The Menu Part 16 The Bob Clarke, HC Couturier PS5 Pre order hook up Thanksgiving edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
What? How? How. Seriously, how?

Every time my Grandparents used to take me to a restaurant it used to be the same one... a big, old, restaurant with a pub attached.

I always used to get ribs. They did an enormous platter of them. But it was super pricey and my parents would never have got me it because they were the most expensive item on the menu.

Probably had the same rack of ribs like ~40 times in the 10 years they went there.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I will never understand the reason to put what is a first course, a second course and a side dish all in the same dish. It makes me lose my appetite.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
So like, ribs, pulled pork, corn on the cob, and cornbread, on the same plate? That’s heaven right there.

this is a different thing though, it is a riot of second courses with a side dish that I personally never use (and not on meat) and that in any case has more sense than a noble slice of salmon thrown on rice in white!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Isn't three hours West of Bangkok...

Myanmar?

EDIT: I cant read but it still works the other direction. Hah.

It's a little farther than that, and looking at the map, I would guess that Cambodia is a little farther than that the other way too. I never left Thailand while I was there, and only once left Bangkok - to go to Khon Kean to get some. Too many f***ing snakes all over the place. F*** that.

Reactions: Appleyard

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
this is a different thing though, it is a riot of second courses with a side dish that I personally never use (and not on meat) and that in any case has more sense than a noble slice of salmon thrown on rice in white!

I don't care about the rest of it, but I appreciate you calling salmon "noble," which it definitely is.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I gotta be honest, I’m not sure I’m following you. Example?

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I gotta be honest, I’m not sure I’m following you. Example?

Stirring the salmon (chopping it) with rice and for example with parsley and cream makes everything creamier, enhances its flavor and dampens its flavor.
Putting it whole together with the rice after cooking it separately I find it uncomfortable to eat.
Of course if I need it I'll eat it anyway :)

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Stirring the salmon (chopping it) with rice and for example with parsley and cream makes everything creamier, enhances its flavor and dampens its flavor.
Putting it whole together with the rice after cooking it separately I find it uncomfortable to eat.
Of course if I need it I'll eat it anyway :)
You, my friend, are odd.

Reactions: Tripod

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
You, my friend, are odd.

Well it's likely but I think in the end it's a matter of traditions and habits, but it has to be said that salmon is one of those foods that needs to be enhanced. Having said that, I really ate a nice slice of it yesterday.

Reactions: Defect

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I found something for you to complain to your dad about. I buy american cheese from Murphys and i really like it -- but the damn sticker is always positioned in such a way that i have to rip it open, and in turn, rip the bag and then replace it.

Welcome to my first world summit.
Haha, I have the same damn issue when I get cheese from Whole Foods or Amazon Fresh. It's such a gigantic pain in the ass.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I think its mostly infuriating because I spend 10 minutes the first time I open it trying to be super careful and I'm always so close and then it just rips at the last moment.
Oh absolutely. It's always that last quarter inch of sticker that rips open the plastic bag.

I've gotten better at it recently by committing to purposely ripping the overhang portion of the zip-loc side of the bag while trying to protect the mid-bag-area side, which leaves the airtightness in tact. If that makes even a lick of sense.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Made pizzas with the gf last night

PXL_20201204_235202710.jpg
PXL_20201204_234608990.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad