well done! :handclap:

Dutchy

Aug 16, 2003
Montréal, Québec, Ca
Schlep Rock said:
Angelo is a VERY talented player but he is NOT a unanimous selection for best player in his age group.

More so, the talent that the 90's are showing is slowly getting DANGEROUS. There is some very, very, very good talent out in Western Canada that have 1990 listed on their birth certificate as their birth year.
Riiiiiiiiiiight...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Schlep Rock said:

You must be from Europe because EVERYONE in North America was polled and EVERYONE said Angelo Esposito, even reluctant hockey dads had to admit he was the best. It was UNANIMOUS.

Just kidding, I had actually heard of him. Any relation to Tony or Phil?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
gb701 said:
Brule can't be the next one after Crosby - he is the same age and is simply being overshadowed. Great player though...

Brule 17? Sid will be 16 1/2 next month.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
turnbuckle said:
Wayne Orr - born in Brantford Sound, Ontario. 11 months old, crawls with a dexterity rarely seen in 18-month-olds. Never misses his mouth with the spoon, and has quite a temper.

This is getting ridiculous. The next Crosby? How about the next McCauley Caulkin? or Mozart? Who's going to be the next four-year-old musical genius? Anyone got some prospects?

Update: Several scouts attending his 6 a.m. feeding yesterday. They left the Orr household drooling more than Wayne.
"He's a can't miss prospect," noted Atom AAA scout Bob Birddog. "We're trying to get him to commit to our program, but he's not saying anything to us yet. He's very coy."

lol
lol
lol

Beside the fact that is very funny (really LMAO), I think he was talking about the hype suronding Crosby, and not Crosby as a example to be reproduce.

IMHO, he belive this general overhyping attitude in all sports is as risdiculous as we do belive.

BJ21

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Schlep Rock said:

The internet generation
:shakehead

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
There is a 16 year old chick in Russia that has X Ray vision.

True story....doctors cant figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad