The Newer, Officialer Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread! [ALL Crosby talk Goes Here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
pei fan said:
Wow, that's alot of hardware! It's somewhat anti-climactic but it's pretty
amazing to think about what this kid accomplished this year.

He'll probably bring home some more hardware when the CHL announces MVP and other awards.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
I was joking about Crosby, though he does look like a bat in those pictures. :) And all those "credentials", except the World Juniors, are in Canada, if you notice. I didn't count Ovechkin's "credentials" in Russia. Where are Golden Boy's international stats and awards? Ovechkin has enough awards and medals to cover two walls of a house. Where are Golden Boy's?

Hitman*

Foppa_Rules said:
I was joking about Crosby, though he does look like a bat in those pictures. :) And all those "credentials", except the World Juniors, are in Canada, if you notice. I didn't count Ovechkin's "credentials" in Russia. Where are Golden Boy's international stats and awards? Ovechkin has enough awards and medals to cover two walls of a house. Where are Golden Boy's?

Probably in a second house that they built just for all his medals and awards.

Hitman*

Foppa_Rules said:
Ha ha ha. What medals?

you get medals at every tournament you win. And he's won many. For example, whe his team made it to the Air Canada Cup, he would get at least 4 medals. Winning his league, province, zone and then for coming in second at the ACC.

It would also be like that for every other league he's played in. See how this works.

crosby1in2005

Dec 24, 2003
Interesting fact for Foppa: Alex Ovechkin's only international accomplishments by the time he was 16 and a half (March 17, 2002) was that he was the Champion of the European Olympic festival 2001 and that he was the best scorer of the 2002 World U17 Championship.

Sidney Crosby turned 16 and a half on Feb. 7, 2004 and has accomplished

-Member of 2004 Canada World Junior Team, 5 points in 6 games.
-Member of 2003 Canada U18 Junior World Cup, 7 points in 5 games.
-Leading scorer of 2003 Canada Winter Games (played instead of World U17 Championship that year) 16 points in 5 games.

Also worth noting is that Sid would have tore sh*t up in this years World U17 Championship (probably smoking Ovechkin's point total in 2002 as well) had he not been playing with big boys at 16 something Ov"er hype"echkin could not do, just something to think about Foppa ;)

KariyaIsGod*

Foppa_Rules said:
See, like I told you....all in Canada.

Well, he does have at least one international accopmlishment.

Outplaying Ovechkin at the WJC...

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Foppa_Rules said:
You guys claim Crosby is the "Next One". It's not my fault you can't back it up.

That's not something you can back up. It's a projection. There's nothing empirical about it.

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
You have got to be kidding me. This is unbelievable. This has really gone way too far now.

Assuming you're talking about his website, Tuomo Ruutu also has his own official website, as does Tomas Plekanec. I'm sure more prospects and players have their own websites as well.

And what's so unbelievable about having a website in the first place? What are your thoughts about all the people with their own homepages? Or is it okay for someone that nobody knows about to have a website, but "unbelievable" and "[going] way too far" when someone who is known has one?

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Foppa_Rules said:
You have got to be kidding me. This is unbelievable. This has really gone way too far now.
Huh what are you talking about :dunno: Anyway for those in Quebec you can watch the quarter final game on cogeco! :banana: :gman: :banana:

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
QMJHL playoff update:

Crosby gets a hat trick tonight! That's 4 goals and an assist in 2 games, and Rimouski leads the series against Shawinigan 2-0.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
The Albino said:
QMJHL playoff update:

Crosby gets a hat trick tonight! That's 4 goals and an assist in 2 games, and Rimouski leads the series against Shawinigan 2-0.
I watched the game tonight,he was simply amazing.He scored his 3 goals on breakaway and one of those was shorthanded:yo: :handclap:

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
L3DZ3P said:
I watched the game tonight,he was simply amazing.He scored his 3 goals on breakaway and one of those was shorthanded:yo: :handclap:

Was it on TV or were u there? I would have liked to have seen that.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
This foppa guy is annoying... I don't fellow this thread but I've seen Crosby's plays and all on TV. At 16 years old the guy is nothing short of the most skilled player I've seen in my life. Honestly, I just don't see how Ovechkin has better playmaking skills, hands and desire. Crosby is almost two years younger and might very well be a better skater and a equally good goal-scorer. Foppa, just shut up.... Crosby is really that good. I'm not his biggest fan or whatever but what we see of this 16 years old hockey player is awesome. I personally never seen a player with such technical skills. The shot, the vision, the hands, the wheels, nothing's missing!

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
Guys we don't know who is gonna end up being a better NHL player. Give it a rest already. Some players develop more than others. Both of these guys have yet to reach their full potential, so all we can do right now is guess who is going to be better. Ovechkin and Crosby have done very impressive things in their short hockey careers and are very intriguing NHL prospects. Lets just leave it at that. Heck for all we know Kovalchuk and Nash could up end being better than those two. Lets just enjoy the fact that we have some great prospects coming into the league over the next couple of years. It's gonna be great watching Nash, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, and Crosby battle head to head over the next decade!!

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
ax²+bx+c said:
This foppa guy is annoying... I don't fellow this thread but I've seen Crosby's plays and all on TV. At 16 years old the guy is nothing short of the most skilled player I've seen in my life. Honestly, I just don't see how Ovechkin has better playmaking skills, hands and desire. Crosby is almost two years younger and might very well be a better skater and a equally good goal-scorer. Foppa, just shut up.... Crosby is really that good. I'm not his biggest fan or whatever but what we see of this 16 years old hockey player is awesome. I personally never seen a player with such technical skills. The shot, the vision, the hands, the wheels, nothing's missing!

Hmmm....so the most skilled player you've ever seen in your life is 16 years old? You should have seen Mario Lemieux play in late 80s and early 90s. Some guy named Orr had some pretty fantastic skills as well. Seriously, let's not get carried away with our analysis of Crosby. He's only 16 years old. He may be the most skilled 16 year old you've ever seen, but to say he's more skilled right now than a guy like Forsberg is ridiculous. Forsberg is a fully mature 30 year old who has developed all of his skills to the max, Crosby is still just beginning to develop his. Lets wait another ten years before we make comments like this.

KariyaIsGod*

fonzyg said:
Guys we don't know who is gonna end up being a better NHL player. Give it a rest already. Some players develop more than others. Both of these guys have yet to reach their full potential, so all we can do right now is guess who is going to be better. Ovechkin and Crosby have done very impressive things in their short hockey careers and are very intriguing NHL prospects. Lets just leave it at that. Heck for all we know Kovalchuk and Nash could up end being better than those two. Lets just enjoy the fact that we have some great prospects coming into the league over the next couple of years. It's gonna be great watching Nash, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, and Crosby battle head to head over the next decade!!

Why? This is a message board. Here we discuss. Hell, As far as I'm concerned, speculation is a welcome addition to any discussion like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig