The New CoaCH Thread

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So Habs hire a new coach... and what? He would still have horrible horrible defense to deal with, at best inconsistent Price, no real #1 or #2 center, tiny wingers, etc.
Any changes must be preceded with hiring competent hockey executives first.

Reactions: Vachon23 and Fixxer

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
You know what happend last time Bruins fans wanted Claude gone?

Yep, they won a cup

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Guy Boucher criteria for a possible return as coach. Overall he won't be too picky but 3 things he (claims this applies to any coach) would like are:

1. Good Owner
2. Good relationship with GM (talks a bit more about expectations of what a good GM is)
3. True #1 goalie (or alternatively a great duo). Seems to make it the most important/obvious criteria.

On jase : Les critères de Guy pour revenir derrière le banc

Sounds to me like he is sucking-up/winking at a certain Habs GM who loves to build around a #1 goalie. Boucher also talks how a GM should be able to sell ideas to Owner as if the position of a President between GM and Owner didn't exist.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Andre Tourigny
Pascal Vincent
Benoit Groulx
Alain Nasreddine
Joel Bouchard

Ducharme is too synonymous with mediocrity having been here with Julien the past few years.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Many good names in this thread. But I think the name that will eventually be the Habs coach for many years in the future is Joel Bouchard. I don't think he'll get the job in the next 2-3 years. But he's the guy you want for the job eventually. He checks all the boxes :

- Get the most out of his teams
- Good at working with young players
- Demanding, but fair
- Excellent, and I mean, top notch communicator. It's just very hard to dislike him.
- French speaker

I could see him being the Habs coach for many years to come. I just hope another team won't come interview him and hire him before.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Many good names in this thread. But I think the name that will eventually be the Habs coach for many years in the future is Joel Bouchard. I don't think he'll get the job in the next 2-3 years. But he's the guy you want for the job eventually. He checks all the boxes :

- Get the most out of his teams
- Good at working with young players
- Demanding, but fair
- Excellent, and I mean, top notch communicator. It's just very hard to dislike him.
- French speaker

I could see him being the Habs coach for many years to come. I just hope another team won't come interview him and hire him before.

Bouchard is very tough with big ego players though, so while that is great for the AHL level, that might not fly at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad