The Mikhail Grigorenko Thread Part II (assigned to Québec)

Status
Not open for further replies.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I want the guy to succeed but he seems really arrogant about his ability. He's got a lot of talent but he's got a long way to go if he's going to be a good NHL'er.

Good to hear he's going to report to Quebec and I hope he goes pissed off and doesn't get complacent. Improve your game and get better Grigs.

ZeroPT*

Well that's somewhat of a relief, aren't Quebec over the import limit?

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
I want the guy to succeed but he seems really arrogant about his ability. He's got a lot of talent but he's got a long way to go if he's going to be a good NHL'er.

Good to hear he's going to report to Quebec and I hope he goes pissed off and doesn't get complacent. Improve your game and get better Grigs.

If he can channel his anger inward and use it to improve himself that would be great

ZeroPT*

They would have been a couple weeks ago but now that restriction is lifted.

Thanks. Couple questions:
1) where will he be playing?1st line?
2)His NHL trade value was hampered, has it gone back up? ever so slightly?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Next year should be big for him, a full 70ish games playing top 6 minutes in professional hockey. I still haven't written him off and hope he can figure it out. It's show me time.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Next year should be big for him, a full 70ish games playing top 6 minutes in professional hockey. I still haven't written him off and hope he can figure it out. It's show me time.
I haven't written him off as a guy who will eventually put up a lot of points in this league. He will be a 70pt player that wont kill you defensively some day. I am not convinced he will ever be a player you win with though.

Anyways the greatest crisis in Buffalo Sabres history is over. Back to winning useless games!

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Thanks. Couple questions:
1) where will he be playing?1st line?
2)His NHL trade value was hampered, has it gone back up? ever so slightly?

JFB can probably answer #1. I'd imagine Erne or Duclair will be on his LW. Maybe Sorensen on his RW.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I haven't written him off as a guy who will eventually put up a lot of points in this league. He will be a 70pt player that wont kill you defensively some day. I am not convinced he will ever be a player you win with though.

I think he COULD be a great complementary player, but shouldn't be the best player on the team -- a guy like Kovalev.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
I'm sure there was a resolution and I am even more sure that resolution involves Grigs not being a Buffalo Sabre after the trade deadline.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I think he COULD be a great complementary player, but shouldn't be the best player on the team -- a guy like Kovalev.

I see a second line center chipping in 50pts a season, and I think that's being generous based on his lackluster and unrefined play to date.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

I agree. If he even develops nicely over the next few years, I can see him top out at 45-50 points. And I'm fine with that.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 3m

#Sabres Grigorenko to report to Quebec City, afterall. Just got off phone with his agent. Short version of update filed. More to come.
Retweeted by Kevin Oklobzija

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 3m

#Sabres Grigorenko to report to Quebec City, afterall. Just got off phone with his agent. Short version of update filed. More to come.
Retweeted by Kevin Oklobzija

Had a feeling that was the most likely outcome. That doesn't mean it's all roses, though. We'll have to see what the future holds.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Anyways the greatest crisis in Buffalo Sabres history is over. Back to winning useless games!

How exactly can you "not win with" a player who puts up 70 points and doesn't kill you defensively? I'd sure hate to have that on my team...

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
How exactly can you "not win with" a player who puts up 70 points and doesn't kill you defensively? I'd sure hate to have that on my team...

You had to give the Roy haters an in, didn't you? :laugh:

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
I might be alone but I think the kid can still be a dominant 90 - 100 point player in his prime..It's just not going to happen for another 5 - 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad