The next Montreal Canadiens Captain

Who takes the job?

• Total voters

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Depending how long it takes for webs to retire i would say its between suzuki or gallagher. If its soon then later gallagher if it takes a couple seasons before he hangs them up I can see suzuki being the choice here

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Gallagher is a good guy to have an A on his jersey due to his work ethic, but who shouldn't have a C as his emotions can get the best of him and you want a captain to be composed.

Down the road I think Suzuki would be a great captain but it is too much pressure on him at this stage in his career.

In the event Weber does retire, I would say Petry gets the C and then when Petry is gone it goes to Suzuki.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Nobody until Weber retires. If he's out the year, I expect the team to wear "A" s only. We'll go through a period with no C like we did before Pacioretty got it.

Wearing the A: Petry, Gallagher, Edmundson, Byron (if still with team), Perry (same) & I'd add Suzuki. That would be our leadership group.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
COREY EFFING PERRY!!!

Depending on how things shake out, Montreal may not not look like an attractive landing spot for Perry anymore.

There's so many moving parts right now. I assume the habs will try to reload, because that's what they do, but they could be left with a roster that has no choice but to go through pain.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Depending on how things shake out, Montreal may not not look like an attractive landing spot for Perry anymore.

There's so many moving parts right now. I assume the habs will try to reload, because that's what they do, but they could be left with a roster that has no choice but to go through pain.

I'm sure he had an idea about all this. I think he'll still stay. I don't think he'll get the C but i'd love it. If he stays he'll likely get an A. Doesn't really matter to me either way.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm sure he had an idea about all this. I think he'll still stay. I don't think he'll get the C but i'd love it. If he stays he'll likely get an A. Doesn't really matter to me either way.

I'm sure he did too. The way they were coming to Weber after the final game was telling.

But there's a limit to what the players might have known a couple days after the final when perry expressed his desire to stay.

He probably knew Weber was going to take care of some physical issues, but did he know that he will probably miss the whole season? Did he know that price was potentially on the move at the time? I'm not so sure of that.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Gallagher's really tough but honestly I don't see him as a leader. Just based on some stories I've heard the guy doesn't exactly conduct himself as a pro around town.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad