The most surprising team at the quarter mark...who is it?

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
The NHL has been full of surprises so far this season. Be it the Islanders and their surprising 16 game point streak, or the Oilers and the turnaround from last year on the good surprise list, or the Lightning and their slow start, or the Predators and Flames with losing streaks that stopped the great momentum they had to begin the year. I want to now who you guys think the most surprising team in the NHL has been this year. Who do you have?

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
The Isles for sure are one. I am more surprised that Tampa and Toronto are where they are in the standings, more so Tampa considering the fire power they have. Florida Panthers are another good one. Expected them to be better this year with Q coming in, but not as good as they have been. Will be interesting to see if they can continue to hold that second spot in the Atlantic.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The Oilers are the only really surprising one for good, at least to some degree. The areas of weakness that people thought would be present largely are, but McDrai is just overpowering that into results.

I think there are a lot more surprises for bad, mainly San Jose and Toronto. I think it's surprising to see the Knights and Lightning looking so average as well.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I'm very surprised by Tampa.

I don't know why people are shocked at the Islanders. They were a good team last year and they appear to be an even better team this year.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad