Speculation: The never ending Puljujarvi to MTL saga (Eklund Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No way MTL trades Lekhonen : they want to be able to fill the roster with Finnish guys : Armia, Lekhnonen, Kotkaniemi, Ylonen, Juulsen, Leskinen... in order to get Aho and Laine at some point ;)

and that’s fine, but I don’t think there’s any way Edmonton looks at a guy with Byron’s contract and production this season as an option, unless someone like Russell is going back. Acquiring players that aren’t producing hoping they turn it around rarely, if ever, works for us .

Reactions: o98

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Some are saying that Pulji's worth is a 2nd. If that is true than
, Hudon/McCarron and our 2nd for Pulji + say a cap dump,Manning .

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
the fact that no Habs fan is jumping up and down to do a Lekhonen/Puljujarvi swap is exactly why I’d consider it. Too many Habs fans would do Byron+ for Puljujarvi right freakin now that I’m not comfortable with it. Usually when a fanbase is that willing to move on from a player with Byron’a scoring history something is seriously wrong, and he’s expensive besides.
Ya he is injured...

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Some are saying that Pulji's worth is a 2nd. If that is true than
, Hudon/McCarron and our 2nd for Pulji + say a cap dump,Manning .

I don’t believe Holland’s position would have changed so drastically from the summer (when he was reported to have been asking for Rust from Pittsburgh and was set on getting someone that can help now) to now being willing to take a middling second and an AHL player. Doesn’t make a lot of sense. Hell with the team performing above expectations he should be MORE set on adding current NHL pieces that fit into the age group and salary structure of the team, not less.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Draft is in MTL next year so I doubt it gets moved.
This is brought up every year by fans of the team hosting the draft but I'm not sure it's really true. Do fans actually attend the draft? It seems like it'd be significantly better to watch on TV where you get analysts insights.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
This is brought up every year by fans of the team hosting the draft but I'm not sure it's really true. Do fans actually attend the draft? It seems like it'd be significantly better to watch on TV where you get analysts insights.

I understand that the draft isn't a big deal to most fans - but it is to Montreal fans. All we have is hockey here.

Reactions: domiwroze

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
he wasn’t injured for 19 games, though. And had huge struggles producing for them.
Part of it is that his role on the team has changed and the quality of his ice time has. I still think he is having a bad season either way but changes on the team have exacerbated it.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Every time the draft is in Montreal it is packed, especially the first round on Friday.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I like Lekhonen and would consider it, even though he can’t score to save his life. He’d be good in a Tippett system. Money is hard for us though so maybe we send Manning and a late pick back and you send... I dunno, Hudon? McCarron?

Not overly interested in Byron. He’s been a good player but he’s too expensive for us and having a hard time this year.

I don’t have a problem taking Manning contract If it’s help the trade. What’s the offer ?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Tatar is a good player but he makes too much for us to look at him seriously as an option. We really need good third liners at decent cap hits more than anything.

I understand that. I mean, Lehkonen could be made available too because as I said, we have too many top 9 LW at the moment but I don’t think Puljujarvi is the right fit for us if Lehkonen is going the other way

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Our defense lol

Biggest need is a top-6 RW. Armia isn't that, he's too streaky. D is fine right now with Weber-Chiarot and Mete-Petry. We could use a more offensive D to replace Kulak, but Fleury isn't ready to be with an offensive D, he doesn't have the experience to back him up if he's caught trying to help in the O-zone.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The only player I think I'd really be interested in from the Habs for JP is Drouin and that's not happening. I don't really see a guy like Byron being overly effective in the West.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I like Lekhonen and would consider it, even though he can’t score to save his life. He’d be good in a Tippett system. Money is hard for us though so maybe we send Manning and a late pick back and you send... I dunno, Hudon? McCarron?

Not overly interested in Byron. He’s been a good player but he’s too expensive for us and having a hard time this year.

lol I know I've tried to personally sell you Byron over the past few years and you've always drove a hard bargain. He would've been great on the Oilers 2 years ago when he made 1.1million but not anymore now that he makes 3.4.

I have two workshoppable offers for you:

Lehkonen + Hudon + 2nd/3rd for Puljujarvi + Manning?

Lehkonen + Kulak for Puljujarvi + Manning + 4th

Am I way off base? Lehkonen and Hudon are redundant in MTL so it wouldn't be too painful to move on from them. Manning is done after this year and we need LHD depth so he could be a decent add as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad