The once-new "what's going on with Panarin" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I get liking Panarin better than Saad, but playing off Saad as some "eh" player is ridiculous. He was very good here. He wasn't a difference maker, per se, but he was very good. His advanced metrics (Which I am iffy on, but still) are through the roof and he had an absurdly good start last year with an absurdly bad finish. He'll have a good season.

I am concerned about the Panarin neck injury though.

Reactions: CPTN71

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Anisimov and Dano aren't worth diddly-squat now, so we didn't lose in the long run. We'd get a lot more for Panarin if we wanted to trade him.

Saad wanted out - Panarin probably doesn't want to live here, but Saad didn't want to be on this team, and that's a bigger problem. I do think Saad was very good here.

Both of those deals were big upgrades and I'd actually prefer two years of Panarin to four of Saad, so I'm not really pressed to re-evaluate things by recent events.

Reactions: Viqsi and Monk

major major

Feb 18, 2013
By the way, what is the problem with Columbus that guys don't want to play for the Jackets?

I don't get it.

I don't get it either, but I'm also not sure if there is much of a trend to speak of. Obviously there were instances back in the day when the club was trapped at the bottom of the standings. I don't think the Panarin case has any relation to that though.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Anisimov and Dano aren't worth diddly-squat now, so we didn't lose in the long run. We'd get a lot more for Panarin if we wanted to trade him.

Saad wanted out - Panarin probably doesn't want to live here, but Saad didn't want to be on this team, and that's a bigger problem. I do think Saad was very good here.

Both of those deals were big upgrades and I'd actually prefer two years of Panarin to four of Saad, so I'm not really pressed to re-evaluate things by recent events.
Saad was never actively problematic while on the team. He might not have been a good fit but he wasn’t a Carter.

Reactions: EspenK and CBJSTH

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
By the way, what is the problem with Columbus that guys don't want to play for the Jackets?

I don't get it.
Old school coach.
Smaller town (not big city like New York, LA, Chicago) with not much of night life.
Not a hockey town.
Team not winning (better than in past but as I've always said an average team in NHL makes playoffs).

But I think the coaching is biggest thing. That's what Saad pointed out in article is some times he thought he was playing well and he would get benched.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Since Columbus joined the Eastern Conference:

Average Points/Year for Eastern Conference Teams:
  • Washington - 106.8
  • Pittsburgh - 104.4
  • Tampa Bay - 102.6
  • Boston - 102.6
  • Rangers - 97.8
  • Montreal - 93.2
  • Columbus - 92.6
  • Philadelphia - 92.0
  • Islanders - 90.8
  • Detroit - 87.6
  • Florida - 87.4
  • Ottawa - 87.4
  • Toronto - 84.2
  • New Jersey - 83.4
  • Carolina - 82.0
  • Buffalo - 65.4

Last edited:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Playoff Appearances for Eastern Conference Teams:

Pittsburgh - 5
Tampa Bay - 4
Washington - 4
Rangers - 4
Columbus - 3
Philadelphia - 3
Boston - 3
Detroit - 3
Montreal - 3
Islanders - 2
Ottawa - 2
Toronto - 2
Florida - 1
New Jersey - 1
Buffalo - 0
Carolina - 0

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I get liking Panarin better than Saad, but playing off Saad as some "eh" player is ridiculous. He was very good here. He wasn't a difference maker, per se, but he was very good. His advanced metrics (Which I am iffy on, but still) are through the roof and he had an absurdly good start last year with an absurdly bad finish. He'll have a good season.

I am concerned about the Panarin neck injury though.

Major displaying fake outrage about the masses not appreciating Saad in 3...2...1.. :laugh: :sarcasm:

For the record, I agree with you Wen

Reactions: major major

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Saad twice had 53 points with the CBJ. He was a problem? How & Why?

I loved Saad as a player. He didn't always give 100% but his overall play even without that was very good, defensively and offensively, just by virtue of his physical gifts. He was a hard player to play against, even if he wouldn't hit.

He didn't have the buy-in with Torts and he didn't want to be there. None of that hurt the team on the ice but it was a risk of getting there. That's why I might shy away from reacquiring him - I'm pretty sure his dip in production is temporary, but the attitude I'm not sure about.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

Playoff Appearances for Eastern Conference Teams:

Pittsburgh - 5
Tampa Bay - 4
Washington - 4
Rangers - 4
Columbus - 3
Philadelphia - 3
Boston - 3
Detroit - 3
Montreal - 3
Islanders - 2
Ottawa - 2
Toronto - 2
Florida - 1
New Jersey - 1
Buffalo - 0
Carolina - 0
Now do it with playoff wins, or series wins.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I expect the next cba to address this issue , and give teams that have invested in a player , a bigger advantage as far as contract / incentives . As it stands , 8 years instead of 7 doesn’t really move the needle , in a players decision to stay with their current team .

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I expect the next cba to address this issue , and give teams that have invested in a player , a bigger advantage as far as contract / incentives . As it stands , 8 years instead of 7 doesn’t really move the needle , in a players decision to stay with their current team .

Islander fan lurking. But I think the next CBA needs to have the organization give a franchise type tag similar to the NFL for UFA's.

Reactions: The Bread Man

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Foote chose to sign here from the get-go. Carter and Bread didn’t.

Having said that Jeff Carter is a cock-juggling thundercunt.

Bread isn’t in the either Foote or Carter category for me. I’ll just be super disappointed if we lose him but he’s been pretty transparent about this situation.

They are both rejection in my book and I am super sensitive to rejection. :(

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Average Points/Year for Eastern Conference Teams:
  • Washington - 106.8
  • Pittsburgh - 104.4
  • Tampa Bay - 102.6
  • Boston - 102.6
  • Rangers - 97.8
  • Montreal - 93.2
  • Columbus - 92.6
  • Philadelphia - 92.0
  • Islanders - 90.8
  • Detroit - 87.6
  • Florida - 87.4
  • Ottawa - 87.4
  • Toronto - 84.2
  • New Jersey - 83.4
  • Carolina - 82.0
  • Buffalo - 65.4

I know Buffalo have been bad, but that is truly awful!

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
By the way, I won't be able to make it to lunch Thursday. LOLOL

giphy.gif

If you recognize this, then you are old!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad