The Most Popular Beer in Beer Leagues?

madguitarist

Jul 15, 2013
Moose Jaw, SK
Pilsner, Bud Light, Coors Light, and Molson Canadian, are the most common ones that I see among teams around here. I'm more of a whiskey guy myself, so they all taste the same to me. :D

*ducks flying beer bottles*

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
I'm just picturing a shifty-eyed guy in the corner of the locker room taking quick swigs from a bottle of Jack Daniels in a brown paper bag now haha

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Schönramer...maybe Stiegl but nothing effing else.

Playing in a Bavarian team, they take beer very serious.
Bring any cheaper beer and you might get crucified in the locker-room.

Mojo19

Loyal since 1987
Dec 29, 2006
Nova Scotia
Around here, usually Labatt Blue, Alexander Keiths, Olands, Budweiser or Coors Light (cheap but I've got nothing against it).

robmneilson

Aug 27, 2009
www.robmneilson.com
Lately I've been very partial to the Shiner seasonal Ruby Redbird. Perfect for a hot Texas night in the parking lot after a game.

although I will drink most anything after a game (except the damn strawberry-rita one of our teammates always brings).

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Just fill a trash can with snow from the Zamboni and any brand will do... the cheaper the better!

I have to take issue with the bolded. There is blood, snot, and who knows what all in that shaved ice. It's a small percentage but doesn't seem sanitary. If I have to use zam ice I'll put it in a bag with my beverages inside another bag to keep cold.

Labatt, Molson, and Bud Light for the heavier guys, in that order. As one poster said it may be a Michigan thing. In general I guess if it isn't cheap enough to be sold as a case of cans it isn't meant to be shared in the lockerroom!

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
I have to take issue with the bolded. There is blood, snot, and who knows what all in that shaved ice. It's a small percentage but doesn't seem sanitary. If I have to use zam ice I'll put it in a bag with my beverages inside another bag to keep cold.

There's hair too. That always grosses me out, it's like food once it touches the sink, it goes from fine cuisine to garbage. As soon as hair leaves the head it's just nasty as hell to me.

Still kind of a cool visual... I think it'd make a good beer commercial. Throwing ice from the zamboni into a big tub and stuffing cold ones in... all this beer talk makes me want it to be September and for my league to start up again!

sxHarr05

Feb 19, 2012
Montgomery County,PA
What? No homebrew? :shakehead

Actually, as I am just going to get back into league play, it's good to know what to look at as my taste in beer is slightly more complex than CL, BL etc. This was born out of a need to keep everyone else out of my fridge while I was at work.

I will pound a few PBR's though. Not hipster. Redneck. :cheers:

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009

Actually, as I am just going to get back into league play, it's good to know what to look at as my taste in beer is slightly more complex than CL, BL etc. This was born out of a need to keep everyone else out of my fridge while I was at work.

Scorn withdrawn ;)

kalessin

Jun 11, 2007
and then we have some guys who are into craft brews and brought Dogfish World Wide ----basically tastes like wine its so strong.

Hahaha someone brought World Wide Stout to a game?

BTW that's an 18% beer, no wonder you found it strong.

StoneColdGMJN

Jul 16, 2013
Marquette

PBR isn't hipster anymore. Hipsters stopped drinking it because it became too hip. Now that it's name has been cleared up its my beer of choice when I'm trying to really tie one on and don't have much money.

Jisatsu

May 17, 2013
Pbr was my dollar can beer of choice at the college bars in Virginia. Nothing wrong with pounding a few of 1893's famous blue ribbon. :)

sxHarr05

Feb 19, 2012
Montgomery County,PA
Pbr was my dollar can beer of choice at the college bars in Virginia. Nothing wrong with pounding a few of 1893's famous blue ribbon. :)

Nothing wrong with it at all. In fact, it was the first beer I ever drank, age 14, at a mountain "retreat" with family. :sarcasm:
I just find it amusing how it fell in with the hipster crowd. For years it was the go-to at many a country music festival/concert then suddenly all these girly men with sh**ty beards and girl pants are drinking it while bemoaning their existence aboard their fixed-gear bikes (as an avid MTB'er/old guy I refuse to use the term "fixie" lol).
Down with hipsters! Long live the Ribbon!
/rant :D

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I live and play in a beer league in Halifax, mostly it's Keith's and an assortment of macros. Keith's and Oland Export are probably the two least common outside of Halifax, other than that it's your usual Labatt Blue, Coors Light, Bud Light, or Blue Light.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad