OT: The NEW HFBoards!

Narcissus

Jul 4, 2009
Clicking on a thread and having to scroll to the bottom to go to the most recent posts. Definitely a weekend ruiner.

I like being able to pick which page I wind up on. It has broken my brain so hard, that I went from a daily lurker to not even bothering to come here. Intermittently checking in to find a complaint thread.

HFboards 3.0 was much better than 2.0 but this is update is garbage.

Reactions: haveandare

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Clicking on a thread and having to scroll to the bottom to go to the most recent posts. Definitely a weekend ruiner.

I like being able to pick which page I wind up on. It has broken my brain so hard, that I went from a daily lurker to not even bothering to come here. Intermittently checking in to find a complaint thread.

I've seen a lot of people say this but that's not been my experience. If I click on the title of a thread with new posts, it takes me to the first unread post. If I click on the timestamp of the last post (as listed next to the thread title), it takes me to the very last post in each thread.

Reactions: Kane One

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY

Since you say you are a lurker, that may be the problem. Are you logged in when you have this issue?

There are some differences in how the site works depending on if you’re logged in or not.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
How do people still have this complaint in 2022, when there’s plenty of adblockers out there?
Yeah ad blockers FTW. Even in my phone they're blocked. I have a "golden parachute" here and shouldn't see them anyway, but still.

What is odd is that person is a sponsor, and I believe sponsors are not supposed to see ads.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah ad blockers FTW. Even in my phone they're blocked. I have a "golden parachute" here and shouldn't see them anyway, but still.

What is odd is that person is a sponsor, and I believe sponsors are not supposed to see ads.

That is why I’m questioning the ads. Should not see them. There was no reason for an ad blocker since I’m a sponsor.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I'm wondering if they cut our parachute or if it's just a temporary blip.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Mobile site is borderline unusable with all these pop-up ads that trick you into clicking the wrong x.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m just upset they are ignoring my mock-up for a darker dark theme. This gray is far too bright.

They even asked ME to make the mock-up and I’ve been ghosted.

I was using the gray was easier on the eyes, but when i was doing the GDT trying to post line ups and headings the colors threw me off since there are some hyper-links there. So I just went back to the standard. I’m getting used to the new software. I would like bigger Avatars though, not sure if people can even make them out half the time. Lol.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I was using the gray was easier on the eyes, but when i was doing the GDT trying to post line ups and headings the colors threw me off since there are some hyper-links there. So I just went back to the standard. I’m getting used to the new software. I would like bigger Avatars though, not sure if people can even make them out half the time. Lol.
I have an extension on mobile to turn any website into dark mode. That worked fine with HF until this update, because apparently that extension thinks this shade of gray is an acceptable color, so it’s ignoring it.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
This was my mock-up.

1647553072825.png

Literally every website an app uses close to black backgrounds on dark themes. Except HF.

This shade of gray is far too bright when it’s late at night and I check HF. I may as well be using the light theme.

Reactions: Leonardo87

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Were golden parachutes a thing in the last version of xenforo? I feel like I don’t remember seeing those for you two since vBulletin.
I don't know if it was a native function but they made it work. Like I was ad free, still had a signature, etc. I still have a signature now but am not sure if I'm ad free.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Logging in is a problem at times. I try logging in at the top of the main page. The security error window pop up appears. I try logging in to post a reply in a thread. Same issue. Sign up for new account page. Press the login button in the right corner. You are allowed to login.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad