OT: The NEW HFBoards!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
It would be nice if there was a 'New' label next to threads that have new posts in them. Just having the title be bold isn't great in Dark mode.

Like what individual posts have on them now when you click into a thread.

Like this

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
The last update made it really annoying to view threads created by people on your ignore list, this update made it impossible

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’m having some issues getting used to the navigation but otherwise it’s good. Seems to be more clicks needed than before, which isn’t a good thing. But again, maybe just my lack of familiarity with the new UI.

Reactions: LokiDog

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
So strange, many of the issue others are having I'm not having. Probably just very glitchy still. When I click a thread it automatically takes me to the first unread post which is number 1 for me on a forum. I have no problem reading any text so far on dark mode except the page number on mobile but I can zoom in to see that to know where I want to navigate. Threads like RBT where there are 35 new pages since I last read it are the only ones I really use that feature anyway. It's just....different, but ok. I'll get used to it.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I'm adjusting via laptop quite fine but the only thing I don't like is that I find it hard to differentiate between the quoted text and the reply on the quote . If they were different via color or whatever ....it would be great .

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Finally able to login. Gotta say, as a UX designer, this update is terrible for readability (on mobile, at least). Every post and thread blurs together. The spacing, typography and contrast make this more difficult on the eyes. It may be prettier, but it’s not as easy to use. Which makes it pointless. More difficult to jump to different forums. More difficult to jump to different pages of a thread. Blah.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Finally able to login. Gotta say, as a UX designer, this update is terrible for readability (on mobile, at least). Every post and thread blurs together. The spacing, typography and contrast make this more difficult on the eyes. It may be prettier, but it’s not as easy to use. Which makes it pointless. More difficult to jump to different forums. More difficult to jump to different pages of a thread. Blah.

Some of the decisions are brutal. Why would you make the navigation breadcrumbs in light gray color (in desktop Light Default mode)? And now, quoted text is not in a different background color to help readability. You *want* people to navigate. You *want* people to like you.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Just FYI--there's a thread on this on the main board, and one of the admins is actually making some changes as they read users' input.

My only ask is that you read the thread first before asking for stuff, because a lot of people are making repeat requests many times over that the admin has acknowledged will be implemented.

Reactions: Kane One

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Just FYI--there's a thread on this on the main board, and one of the admins is actually making some changes as they read users' input.

My only ask is that you read the thread first before asking for stuff, because a lot of people are making repeat requests many times over that the admin has acknowledged will be implemented.

Good news though. Sir avgard was last seen yesterday at 11:22 PM ET. Glad he made it through.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Still no easy way to jump right to the first unread post in a thread.
Just clicking on the thread title takes me to the first new post. If you're having an issue or just think a feature should be added, I'd suggest posting in the thread dedicated to the upgrade that's on the main board. There's an admin there responding to queries and suggestions and in some cases making improvements on the fly.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
On desktop browser tab, we now have a blue "up-down arrows" icon. What happened to the familiar red HFB logo as the icon?

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m more used to it now and okay with it. I keep double posting though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad