News Article: The Minnesota Wild will host the 2022 Winter Classic at Target Field against the St. Louis Blues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
with how cold its going to be i imagine that ice is going to be as hard as steel
The ice gets very brittle, and chips when it's really cold. When you clear it you have little, broken glass pieces, rather than snow.

Reactions: BagHead

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Then end up with the fashionable frostbite in the fingers and toes that may or may not end up in a fashionable amputation.
its-that-damn-3d5281efaa.jpg

Reactions: TaLoN

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I want MN to get the record for coldest WC.

Surprised they're only trying to pack 38k in Target Field? Thought they could fit more.

I'm not planning on it,but if I wanted to go (I know it's sold out) where could I acquire tickets? Will there be scalpers outside and if so,will tickets from scalpers be higher or lower than face value? Are there other places I could find tickets this late in the game? (CL? Ebay?)

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I got two tickets about a month ago and invited a friend to go with and we were planning on going this entire time...he texted me yesterday and said he tested positive for COVID :(

Scrambling last minute to find someone to take his place. The big issue is that the tickets you can get through the secondary market are selling for less than what I paid for mine I think...so it's hard for me to ask someone to pay the full amount. We'll see what happens. Worst case scenario maybe I'll make it a solo adventure :)

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
One of my sons was asked to go just yesterday. Lending him my sheepskin mittens, Mad Bomber, hand warmers, and ultra warm boots. He contemplated not going because of the cold, then realized it might be somewhat historic not only because it's the Winter Classic, but possibly the coldest one ever. He'll be able to tell his grandchildren he was there( hopefully with all his limbs intact).

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
This is the first time the Winter Classic won't be on NBC? Wut in the actually...:huh:

MN finally gets this stupid game, and then it's on cable for the first time?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I heard TNT has almost 200 crew there tomorrow, so this should be a quality production.

Team pic today...ugly pants, I can't stand that color. But wearing a neck gaiter is a good idea out there.

kaapo-kahkonen-dakota-mermis-jordie-benn-dmitry-kulikov-and-jon-picture-id1362139365

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I heard TNT has almost 200 crew there tomorrow, so this should be a quality production.

Team pic today...ugly pants, I can't stand that color. But wearing a neck gaiter is a good idea out there.

kaapo-kahkonen-dakota-mermis-jordie-benn-dmitry-kulikov-and-jon-picture-id1362139365
Dumba, you look like part of a Mongol horde! Whoever that is beside you looks like a stage magician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad