Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle Claw

Jan 25, 2013
Finland
putting clutter on 2 line tells you yeo has lost it

Yeo is a disaster he penalizes effort to creativity benching people
Dont know **** about PP
Has stoner as he's some kind off adopted cousin and knows **** about whats wrong with the system
Yeo system is like a defensive triangle choke the more you apply it the less you score and the more you loose games

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Why in the world would you put someone on the 2nd line that thinks the net behind the goalie is the one that is above the boards??

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I've been done with this coach for a while and as for anyone else; I don't know how you couldn't feel the same after watching his performance post-deadline.

Quite frankly, his two biggest weaknesses as a coach are two of his inherently fundamental tasks, zone starts/match-ups and setting his line-up. You can't make it as a coach if you're setting up your team for failure before play is started.

Even with the team turnover, short training camp; it shouldn't take a team half the year to find lines that work. Only to be STILL tweaking them in the last days of the season. UNACCEPTABLE.

His GM went out and made what would be a huge splash for any team. He's got that player playing on the 3rd line with two players who have played as bad as any over the course of the year. One who most can't remember the last time he had a strong, full season. Seems reasonable.

He's absolutely ran Backstrom into the ground. In a season such as this, there's no reason to be playing a goaltender at Backstrom's age and injury history at the pace he has. Playoff positioning, young other goaltending options or not. At this point, he's now got no choice to continue to go to him.

He's also handled the defensive corps about as poorly as possible. Weak personnel or not. Falk or Prosser have never played as poorly as Clark has; a player who was literally picked up off the street mid-season. Why he's been playing of late makes little to no sense.

As far as systems, it is what it is. Talent or not, you're not going to score at any kind of acceptable rate over the course of a year if your fundamental focus revolves around the 3 forwards working along the boards with minimal movement to the front of the net. All talent and creativity has effectively been squashed for a grinder mentality in the offensive zone. Pretty easy for goaltenders to take and save a high volume of shots that are from in tight, from poor angles in an effort to drive from down low towards the net. Very seldomly do we see, both, a player get to a soft area AND shoot the puck with a purpose. When your offensive approach looks like below in most stages of possession in the offensive zone, you're not going to be productive.
2hrmxja.jpg

Which comes down to exactly how Yeo is and will be grooming the kids. A big part of this franchise. Put simply, he's not comfortable with them because he's not giving them leeway to be creative. The moment they have a rough shift, they don't see the ice for another 10 minutes. Can't build confidence like that in a vital stage of development in a league the organization ultimately wants to get them at. The goal can't be to fill a line-up top to bottom with players that will do nothing but fill in along the boards and not do what it takes to get to scoring areas. Or to create off a rush.

In short, barring an unforeseen run, I don't know how you go into next season with Yeo at the helm.

TP you hit the nail right on the ****ing head. We've seen very little deviation from this offensive scheme. and when we did see some deviation, we started actually winning games! Yeo hates creativity, and his idea of playing the "right" way, is to screw the creativity and any actual offensive skill in favor of grinding it out like every line is a third line. Yeo is a joke of a coach. He is a nice guy, but he can't coach worth a damn. Hell, Todd Richards was a much better coach at this point. Just look at what he's doing with Columbus right now! And saying that makes me physically sick to my stomach.

Yeo has to go. I don't care if we miss the playoffs or win a round, Yeo HAS to go if this Franchise wants to move forward and get away from this dumb ****ing grinder mentality.

Remember that winning streak we had? I am more convinced than ever that that was a player rebellion and we won in spite of, not because of, Yeo's ******** system.

putting clutter on 2 line tells you yeo has lost it

Yeo is a disaster he penalizes effort to creativity benching people
Dont know **** about PP
Has stoner as he's some kind off adopted cousin and knows **** about whats wrong with the system
Yeo system is like a defensive triangle choke the more you apply it the less you score and the more you loose games

This too. The defense is a joke. Anyone who shows creativity gets punished or pushed to the 4th line. Now he's going to scratch Veilleux after Fletcher called him up to spark the team? Yeo is out of his god damned mind and his actions lately reflect how desperate he is. he HAS to know his job is on the line here, and I think the more he flails around trying desperate **** like this, the more evidence that Fletcher has to justify firing his ass the moment the season ends, unless Fltecher gets fired himself, in which case it falls to the guy directly underneath Fletcher. And I think Fletcher would not deserve it at all. He's done a lot more things right for this franchise than anyone else ever has.

I want to see Fletcher stay where he is going forward, and I want to see Yeo thrown out the door. Get Ruff or someone else who gets ****canned this year as an excuse for their teams lousy year.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
You guys need to branch out and watch some other teams...

Watched Vancouver and Chicago last night. Amazing how much quicker they were at getting to the puck. And on the PP, Kesler actually shot the puck from Koivu's spot on the half wall. On the dump ins, they were able to retrieve the puck as they weren't just passing to the goalie and forced the defender to respect the puck carrier.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
When you watch other teams you see how spacing on the ice should be properly executed. Especially Chicago but that's an extreme example. You also see much more creativity and movement (both puck and player) in transition approaching the opposing line.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
When you watch other teams you see how spacing on the ice should be properly executed. Especially Chicago but that's an extreme example. You also see much more creativity and movement (both puck and player) in transition approaching the opposing line.

San Jose has been an interesting one to watch. LA tonight will be brutal I'm sure :biglaugh:

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
Double wow. Coach is a joke.

THIS! I was blind to this until about a month ago. I wanted to be positive and support the guy, but darn it, I'm finding it difficult now after this seasons collapse. Until then I was just chalking it up to inexperience, and he will mature, and learn just like the team is having to. But we have a much better team now.

WWJL do?

(What Would Jacques Lemaire do?)

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012
THIS! I was blind to this until about a month ago. I wanted to be positive and support the guy, but darn it, I'm finding it difficult now after this seasons collapse. Until then I was just chalking it up to inexperience, and he will mature, and learn just like the team is having to. But we have a much better team now.

WWJL do?

I'm in the same boat. I've very slowly been turning on Yeo, especially after the addition of Pominville.

What would Jacques Lemaire do, if he was here right now?
He'd make a plan and he'd follow through, that's what Jacques Lemaire would do.

Spoiler: We'd be the best trapping team in the conference. Everybody would be bored to death, but we'd be ****ing winners! Brodin would be hailed as the best defensive-Dman of the generation, Backstrom would be a Vezina candidate... and we'd have the lowest number of goals for in the league. :laugh:

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
I'm in the same boat. I've very slowly been turning on Yeo, especially after the addition of Pominville.

What would Jacques Lemaire do, if he was here right now?
He'd make a plan and he'd follow through, that's what Jacques Lemaire would do.

Spoiler: We'd be the best trapping team in the conference. Everybody would be bored to death, but we'd be ****ing winners! Brodin would be hailed as the best defensive-Dman of the generation, Backstrom would be a Vezina candidate... and we'd have the lowest number of goals for in the league. :laugh:

Plus, we'd have the best post game interviews in the league.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

WWJL do?

That's what I thought last year when the collapse started in December. I figured Yeo is just a rookie who doesnt know how to handle a locker room that's had the air sucked out of it. This year tho? I think he's the one sucking the fight and skill out of the team with his terrible grinder style. That one was fine for the people we had last year, since all we had were grinders for most of the season, but we have REAL players this year, and Yeo is just pissing all that talent down the drain.

Yeo needs to go.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
There's no way you could bring a different coach and win playing a different system with this roster. What we have is what we have. It starts at the top with the GM. Yeo is probably the best man for this style. The plan of having slow, strong-on-the-puck players playing an no-puck control, down-low forechecking style doesn't work in this league. It's ugly, boring, and ineffective hockey. That's the problem.

Billy Mays Here*

Not gonna lie here, I'm starting to jump on the "rip the C off of Koivu's chest" bandwagon. He's not a very vocal presence in the locker room, he sugarcoats a lot of things, and worst of all, he's not showing up when we need him most. I think Parise would be a far better captain.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
Not gonna lie here, I'm starting to jump on the "rip the C off of Koivu's chest" bandwagon. He's not a very vocal presence in the locker room, he sugarcoats a lot of things, and worst of all, he's not showing up when we need him most. I think Parise would be a far better captain.

Nonononononononononononono

Billy Mays Here*

Yeah, whatever. The only reason we're not taking the captaincy away from him is because of time with the franchise. Drafting him, building the team around him, etc. Let's just say we signed both Koivu and Parise as free agents this past summer, who would you want to be captain? I sure as hell go with Parise. I know we're not gonna take the captaincy away from Koivu, and frankly it would be somewhat wrong to do so, but I'm just saying that Parise is a better captain than Koivu is. He tells it like it is, works his ass off every game, and is a far more vocal presence in the locker room than Koivu is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad