The Menu Part 15 The Pat Falloooon / Tripod food winning edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Oh...another thing to all about saving money...don't waste it on a car. Always buy used and run the f***er into the ground.

I am into year 8 of my Sante Fe and I got it with only 42,000 km's on it(approx 26,000 miles for you good US folk). And because I have been working from home, I still only have 122,000 km's(76,000 miles) and it just passed the 2 year safety inspection without issue.

I had my last car for 12 years.

My thinking is that adding an extra 2-3 years on each vehicle means no car payment for those years and during my lifetime, means I will buy at least 1 less car...saving $20,000+ to use on other things. Like that would pay for approx 10 trips down South for me. And I say me, because the wife pays for her trips as we keep our $ separate.

And that concludes today's lesson. Can you tell I am having a slower day at work...lol.

You drive a Santa Fe loser !!!!!

What year is yours, mines a 2009 :)

I am like you , I have the SUV and the Mustang but am thinking about a new SUV (Q5) , but then the thought of having a payment and I talk myself out of it..

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Bundy , surprisingly.

Having grub with

John LeClair and Craig Bruebe.

Feels like 90s right now.

@MiamiScreamingEagles

I know they were your 2 favorites

Screenshot_20200923-144423_Twitter.jpg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You drive a Santa Fe loser !!!!!

What year is yours, mines a 2009 :)

I am like you , I have the SUV and the Mustang but am thinking about a new SUV (Q5) , but then the thought of having a payment and I talk myself out of it..
Mine is a 2009 as well.

Had it 8 years and have not had any issues with it at all...just had MVI last week. Very happy with it. The pic is from winter 2015....but notice the decal!

IMG_0074.JPG

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Mine is a 2009 as well.

Had it 8 years and have not had any issues with it at all...just had MVI last week. Very happy with it. The pic is from winter 2015....but notice the decal!

View attachment 368626
Good god that's a lot of snow. That's like five years worth of snow for Raleigh.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
@JojoTheWhale Is it common knowledge that Manco and Manco's pizza is shit or what? My sister went and grabbed a couple pies since they were the only place still open at 845 and it was a flaccid mess of undercooked crust and barely melted cheese. It was a gigantic bummer for my lubed up self.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale Is it common knowledge that Manco and Manco's pizza is shit or what? My sister went and grabbed a couple pies since they were the only place still open at 845 and it was a flaccid mess of undercooked crust and barely melted cheese. It was a gigantic bummer for my lubed up self.

It’s touristy crap and expensive, yep. Mario’s on 15th and Bay is what you want.

Piccini’s on 13th and West is fine if you prefer brick oven, but they had a visit from Guy Fieri a few years back and many things are a little off now.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
It’s touristy crap and expensive, yep. Mario’s on 15th and Bay is what you want.

Piccini’s on 13th and West is fine if you prefer brick oven, but they had a visit from Guy Fieri a few years back and many things are a little off now.
That's what I figured, but had always heard at least somewhat good things. It literally says famous crispy pizza on the box and it was the exact opposite :laugh:. Thanks JoJo.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
That's what I figured, but had always heard at least somewhat good things. It literally says famous crispy pizza on the box and it was the exact opposite :laugh:. Thanks JoJo.

There was a time it was crispy back when it was Mack and Manco. Then they bought it out and went super cheap. Even in the winter, it’s pushing $30 for a floppy two topping pie.

The owners were also indicted on tax evasion charges in the last few years.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Haven’t had them in so long that I have no useful opinion. I usually order from Mario’s or Sack O Subs. Sack is basically the same sandwiches as the White House in AC.

Ah. We ordered from there a few weeks back and I thought it was pretty good. The full size is like a 5lb cheesesteak, so its possible I was just distorted by volume and not quality

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Ah. We ordered from there a few weeks back and I thought it was pretty good. The full size is like a 5lb cheesesteak, so its possible I was just distorted by volume and not quality
I remember getting Voltacos years ago. From what I recall, it was pretty damn delicious. I remember people raving about them

Dammit, now I want a good, Italian, hoagie

Reactions: Starat327

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Damn, really? I think Primos is significantly better than Wawa. Maybe you hit a shitty location.

I just had Voltacos, it was pretty solid. Got back to the house and there was a turkey and an Italian in the fridge.
I mean Primos is definitely significantly better, no doubt.

I don't know why, but I was left disappointed. It seems like they went light on the meat.

Jealous of the Voltacos. Hopefully it made up for your shitty Manco and Manco pizza. That place is nothing but a garbage tourist spot. Preps has some pretty good boardwalk pizza.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I mean Primos is definitely significantly better, no doubt.

I don't know why, but I was left disappointed. It seems like they went light on the meat.

Jealous of the Voltacos. Hopefully it made up for your shitty Manco and Manco pizza. That place is nothing but a garbage tourist spot. Preps has some pretty good boardwalk pizza.
The Voltacos did make up for the shit pizza. Manco's was a last ditch effort by my sister for dinner last night since they were the only place still open at 830, even though a bunch of places said 9pm. All they had to do was cook it an extra few minutes and it would have at least been passable. Now I know...

Reactions: Cody Webster

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Ordered a Samsung French door fridge to match my expensive induction Stove and fridge should come in 3 weeks.

Last night making a Cauliflower and Chicken casserole. Pre heating oven and warming the cauliflower rice when all of a sudden I hear a loud pop. E-84 error, let me google if tha'ts bad, yup its bad.

$140 for a tech to come out and sounds the board is either $200 or $580, always shit happens at same time and my luck its the $580 board :(

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
We had a feed of lobster last night...grabbed 6 of them.

We each had 2 last night, then I had a lobster sammich for lunch, and then made a seafood chowder for suppper(added shrimp, scallops, clams and haddock)

God how I would love to have the access you have for seafood. Lobster tails here are insanely expensive, and unless you want one of those guys from the tank, always frozen.

I've found a place that I can get a fairly nice size whole octopus out of Morocco. Splitting with a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad