The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlsg

Nov 8, 2006
Agreed.Weber's style isn't Stevens like with the big open ice hits, he's a pound you in the corner sorta guy. He's really good and roughing up guys in close quarters.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Hit totals are great but can you remember one that has changed the course of the game this season other than the two he threw in the Dallas game? That's what I'm talking about, hits that when you walk away from the game you go to youtube to watch over and over again. Hits that Tootoo would throw to get some momentum going in our direction again. I see the little pushes and shoves but I've seen beast mode once this season. These are the things that change the course of a game, sometimes even a season. And one of those hits in the Dallas game was an open ice hit. That's the Weber I want to see every night. That's the Weber that the guys will rally around. That's the Weber that is a game changer. We talk about offensive game changers, well, we have one on the back end when he plays like that. Why are we not seeing more of that?

And this is not a gripe about Weber playing poorly. I think he's had a really solid season. He and Josi have gelled quickly. His D this season has been stellar. I just think there's that other level to his game that hasn't been touched and would love to see more often. I don't think that's asking for the moon.

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
Hit totals are great but can you remember one that has changed the course of the game this season other than the two he threw in the Dallas game? That's what I'm talking about, hits that when you walk away from the game you go to youtube to watch over and over again. Hits that Tootoo would throw to get some momentum going in our direction again. I see the little pushes and shoves but I've seen beast mode once this season. These are the things that change the course of a game, sometimes even a season. And one of those hits in the Dallas game was an open ice hit. That's the Weber I want to see every night. That's the Weber that the guys will rally around. That's the Weber that is a game changer. We talk about offensive game changers, well, we have one on the back end when he plays like that. Why are we not seeing more of that?

And this is not a gripe about Weber playing poorly. I think he's had a really solid season. He and Josi have gelled quickly. His D this season has been stellar. I just think there's that other level to his game that hasn't been touched and would love to see more often. I don't think that's asking for the moon.

Agree 1,000 percent. IMO, the reason the PREDS won their first ever playoff series was the hit the Captain delievered in the opening minutes of game#1. If a tone was ever set for a team to rally behind, that hit sent shockwaves to the euphoria of Leggy's Game 6 ENG.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Time for this thread to be bumped. I am disgusted, disappointed and frustrated by the inability of Poile to change his mindset on how to put a team together. Build from the net out, fine. Great game stealing goalie, check, solid first D pair check, secondary scoring check, top line forwards who put the puck in the net regularly. FAIL! He and Trotz seem to think that a forward corp of grinders and two way players will some how win a Cup. WRONG! These days you need a top line that is a threat to score every time they are on the ice. I'm embarrassed at the stupid money thrown at scrubs like Nystrom and Hendricks. And what about our younger kids like Beck, Watson, Bourque,is spending another year in Milwaukee really going to improve their play? Not to mention the terms of the new deals means there isn't any room for them here anyway. Way to squander young talent.

I love this team, but I don't like the direction it is going in at all.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Time for this thread to be bumped. I am disgusted, disappointed and frustrated by the inability of Poile to change his mindset on how to put a team together. Build from the net out, fine. Great game stealing goalie, check, solid first D pair check, secondary scoring check, top line forwards who put the puck in the net regularly. FAIL! He and Trotz seem to think that a forward corp of grinders and two way players will some how win a Cup. WRONG! These days you need a top line that is a threat to score every time they are on the ice. I'm embarrassed at the stupid money thrown at scrubs like Nystrom and Hendricks. And what about our younger kids like Beck, Watson, Bourque,is spending another year in Milwaukee really going to improve their play? Not to mention the terms of the new deals means there isn't any room for them here anyway. Way to squander young talent.

I love this team, but I don't like the direction it is going in at all.

There is really no need for a separate "negativity" thread. These days, unfortunately, you can click on any thread to get your daily dose of it....

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Let them have their thread. Everyone needs a place to go to vent their frustrations without being called out for it constantly.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Time to dig this up. We suck and I can't even see when we might win our first game at this point. I hope the owners wake up and realize that there will be no fan base left if this crap continues.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If a season or two outside of the playoffs is all that it takes to lose a fanbase, it's probably not a fanbase that can sustain a professional hockey team. I don't see that being the case with Preds fans.

Negativity...watch Josi be out til the New Year. Can't catch a break with the injuries. :shakehead

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
A lot of long time STH are getting unhappy. The fan base will dwindle if we continue to lose.
If one season, and two games, out of the playoffs (after back to back second round showings) is all it takes, then I really do question the long-term viability of the franchise. What happens when the organization inevitably spends 4-5+ years as complete non-competitors, as all teams do at some point?

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I get wanting to express your disagreements to some of the negativity, but this is basically the only place people can go to vent their frustration. Notice the title, which, I'm pretty sure, was an edit done by me.

Please, just let some people vent. We can carry on our arguments in pretty much every other thread.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Where the heck is passing in the offensive zone? ... The Avs forward core put on a clinic.

Preds d and Rinne cannot do it all.

The plays up ice have to be as effective as passes out of the defensive zone.

This does not look like a playoff team.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
A lot of long time STH are getting unhappy. The fan base will dwindle if we continue to lose.
If we "continue to lose"? 50 games ago we were in the second round of the playoffs. Do we look like crap right now? Yes, but that makes it sound like we have some big losing tradition as a franchise. And as others have said, if that's all it takes for our fans to dwindle away, it does two things: 1.) show how fairweather the fans are, and 2.) prove how good we've been through the years if we can't take a very brief period of losing.

Where the heck is passing in the offensive zone? ... The Avs forward core put on a clinic.

Preds d and Rinne cannot do it all.

The plays up ice have to be as effective as passes out of the defensive zone.

This does not look like a playoff team.
Probably because it's not a playoff team. And regarding offense, we don't have it, so that should clear things up.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
If we "continue to lose"? 50 games ago we were in the second round of the playoffs. Do we look like crap right now? Yes, but that makes it sound like we have some big losing tradition as a franchise. And as others have said, if that's all it takes for our fans to dwindle away, it does two things: 1.) show how fairweather the fans are, and 2.) prove how good we've been through the years if we can't take a very brief period of losing.

Probably because it's not a playoff team. And regarding offense, we don't have it, so that should clear things up.

I've read alot of pre-season analysis and the general theme is that next season is going to be a really good season for us and I can deal with that.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
My gripe is people talking about how we suck. We have two of are best players out hurt (go figure) and we started the season on the road. If you actually watched the games you would see we were very competitive.
Give it time jumpers!

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
There seems to be a failure to comprehend the purpose of this thread. It is to COMPLAIN! I am not interested in reading "explanations". I just want to vent!

I know several long time STH who are getting tired of "Predators" hockey as it now. We have gotten into the playoffs ya. That is fun the first couple of times but some of us want more. The lack of top end forwards has been a huge problem for us. Poile doesn't seem capable of drafting a pure offensive talent. And yes there have been guys available in draft, notably Jordan Eberle the year we took Pickard. Trotz was a great coach but not for this team any more. And his treatment of the vets versus the rookies is documented as well.

I love having a team here but Poile and Trotz have past their prime with us. And the play on the ice reflects this. Shea will ask for a trade within the next 2 seasons if things don't improve soon. He deserves a Norris which he won't get playing here and he wants a Cup which we are very far away from.

Van, we have been a lousy passing team for years. It's embarrassing.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I'm ticked that no one went after Downie later in the game. I was thrilled to see Bourque and Weber go after him once the hit happened but we brought in all this grit and sand paper and the first shift Downie hit the ice, guys should've been telling him, it's time to dance, put up or shut up.

I try to see the good in Gaustad but I have a hard time with it. The guy is big but the only thing he hit last night was Hendricks. He wins faceoffs. Whoohooo. I'd like to see the effectiveness of those faceoff wins in a breakdown. Offensive/defensive/neutral zone sort of thing. Importance of situation, does he win the big ones. Does a faceoff loss lead to a goal against like happened on the PK against St. Louis. While it's nice he wins a lot of them, are they at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad