OT: The Menu - Part 4: Chocolate Milk Still Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
The point was it was calling a hot dog a sandwich, a fact which some of these monsters refuse to admit.

A hot dog in a bun is the symbol of the hot dog, it's just like having a PB and J.

Yes you can have the hot dog naked, but it's like having PB but with no J or vice versa it doesn't feel right.

Every hot dog I have ever had has been on a hot dog bun, during my poor days going to school, white bread and we just rolled it like a joint.

Since the hot dog's rightful home is a bun, it's being placed on a form of bread, thus sandwich can be used.

There for I rule that a Hot Dog on a hot dog bun the term sandwich is allowed.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The point was it was calling a hot dog a sandwich, a fact which some of these monsters refuse to admit.

Um, yeah, about that...

Hot Dog Council Says a Hot Dog is Not a Sandwich

A hot dog is officially not a sandwich, says British sandwich body

There you have it. The foremost experts in both the hot dog and sandwich fields say you're wrong. You'll learn how to cite credible sources like mentalfloss.com when you get into college if they haven't already taught you how to do this in your 10th grade English class.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
A hot dog in a bun is the symbol of the hot dog, it's just like having a PB and J.

Yes you can have the hot dog naked, but it's like having PB but with no J or vice versa it doesn't feel right.

Every hot dog I have ever had has been on a hot dog bun, during my poor days going to school, white bread and we just rolled it like a joint.

Since the hot dog's rightful home is a bun, it's being placed on a form of bread, thus sandwich can be used.

And anyone who says otherwise is committing treason against Lou and The Menu thread.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Um, yeah, about that...

Hot Dog Council Says a Hot Dog is Not a Sandwich

A hot dog is officially not a sandwich, says British sandwich body

There you have it. The foremost experts in both the hot dog and sandwich fields say you're wrong. You'll learn how to cite credible sources like mentalfloss.com when you get into college if they haven't already taught you how to do this in your 10th grade English class.
I don’t recognize their authority.

I wasn’t even consulted during their investigation so clearly they didn’t make much of an effort.

Hot dog = sandwich. Anyone saying differently is the Hakstol of food.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I don’t recognize their authority.

I wasn’t even consulted during their investigation so clearly they didn’t make much of an effort.

Hot dog = sandwich. Anyone saying differently is the Hakstol of food.

Not my hot dog council? Really? Weak sauce...or mustard, I guess.

And you better watch what you say, boy. Where I come from, someone calls me the Hakstol of food, I get all Gritty with them, if you know what I'm saying.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not my hot dog council? Really? Weak sauce...or mustard, I guess.

And you better watch what you say, boy. Where I come from, someone calls me the Hakstol of food, I get all Gritty with them, if you know what I'm saying.
5219ce5fc856110fcf000017_736.jpg

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly

So you’re with the dark side now? Ok, I understand.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hot dogs are on bread, not a taco shell or tortilla.
Sandwich: an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.

If the hotdog bun is still attached....then is it 2 pieces? No. And if anyone WILLINGLY breaks their hotdog bun into 2 seperate pieces, then they can't be trusted anyways.

I think I found what your mom used to make for you...it explains everything:

hotdogclubsandwichholly.0.jpg

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sandwich: an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.

If the hotdog bun is still attached....then is it 2 pieces? No. And if anyone WILLINGLY breaks their hotdog bun into 2 seperate pieces, then they can't be trusted anyways.

I think I found what your mom used to make for you...it explains everything:

hotdogclubsandwichholly.0.jpg
If you go to somewhere like Subway it's still a sandwich shop, even if they only cut 99% through the bread.

Even says at the top of the website: Sub Sandwiches
Sub Sandwiches - Breakfast, Sandwiches, Salads & More | SUBWAY® | SUBWAY.com - United States (English)

Hot dogs are just a smaller version of that. A mini sausage sandwich.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Clubhouse has to have real turkey.

**** I need bread
Oh Benny...I went off the rails for a bit! Hold on as long as you can.

Had a donair one day, followed by back to back days of Chinese food, followed by a day of fish n chips with a roll on the side....then also potato chips as a snack on multiple nights.

Gained 2 lbs back...lol.

So today making sure I get back on track!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I assume most don’t since it would be redundant and they assume everyone already knows it. ;)
I just don't remember looking at any menu, seeing the "sandwich" section....and seeing a hot dog listed.

Hmmm...

Actually....it's usually in the "kid" section. Now it makes sense why YOU feel the way you do.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

If a hotdog is a sandwich then so is a taco. Neither make sense therefore they are not sandwiches

This has nothing to do with good or evil, I'm using logic.

I stated if the hotdog is on the bread, it is a sandwich, if it's not it's not a sandwich.

once it touches the bread, it's meat a pork product on bread,

same as if it's ham, turkey, etc you all call them sandwiches

Soft Taco is a form of bread rolled up, but it's bread.

if Meat is touching bread of any kind the term sandwich is granted.

I'm not sure why you people can't get this. I know I can't hammer out stupid, but this is as simple as it gets.

Forrest Gump gets this,

If striker were a blind midget in a wheel chair he would even get this.

those who still can't figure this out, are also the same people who can't corrrectly answer the business and ethics question in billy madison and the rest of us are now dummer for having to here you all shoot your load by saying it's not a sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad