The next Montreal Canadiens Captain

Who takes the job?

• Total voters

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I said Gallagher, gotta justify his contract. But would not surprise me if he never wears the C either.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I would not be surprised if they, at least to start, go with three A's on the ice until more about Weber's long term prognosis is.

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
I would say Gallagher, buy IF we're going to go into a rebuild.
I vote Suzuki.
If we're gonna rebuild, I think we should trade Galagher (and his contract) at the deadline for prospects.
I think we could get a good return and Gally has a chance at a Cup.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Most likely is Gallagher, who I'd prefer is Petry and then Suzuki. We already had a captain who didn't show up in the playoffs with Pacioretty; we don't need another one. With Patch, it was him being soft; with Gally, it's just a lack of ability. Imagine seeing your captain getting manhandled by Sergachev in the finals. Gally was helpless there, as game as he was. Petry if Weber is gone, and then Suzuki when it's time is what I'd prefer.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
If Weber goes, it's gonna be Petry. Gally may be too much of a single-mind type player. You need a quiet presence for captain not the one that starts all the fights. lol There's a reason Wolverine is not the leader of the X-Men, it has to be Cyclops cause he sees the whole picture(like as a D Petry has more of a global view of the game on the ice).

Not to mention Gally is still young so he would be captain for a while. With Petry you give him for a short while until Suzuki is ready.

Reactions: HabSgt

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
I would have picked Suzuki if Weber could play another 2-3 years, but if we don't see him again, I guess I have to go with Gallagher. However, it's gonna be hell for him if he doesn't produce offensively, which is very probable.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Don’t think it’ll be gally. Misses too much time each year. Refs argue with him. Not respected much outside the Habs. Wore the A half the time between he and PK way back when

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I'd love to see Weber publicly say he wants Gallagher to wear the C while he is out. I think he deserves it but I also was never a fan of going without a Captain, especially if there's a player who is deserving.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Gally is the only logical choice, for his tenure and for his ''lead by exemple'' qualities. I'm sure the entire locker room wouldn't even really consider anyone else.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Not sure who will be next, but I guarantee you that Guhle will be captain of the Habs one day.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Give the C to Gallagher like they should have done 5 years ago.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
If Weber goes, it's gonna be Petry. Gally may be too much of a single-mind type player. You need a quiet presence for captain not the one that starts all the fights. lol There's a reason Wolverine is not the leader of the X-Men, it has to be Cyclops cause he sees the whole picture(like as a D Petry has more of a global view of the game on the ice).

Not to mention Gally is still young so he would be captain for a while. With Petry you give him for a short while until Suzuki is ready.
Liked for X-Men comparison (also completely correct, good job!)

Wonder if there will be an old time team vote for the C or just management appointing someone (if anyone).

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Like Toews, who was named captain when he was 20.

Personality wise, Suzuki reminds me of Toews. They're both reserved and very mature for their age. I don't want to see him handed the C just yet. But I can definitely see him being our next captain. Once things are figured out with Weber.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad