the new KHL line

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Solid contribution to this thread.

The simple fact is Clarkson has proven he can finish. He has both a nose for the net and a shot. Thats all he needs to pot some goals with a good playmaker like Petri.

I for one am not writing Clarkson off after one year, especially knowing the difficulties he had both on and off the ice last season.

If he performs poorly this season then he may have to be moved into a smaller market.

Can you at least strap some ankle weights to Clarkson and whisper in someone's ear that his pencil legs and horrible balance are really upsetting my kids? I mean if he just grew an ass and fixed his center of gravity my family would be so much more happy. Don't you understand Chuck that they refer to him as the Zamboni?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
What's the basis on you guys stuffing Komarov and Kontiola in the same line? The fact that both are Finns and have played in the KHL prior joining the Leafs?

They have both been at the same time in the Finnish NT on quite many occasions over the past few years, but have rarely been linemates. And when they have... while not an abysmal matchup, there's still been very little incentive to hang onto it long term. Their playstyles don't exactly complement each other.

Off the ice, those two are quite amiable buds though and like to spend time with each other.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
What's the basis on you guys stuffing Komarov and Kontiola in the same line? The fact that both are Finns and have played in the KHL prior joining the Leafs?

They have both been at the same time in the Finnish NT on quite many occasions over the past few years, but have rarely been linemates. And when they have... while not an abysmal matchup, there's still been very little incentive to hang onto it long term. Their playstyles don't exactly complement each other.

Off the ice, those two are quite amiable buds though and like to spend time with each other.

How about the Leafs signing Aaltonen then?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
How about the Leafs signing Aaltonen then?
At least the chemistry would be there, no doubt. I've my reservations though how useful a pure dangler like Aaltonen would be on smaller ice.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Temmu Hartikanen isn't the guy you want on that line.

That line will need someone with some finish to see the full potential.

It has enough hustle and defensive responsibility on it as is.

They need a trigger man, and believe it or not, David Clarkson would be a much better fit.

Petri isn't the fastest skater, but he handles the puck well and puts it in the right places due to his high IQ and creativity. A player like David Clarkson, who can finish off the wing would benefit quite well.

That line has plenty of Finnish, 100%

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad