The Next GREAT goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Judging by history there are so many goalies who are given hype but half the time they don't become true star players like Belfour, Brodeur, Joseph etc... Recently there are some on pace to become great such as Luongo, Turco etc but my question to you is out of drafted prospects who will become the net great goalie....
I think we should do a vote and see who gets the most votes... so lets nominate some goalies.
The first 30 will be nominated and then we'll start a poll type thing...

I nominate Henrik Lundqvist

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
fleury. mentions to nittymaki and maybe leneveu.

i think under the new CBA and changes to the game and all that junk you'll be hard pressed to find goalies that put up roy and brodeur like stats. i'll probably take some heat for this but roy played for a very good montreal team early on and a very good colorado team later in his career. brodeur has played on a NJ team that had lemaire behind the bench for good while, and even now they play tight defensive hockey. some will argue that roy and brodeur are what made these teams good. maybe so. i just think under a new league (and possibly game) structure you'll see a lot less 'dynasties' so to speak that are consistently good over a decade (DET, NJ, COL...). i personally think that then NHL will start to mimic the CHL a bit more where teams rise and fall in the standings every 3-4 years rather than the 7-8 years (or more) that it is now.

i guess we'll find out

salzy

Mar 3, 2005
Windsor
I would have to say Lehtonen.

On a side note, it's nice to see so many people mentioning Niitymaki. Is it safe to say he has vaulted passed Ouellet at this point? Aside from the immediate shock of hearing about the trade, I personally have never sweated the Adam Oates deal for one second. Maybe Niity is starting to make the rest of Flyerland stop worring about the deal too?

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
1.Lethonen
2.Fleury
3.Toivonen
4.Lundqvist
5.Nittymaki

Finland is now the hot bed for goalies in Europe like Quebec is for goalies in North America.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
The competition so far...

Henrik Lundqvist
Kari Lehtonen
Andy Chiodo
Hannu Toivanen
Marc-Andre Fleury
Antero Niittymaki
Andrew Raycroft
Julien Ellis Plante (that is one hell of a stretch but fairly nominated so fair game)
Pascal LeClaire
David Leneveu

10 so far- 20 left

please no1 name these guys anymore...nominate new goalies
then i'll make a new post naming the candids and there will be a mass vote
remember FIRST 30 candids are eligible

JohnnyRyall

Nov 2, 2004
Bryzgalov ...

... and if you're just looking to fill out a list of 30 ... throw in Glass, Ouellet, Montoya ... (Rask, Price, Levasseur as well ... or did you only want drafted guys?) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad