The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Why do we always "need these two guys back"? We never seem to have enough depth or enough quality players where we could manage to get through the loss of a couple of players?

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Why do we always "need these two guys back"? We never seem to have enough depth or enough quality players where we could manage to get through the loss of a couple of players?

Care to answer that Mr. "Can't Draft an Elite Forward" Poile?

We have the depth it just has no quality.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I honestly don't think Grabo would have fit in here. Nor do I think he wanted to come here. Brunner I think would have been intriguing. And Morrow would have been an upgrade over Nystrom, Hendricks and Gaustad for sure.

But our coach loves those grinders and so does the GM. And we are po dunk Nashvile, no one elite wants to play here anyway.

You're better off sticking with the Bruins, Yoshi.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
So those Grabo and Brunner guys... wish Poile would've opened his wallet for them instead of fourth liners like Nystrom and Hendricks.

I defended Poile for signing Cullen when a lot of people were against him but man, there is just no defending the Nystrom and Hendricks signings. I could handle one a short term deal but both of them for 4 years? That's ridiculous.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
If we're going to carry some tougher agitators on the 3rd and 4th line, that's great, but we're going to have to PK to go along with that idea.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
So, after four games, we're averaging 1.5 goals per game, the worst number in the Western Conference and the third-worst number in the league (Philadelphia and Buffalo are worse). We have the worst goal differential in the West at -7 (Edmonton is next with a -4 through 3 games). Our scoring defense (3.25 GA/G) ranks last in the division, 12th out of 14 in the West, and 24th in the league. Our power play is 19th with the 9th-most power play time in the league; our penalty kill is 26th with the 6th-most shorthanded time in the NHL. We're one of two teams that has yet to score first in a game; the other team is Dallas, which has only played two games. Oh, and Pekka Rinne's save percentage is .891.

Early returns don't win an election, but the Preds' early returns look really nasty. We have a 7-game road swing starting at the end of the month. We need to start gaining traction before then, or we could be in real trouble.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
It's gonna be a long year, but if Nylander or Reinhart is at the end of the tunnel, it'll be easier to bear.

#suckforsam

I mean really, this team is a mess. Bring up the young guys (Beck and Watson) sit the old guys and let's get the rebuild really started. Let's find out what we have in the stables.

Is it just me or is legwand done here? His time has evaporated, he isn't an assistant, haven't even noticed him on the ice.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
those signings really look bad right now.... just can't stand the term with our young guys in the system.

oh, our offense is just a mess. just horrible. that will never change

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
We are playing the exact kind of hockey that represents the players on our team. It's not surprising.

I also think It's time for Trotz and Poile to go

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
just can't stand the term with our young guys in the system.

It's ridiculous. Okay if you don't think they're ready now, that's fine, find replacements for 1 or 2 years. Guys like Nystrom and Hendricks aren't players that warrant more than that many years yet we gave them twice that.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
those signings really look bad right now.... just can't stand the term with our young guys in the system.

Cullen and Hendricks have been virtually useless, but I like Nystrom well enough. He moves his feet and uses his speed to make things happen. That said, there's no way he should have the second-most even-strength ice time among our forwards (only Fisher has more). Spaling shouldn't get more ESTOI per game than Wilson or Hornqvist. Why is Gaustad on the ice more than Legwand? What is going on in Barry Trotz's head?

If Poile thinks the team he put together should be competitive - which he has to, or he wouldn't have dropped so much money in free agency - and these results continue, I would be surprised to see Trotz retained for another year.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Cullen and Hendricks have been virtually useless, but I like Nystrom well enough. He moves his feet and uses his speed to make things happen. That said, there's no way he should have the second-most even-strength ice time among our forwards (only Fisher has more). Spaling shouldn't get more ESTOI per game than Wilson or Hornqvist. Why is Gaustad on the ice more than Legwand? What is going on in Barry Trotz's head?

If Poile thinks the team he put together should be competitive - which he has to, or he wouldn't have dropped so much money in free agency - and these results continue, I would be surprised to see Trotz retained for another year.
Totally agree with all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad