OT: The Menu - Part 4: Chocolate Milk Still Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I'm not going to say it's good pizza, but Dominoes really improved their pizza from where it was a couple years ago. It's easily my favorite of the big chain pizzas...although Little Caesars will always have a special place in my heart for how much I got it in college. $5 for a pizza that tastes exactly the same the next day heated up in the microwave!

None of it is good pizza, but its cheap so its fits the budget of my friends and me (we're college students)

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
That papa John's garlic butter sauce is ****ing horrific. It looks like radiator fluid and tastes faker than a Fishtown hipster. Consider it my baked ham equivalent.

when i was a college student i delieverd for Papa Johns. It's one of the reasons why i don't pizza these days , just from constantly being around it. However I must say all the ingredients used for the Papa johns are top notch sans the meat. The meat is very suspicious but everything else is good to

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Last time I had chain pizza it was Papa John’s & it was garbage. There’s really no need to buy chain in the Philly area honestly. You can easily find decent places for $8 pies.
There were three different places on Drexel's campus in the early 2000's that had 2 large pies for $10.99 special. California Pizza, Powelton Pizza, and Ed's Pizza. It was magnificent. Not sure what they do now special-wise, or if they even exist anymore.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm not going to say it's good pizza, but Dominoes really improved their pizza from where it was a couple years ago. It's easily my favorite of the big chain pizzas...although Little Caesars will always have a special place in my heart for how much I got it in college. $5 for a pizza that tastes exactly the same the next day heated up in the microwave!
Not this again... Little Caesars is borderline inedible. Ugh.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
best chain pizza.

220px-Boston_Pizza.svg.png

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
I'll take chain pizza over family owned shops 9 times out of 10.

I'm an abomination, I know.

i agree with both comments. at least you know what you're getting with chain pizza. with those single shops, sure sometimes you can strike gold and get some great pizza, but you also have a high chance of getting something horrible.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
We always get Sams when we are in Wildwood. I'll probably end up being that jerk who just eats the cheese and topping and throws away the dough/crust when we go down for Irish Weekend tonight

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
i agree with both comments. at least you know what you're getting with chain pizza. with those single shops, sure sometimes you can strike gold and get some great pizza, but you also have a high chance of getting something horrible.
On top of that, I always get it delivered/picked-up, so I never eat it fresh at the shop. By the time I get home, the shop pizza is always soggy, while the chain pizza holds up much better.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
when i was a college student i delieverd for Papa Johns. It's one of the reasons why i don't pizza these days , just from constantly being around it. However I must say all the ingredients used for the Papa johns are top notch sans the meat. The meat is very suspicious but everything else is good to

"Suspicious meat" seems like a pretty big hurdle though

Reactions: Tripod and Jray42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad