OT: The New and Improved Baseball Thread 2023, err 2024 Edition

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
It's still the SkyDome. I really don't even know what it's called otherwise.

Though I will say I've been to 12 major league ballparks and the SkyDome is the WORST place I've been to see a game.

My wife and I LOVE Cincinatti's - the Great American Ball Park. Great location, atmosphere, seating, concessions (which aren't too crazy expensive), Coca-Cola, and you can bring in any food or beverages you want other than alcohol.

Yea it’s a pretty ugly stadium. You can definitely tell it’s at the tail end of the domed stadiums era. I hope they get a new one soon on the lake.

Great American Ballpark is beautiful. Unfortunately the team sucks, but at least Marge Schott is no longer the owner.

Reactions: Dingo44

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20230407_125124.jpg
20230407_151007.jpg
20230407_161947.jpg

Pics from the Mets home opener a few weeks back, LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Yea it’s a pretty ugly stadium. You can definitely tell it’s at the tail end of the domed stadiums era. I hope they get a new one soon on the lake.

Great American Ballpark is beautiful. Unfortunately the team sucks, but at least Marge Schott is no longer the owner.
I've only made it to

MLB
Busch (Closed)
Ball Park in Arlington (Closed)
Safeco
Target
Coors
PNC
Chase
Angel Stadium
Tropicana

AAA
Durham
Scottsdale Stadium (Was Giants AAA team before the DBacks Existed)

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I've only made it to

MLB
Busch (Closed)
Ball Park in Arlington (Closed)
Safeco
Target
Coors
PNC
Chase
Angel Stadium
Tropicana

AAA
Durham
Scottsdale Stadium (Was Giants AAA team before the DBacks Existed)

Good list!

I've done these:

MLB:
Wrigley - Cubs
Great American Ballpark - Reds
Exhibition Stadium (old Blue Jays)
SkyDome - Blue Jays
Veterans Stadium (old Phillies)
Citizens Bank Park - Phillies
PNC Park - Pirates
Comerica Park - Tigers
Ballpark in Arlington (old Rangers)
Turner Field (old Braves)
Orioles Park in Camden Yards - Orioles

Minor League:
Burlington Athletic Stadium - Burlington Sock Puppets, NC
First National Bank Field - Greensboro Grasshoppers, NC
Durham Bulls Athletic Park - Durham Bulls, NC
Truist Field - Charlotte Knights, NC
Sahlen Field - Buffalo Bisons, NY
Jimmy John's Field - United Shore Professional Baseball League (four teams), Utica, MI

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have a fairly short list -

Exhibition Stadium (retired/closed)
Camden Yards
Tropicana Field
Skydome/whatever it's called now

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They have done extensive renovations and it's much nicer than the last time I visited years back:
20230416_121715.jpg
20230416_131906.jpg
20230416_144937.jpg

There are further planned renovations on the lower level to get rid of the cookie cutter look.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
My visited ballpark list:

Majors:

Citi Field (Mets)
Rogers Centre (Blue Jays)
Turner Field (Braves, closed)
Petco Park (Padres)
Oakland Coliseum (Athletics)
Chase Field (Diamondbacks)
Target Field (Twins)
Truist Park (Braves)

Tentatively hitting Coors Field (Rockies) in August.

Minors:

Sahlen Field (Bisons)
Dunn Field (Elmira Pioneers)

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
My visited ballpark list:

Majors:

Citi Field (Mets)
Rogers Centre (Blue Jays)
Turner Field (Braves, closed)
Petco Park (Padres)
Oakland Coliseum (Athletics)
Chase Field (Diamondbacks)
Target Field (Twins)
Truist Park (Braves)

Tentatively hitting Coors Field (Rockies) in August.

Minors:

Sahlen Field (Bisons)
Dunn Field (Elmira Pioneers)
Depending on where you stay in the Denver area theres a train stop near the ballpark

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
They have done extensive renovations and it's much nicer than the last time I visited years back:
View attachment 691987View attachment 691989View attachment 691990

There are further planned renovations on the lower level to get rid of the cookie cutter look.

I know about the renovations they’ve done, and are gonna do. It’s still putting lipstick on a pig. Unless the roof is open, it’s full of artificial light. The concourses are small. It’s just ugly both inside and out, and shows the design of when it was designed and built.

It has both the Steelback Brewery (which wasn’t a thing then, but it was the old train yard) AND one of the main GO Train yards just outside of the stadium. Those should have been incorporated into the stadium. As well as the CN Tower. Like imagine if that was one of the foul poles! The simplest thing they could have done was a using an old rail line metal for the top of the “home run” marker. They didn’t even need new shit to do that.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Since we just finished the Bills draft, I recall last year, that our first pick, Kaiir Elam showed up at the Sabres game with Josh Allen and others. That was RJ's last broadcast, we played Chicago, and Mittelstadt won the game in OT.

For the life of me, I can't remember what happened that had us playing a regular season game that late, on the 29th of April?

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Since we just finished the Bills draft, I recall last year, that our first pick, Kaiir Elam showed up at the Sabres game with Josh Allen and others. That was RJ's last broadcast, we played Chicago, and Mittelstadt won the game in OT.

For the life of me, I can't remember what happened that had us playing a regular season game that late, on the 29th of April?
Season start was delayed

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

Apparently (according to the pitcher himself) the Blue Jays reliever was tipping his pitches...which is totally above board if someone in the dugout can pick up on it without video.

Other than that...I mean, what, you think the Yankees got on the Blue Jays' frequency for pitchcom? They don't even give signs to call pitches anymore...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Apparently (according to the pitcher himself) the Blue Jays reliever was tipping his pitches...which is totally above board if someone in the dugout can pick up on it without video.

Other than that...I mean, what, you think the Yankees got on the Blue Jays' frequency for pitchcom? They don't even give signs to call pitches anymore...

It made me think of this -

• Love

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
This is a couple of weeks old but is so freaking cool. Catcher Jacob Stallings of the Marlins comes into pitch in a 14-6 game and strikes out all star Braves Ronald Acuña.

Watch the smiles on everyone's faces and how Stallings makes sure to get the ball. That last pitch is perfect.

Reactions: Chainshot

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Insane ending in the NYS section V championship game between Hornell and Palmyra-Macedon that’s currently going viral:

Gotta feel for Hornell, that’s a heartbreaking way to lose. And props to Pal-Mac for the heads-up baserunning.

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad