The Mike Yeo Firing Thread/Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
He only worries about it because if he isnt watching and we run amuck and cause chaos in a thread that is supposed to be closed after 1000 posts, then he gets a v$500 fine. Even mods can't afford that on their salary :sarcasm:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Oh I think there will be a part 2 to this thread.

I'm sticking with my guns here. Yeo still needs to go.

And Koivu is fine as captain. For now...

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
If the Wild make the playoffs he keeps his job period. Only way he gets canned this offseason is if the Wild have a terrible collapse and the Jackets and Red Wings win out. I like the Wild's odds.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I think Yeo gets into next year. Depending on the start to next season, and the team's progress throughout the year will dictate how hot his seat gets.

We shall see I guess... If this team just sputters out like they seem to, I want his ass gone.

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
Not gonna lie here, I'm starting to jump on the "rip the C off of Koivu's chest" bandwagon. He's not a very vocal presence in the locker room, he sugarcoats a lot of things, and worst of all, he's not showing up when we need him most. I think Parise would be a far better captain.

I know other people have said it, but this is absolutely 100% false. Not only that, but if Mikk didn't have the backing of the locker room, he wouldn't have the C.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
How did we get on Mikko again? Geesus...

As if enough isn't messed up already, we have to fabricate something else based on nothing but pure personal speculation...

Can we just leave Mikko alone.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I definitely think the only way Yeo goes is if we don't make the post season. I am wishy washy with him. I honestly think his moves helped us win last night. He obviously knew what he was doing. But at times, I believe the opposite takes place and he has no clue. He is hot and cold.

I do think he only goes if we don't make the post season. I think if by next year at this time we suck or don't do well in the playoffs, then he will for sure be gone.

As for Mikko... I love him and love him as captain. I don't want anyone else in this spot. I love him and love Parise and Suter as As.

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
Yeah I am certainly not right 100% of the time, so I guess I can't expect somebody else, namely our coach to be that way either. But patterns begin to form after you form a body of work. And if collapses every season becomes a pattern, things need to be looked at a bit closer as to why that keeps happening. Teams in a course of an NHL season get hot and cold, that happens to pretty much all teams. But complete collapses, thats a whole other issue. Yeo will be given some more time, but that doesn't mean we can't be entertaining the idea he "might" need to go if this stuff keeps going on.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I still really hope he ends up going somehow this offseason. If Tippett becomes available, we need to get him.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
You know... If I put my own eye out from doing a physical /facepalm because of this thread, it isn't covered by workers comp...

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I do like how this tread went from "lets complain about Yeo and get him fired which I have to say i'm on board for now" to "Get the C off of Mikko"

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
You know... If I put my own eye out from doing a physical /facepalm because of this thread, it isn't covered by workers comp...

If you put your own eye out doing a physical /facepalm you deserve no pity. Seriously dude L2A :sarcasm:

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
My thoughts for now, Yeo stays into next season; make or break for the first few months.

OR IF we get swept in the post season, I could see something happening.
(I see us winning at LEAST one game no matter what though)

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm wondering of how many of these "injuries" to low-key players were just made up or exaggerated just to get the callups

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Considering the quality of callups, probably real.

I'm trying to give benefit of the doubt, but there are only a few players I've seen actually relevant on a broken foot...Konopka doesn't come off as one I've seen be that. Hell even Kesler wasn't playing on his. Rupp has been out a lot and with his family in New York still and we found a relevant fit to the bottom line if we need it with callups. Almost like it was a wash to trade for him.

IDK... just weird all these injuries happened almost all at once

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Based on the inconsistency and occasional lapses this team has shown this year, I don't think Yeo's job is or should be totally secure unless the Wild make a fairly strong showing in the playoffs (i.e., win a round, or at least make it competitive and go down in 7).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad