The Newer, Officialer Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread! [ALL Crosby talk Goes Here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
You guys just take for granted that he is the "Next One". Too many variables for me. You just can't predict what may happen. Anything could happen. He could be a total bust. Add that to tha fact that he really hasn't done much outside Canada, and you have one big mess of "if"s and predictions. Speculation. Little or no basis of fact.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
You guys just take for granted that he is the "Next One". Too many variables for me. You just can't predict what may happen. Anything could happen. He could be a total bust. Add that to tha fact that he really hasn't done much outside Canada, and you have one big mess of "if"s and predictions. Speculation. Little or no basis of fact.

You're a lost cause. Every prospect can be a total bust. Dare I say it... EVEN OVECHKIN MIGHT BE A BUST. So you really bring no point here. Crosby is the best player in the CHL right now and that's a fact. And saying he did nothing outside Canada is dumb, he played awesome in the WJC. But anyway, we should just tell him to go play hockey in Egypt and come back, then you'd shut it about "not doing much outside of Canada".

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Foppa_Rules said:

Lol that's stupid... He's done well in the united states. No but honestly the plays here and international experience is not worth much when we're talking of becoming an NHL player. The international game is so different. Anyways You're too mind closed for discussion.

As for Crosby having the best technical skills I've seen it's true. To me, he looks more skilled than Lemieux at 16 years old. I've never seen Orr or Gretzky at this age tho. But if you project that his skills will develop a lot (heck he's 16 years old) he will be one heck of a player.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Ovechkin has proven more. That's just a plain fact, no opinion, no bias, nothing. Just fact. Prospects have to earn their way. I don't take empty hype without a very large grain of salt. I would advise you not to either. A prospect who has proven more is more valuable at a given time than one who is drenched and dripping in hype. Those are the facts.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
ax²+bx+c said:
Lol that's stupid... He's done well in the united states. No but honestly the plays here and international experience is not worth much when we're talking of becoming an NHL player. The international game is so different. Anyways You're too mind closed for discussion.

As for Crosby having the best technical skills I've seen it's true. To me, he looks more skilled than Lemieux at 16 years old. I've never seen Orr or Gretzky at this age tho. But if you project that his skills will develop a lot (heck he's 16 years old) he will be one heck of a player.

How many times did you see Mario Lemeuix at 16? How many times have you seen Crosby? The second paragraph of your post conclusively proves your ignorance. "As for Crosby having the best technical skills I've seen it's true." Have you now. I assume then that you have seen Crosby and all the other top prospects on multiple occaisions in their own leagues and in several international tournaments and are a skilled hockey scout. Director of Scouting 'ax+bx+c'. Right. Don't claim to know things you don't. Anybody who says "Lol" and "tho" instead of though has to be, not a skilled hockey scout and expert on all hockey prospects, but a minor. Ever heard of this saying? -- "It is better to keep your mouth closed and have people think you are an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt."

The Big P

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
Ovechkin has proven more. That's just a plain fact, no opinion, no bias, nothing. Just fact. Prospects have to earn their way. I don't take empty hype without a very large grain of salt. I would advise you not to either. A prospect who has proven more is more valuable at a given time than one who is drenched and dripping in hype. Those are the facts.
I'll agree with you that Ovechkin has proven more, but all most of us are saying is that Crosby seems to have the POTENTIAL to prove more at 18 than what Ovechkin has proven.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Oh, definetly not. Definetly hasn't proven anything. He has only broken Kovalchuk's, Maltsev's, and Bure's records. Only has the record in scoring at the Under-18's, two gold medals, 2 silver medals, and several bronze. He only has enough medals and awards to cover two walls of a house. He was only the first Russian since Tretiak to be named to the senior Russian National team. He is only the best prospect available for the 2004 Draft. But, of course, he hasn't played in the QMJHL, so he hasn't proven anything......

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Foppa_Rules said:
Ever heard of this saying? -- "It is better to keep your mouth closed and have people think you are an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt."

Foppa, you have left no room for doubt, look up "FACT" in the dictionary and try to find where it states that it's an opinion held between YOUR ears. Your opinions on Ovechkin may or may not be correct but they are not "PROVEN FACTS".

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
I am only stating facts. I'm not saying Ovechkin is the Next One. I'm not saying that at 18 he is better than Forsberg, Fedorov, Bure, Sundin, Gretzky, Lemeuix, ect. That's rediculous. I'm only stating the fact that he has proven more than Sidney Crosby has. How do you measure potential? A thousand ways, and you can't compare different stats in different leagues. I is my "opinion" that Ovechkin is better than Crosby right now. It is a "fact" that Ovechkin has proven himselff more.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
You're talking about all of these awards that Ovechkin won. Here are Crosby's from this year alone:

Most Valuable Player
Rookie of the Year
Offensive Player of the Year
Offensive Rookie of the Year
Jean Beliveau Trophy - Scoring Leader
Personality of the Year

I'm not sure that anyone on this board is saying that Ovechkin isn't going to be great because I think he will. I also think that Crosby is going to be great, too.

You make all of these attempts to discredit posters analysis of "potential", then you go on to falsely claim your opinion as fact and your own "potential" analysis as correct.

Your facts are opinions and your opinions are uninformed.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
I am only stating facts. I'm not saying Ovechkin is the Next One. I'm not saying that at 18 he is better than Forsberg, Fedorov, Bure, Sundin, Gretzky, Lemeuix, ect. That's rediculous. I'm only stating the fact that he has proven more than Sidney Crosby has. How do you measure potential? A thousand ways, and you can't compare different stats in different leagues. I is my "opinion" that Ovechkin is better than Crosby right now. It is a "fact" that Ovechkin has proven himselff more.

OK - and you have now made this same point at least 100 times over the past week, thereby distracting the thread and irritating even those of us who also question annointing the "next one" - be he from Canada or Russia or whereever.

Move on - start an Ovechkin thread - post incessantly about how he is going to be the next great player - do what you like. But stop trolling in a thread that is obviously devoted to a player you don't respect.

In other words - grow up.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Nobody will break Wayne Gretzky's records in today's league. Not Ovechkin, not Crosby, not anybody. Wayne Gretzky couldn't break Wayne Gretzky's records in today's league. I did not state my opinion. I did not rate Ovechkin's potential. I stated the known fact that Ovechkin has proven himself more. You can't deny that.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Foppa_Rules said:
I did not state my opinion. I did not rate Ovechkin's potential. I stated the known fact that Ovechkin has proven himself more. You can't deny that.

:deadhorse :troll:

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Foppa_Rules said:
I was joking about Crosby, though he does look like a bat in those pictures. :) And all those "credentials", except the World Juniors, are in Canada, if you notice. I didn't count Ovechkin's "credentials" in Russia. Where are Golden Boy's international stats and awards? Ovechkin has enough awards and medals to cover two walls of a house. Where are Golden Boy's?

because Canada is bigger than all europe...

of course, Russia is also big, but also not far from alot of others country...

But Crosby played is the U.S.., Quebec, Alberta, Nova-Scotia and Finland...

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Foppa_Rules said:
I stated the known fact that Ovechkin has proven himself more. You can't deny that.

Even IF it will be true, SO WHAT?

How can Crosby be doing better... By Making scoring even the Rimouski fans and coaching his team ???

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
You guys are saying that Crosby is better NOW. That's just not true. And Russia is the biggest country in the world. It is the only country in the world that spans two continents. To say that it is "also big" is a bit of an understatement.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Foppa_Rules said:
You guys are saying that Crosby is better NOW. That's just not true. And Russia is the biggest country in the world. It is the only country in the world that spans two continents. To say that it is "also big" is a bit of an understatement.

i know that Russia is bigger than Canada.. About 20 000 KM2 against 10 000 for Canada..

But Russia is not far from a lot of countries... It's the bottom line...

Because Canada is bigger is than all europe... Russia being a part of Europe, Russia is close to tchecoslovaquia (2 countries), scandinavie (2 big hockey countries)

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Habsolution said:
Don't feed the troll ...

Oh by the way I didn't see it mentionned but Crosby's team is leading its series 2-0. Crosby has 4 goals and 1 assist in those two games. He got a hat trick in the second game leading his team to a 5-1 win.
I was told the goals made the highlights on national sports.Did anyone see the
game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad