The Montreal Media Thread

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Yesterday I got blocked by tony and attacked by two of his mouthbreather followers for calling him a buffoon. Jokes on then, I don't even follow him!

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I meant the fact that he's out of touch, an attention ***** and no one should take him seriously.

Who would ever take a sports media personality seriously though?

Don is there between periods to yell about some play and praise some kid from Kamloops. I love it and especially if he spends a moment reminding us that hockey isn't everything and that we have young men and women at risk promoting Canadian interests. It's not political, it's just patriotic and as the son of immigrants I appreciate it so much.

Tony shills pasta sauce on rafio.

Not the same

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Not only do i get all my hockey info at HFboards, but i get MUCH more quality analysis and opinions here then on any media website. Mix in a few stats-oriented websites and you are set.

I mean, just over the lock-out, anyone who was following the colberg thread got info on that prospect you wouldn't imagine traditional media ever bringing in that type of information.

I see no reason whatsoever why people insist on using traditional media.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Not only do i get all my hockey info at HFboards, but i get MUCH more quality analysis and opinions here then on any media website. Mix in a few stats-oriented websites and you are set.

I mean, just over the lock-out, anyone who was following the colberg thread got info on that prospect you wouldn't imagine traditional media ever bringing in that type of information.

I see no reason whatsoever why people insist on using traditional media.

Yep. I get all my news from either HF or from the SMS that TSN sends me with breaking news.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Lavoie and John Lu are the only ones I pay any real attention to because they tweet only facts.

The rest can take their buffoonery and shove it!

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007
I tweeted to Marinaro: "you don't know anything" and he blocked me.

He's so sensitive

lol ive only ever tweeted him once as well and that got me blocked. i didnt even insult him i provided examples contrary to what he was saying...his ego is THAT big.

for some reason darche blocked me too but ive never even tweeted him

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
La Premiere Trio on TVA sports is probably the only good source of hockey information in the media. Jacques Martin is actually on that show. He might not be liked, might not be the best coach we've had, but he's still a very smart hockey man.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I liken the French Media (namely RDS) to Fox News...they know their audience will eat up the crap they spew. I have said that the media negatively affects the team. Something has to change. There's no journalistic integrity.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Don't consume Montreal sports media?

I would not go that far but I agree with the concept.

---------------

During Subban’s contract negotiations, we were going at a rate of one thread (1000 freakin’ posts!) per day; the sports media are just a reflection of our... craziness. Also, to be fair, I noticed a lot of “false†reports (example: “ah ah rds is bashing Subban again!†while they were just saying that PK should not be in the lineup before Saturday) posted in here. I don’t think the posters are doing it on purpose but the bias towards the Montreal media is so strong that, sometimes, it does result in tainted interpretations.

Just to be clear: sports media from all over the world are not perfect; far from it. However for each clowns you name me, I can name you 3 good and level headed analysts. It’s a personal decision: just stop watching the clowns. Or, if you prefer, stop reporting everything they say and write.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
lol ive only ever tweeted him once as well and that got me blocked. i didnt even insult him i provided examples contrary to what he was saying...his ego is THAT big.

He actually replied with something like: "I know something, ur getting blocked"

I laughed pretty hard

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Did you ever tweet to Marinaro that Darche sucked? If so, I may have solved that mystery.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
The majority of Montreal media are rumour mongers
The ones that are knowledgeable are labelled as vanilla

They're all elbowing for their slice of notoriety and fans

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
For those wondering how these guys have shows, other people who have/had shows with a large following:

- Bill Oreilly
- Glen Beck
- Alex Jones
- Maury et al.

You get the point.

I also would fully be behind a day when Montreal takes back the media. It wouldn't be hard for us to organize calling in to tell Tony and him chums off.

Plekanec signing is the worst? I am officially enraged:rant:. And I didn't even listen to the actual comment by Marinaro.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
I wish we could organize a day where a bunch of us call in to team 690 just to tell marinaro that he's an idiot. Would make my year.

I am easily amused.

Haha
Did anyone hear goofy marinaro earlier this week ask igor larionov how his former line mates makarov and Krutov are doing these days? Really tony? How is krutov doing these days? He's dead.

cjbhab*

Marinaro just challenged Jack Edwards to a fight for charity.. says he will knock him out.

HabsFan1689

Jan 27, 2013
Marinaro just challenged Jack Edwards to a fight for charity.. says he will knock him out.

I heard this too. Summary for those who missed it:

1. The Bruins are bullies and their fans can't deny it. Most of the time they get the last laugh.

2.Horton is not in the same business as him so they can't fight but Edwards is.

3. Challenges Edwards to a fight for charity, guarantees a win even if he's out of shape.

Lol

Last edited:

skule123

Mar 24, 2008
I heard this too. Summary for those who missed it:

1. The Bruins are bullies and their fans can't deny it. Most of the time they get the last laugh.

2.Horton is not in the same business as him so they can't fight but Edwards is.

3. Challenges Edwards to a fight for charity, guarantees a win even if he's out of shape.
Lol

Reminds me of when Don Brennan, lauded Ottawa Sun Senators reporter, was calling out Pens-era Georges Laraque.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad