Rumor: The Magical Mystery UFA Tour (feat. Jaromir Jagr)

bb99

Apr 6, 2009
North Carolina
Like said above, if he'd come at a decent price, bring it. If Morrow is the player that approached JR about playing here and for a discounted price, I think you'd have to fit him in somehow for the season.

bluedevil58*

more like .05 PPG games. Bowman, Nash, and Dalpe will not even get 20 points and that is combined. We're screwed! Worst part is...they don't even check!

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
.5 ppg would be huge given our current options are all .25ppg guys.

Which would be fine for me at $1.5-2 million. If you are talking $3-3.5 million (assuming he's the original JR target), not interested. Would rather save the Cap room and see what's available at the deadline for the kind of cash.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Which would be fine for me at $1.5-2 million. If you are talking $3-3.5 million (assuming he's the original JR target), not interested. Would rather save the Cap room and see what's available at the deadline for the kind of cash.

True. My impression was that Hainsey has been established as the original guy.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC

IF and I repeat, IF Hainsey is the mystery man that's willing to sign $3-3.5 million and Morrow's willing to take $1.5-2 million, we can fit them in by trading Harrison's contract.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Jiri Tlusty ($1.600m) / Eric Staal ($8.250m) / Alexander Semin ($7.000m)
Jeff Skinner ($5.725m) / Jordan Staal ($6.000m) / Tuomo Ruutu ($4.750m)
Brenden Morrow ($2.000m) / Elias Lindholm ($0.867m) / Patrick Dwyer ($0.900m)
Nicolas Blanchard ($0.538m) / Riley Nash ($0.575m) / Jared Staal ($0.550m)
Kevin Westgarth ($0.725m)
DEFENSEMEN
Joni Pitkanen ($4.500m) / Justin Faulk ($0.900m)
Ron Hainsey ($3.255m) / Andrej Sekera ($2.750m)
Tim Gleason ($4.000m) / Mike Komisarek ($0.700m)
Brett Bellemore ($0.600m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cam Ward ($6.300m)
Anton Khudobin ($0.800m)
OTHER
Buyout: Derek Joslin ($0.125m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1.400% of upper limit)
Jussi Jokinen ($0.900m—0.3%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,309,500; BONUSES: $10,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $500

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Rask and Murph will make this team.

I think Murphy likely will, but would like your rationale for why you are certain Rask will? I've posted this before. Unless there is an injury (which there may be to Lindholm) or trade, I see the following:

Locks: Staal, Staal, Semin, Skinner, Ruutu, Tlusty, Dwyer.
Likely: Lindholm, Westgarth (13th forward)

So that leaves 4 spots for Rask, Dalpe, Boychuk, Bowman, Welsh, Nash, Palushaj, Blanchard, and Sutter (and whoever else they may sign...like Morrow) and most every one of those guys except Rask and Welsh will need to pass through waivers to go to Charlotte. At least 2 (maybe 3) of those spots will be on the 4th line where I don't see them slotting Rask. So unless Rask comes in and blows the doors off in training camp, I don't see how he makes this team, this year as there is likely only 1 or at most 2 top nine spots available. If he does come in and lights it up, then yes, I could see it.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
The thing with Rask (to me at least), is that of all the question marks in the bottom 6, he is the one with the biggest element of surprise to his name. He's a bit of a mystery. Not so long ago he was considered a lock to be a top 10 pick IIRC.

We have a lot of guys who offer next to no offense and who's physicality is even questionable, Rask isn't going to earn a living on physicality either, but maybe he has a spark of offense (playing with his former line mate can't hurt and might help) that'll be something our bottom 6 has been sorely lacking for a while.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 4m

Rutherford said Canes are close to signing Zac Dalpe. Confirmed Canes have talked to agent of UFA Brenden Morrow.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
Yeah, they can't be going back and forth over much more than a couple K a year.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
I'd be very disappointed if Dalpe didn't get at least a 40-50 game shot to prove himself in a top-9 role. Losing him to waivers would be horrible. He has what it takes to be a top-9 scorer and is defensively responsible.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Yeah, they can't be going back and forth over much more than a couple K a year.

I'm guessing they are going back and forth on guranteed money. I'm sure Dalpe's agent came in asking for a one-way contract he knows he's not going to get. Probably asking for 250k or something guranteed even if he winds up in the AHL all season (much like Brett Sutter and Bellemore's deals)

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
I think Rask will out perform Dwyer, Dalpe, Lindholm, Nash, Welsh, Bowman, etc... Honestly, none of those guys really have performed that well and all but Lind and maybe Dalpe have lower ceilings than rask

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
i like some of the ideas people are posting and it looks like the team is shaping up pretty nicely with several options available to them yet.

in my free time over the last few days i've been trying to edjumacate myself about a few of the remaining free agents that i have some interest in and whom i think could help the team by filling some obvious needs. there is a lot of info when you start digging but in the end you are still left with a pile of opinions and mostly speculation in which to further speculate by.

without getting into my opinions about the guys i like for now and the guys i think they should move, one thing that i feel quite comfortable with is moving j. harrison. i believe that could be done quite easily and although it's only $1.5m it's nevertheless, $1.5m! imo they simply don't need him and that money can be used or saved. unless they feel there is a need for him on the checkers or as an emergency call-up , i think it's a helpful little move for the team and for harrison himself.

edit: i suppose he could also be a part of a larger deal as well.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
that sounds like a good move for mab. i don't know his family situation but it may be nice to live in switzerland for a few years at this stage of his career. i'm not sure if crawford is coaching that team or not but if he is that's a big LOLOLOL!!! to me obviously. ;)

yep, that's the team he coaches.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
Welp.......

"@*************: #BREAKING #BreakingNews #Signing #NHL #Hurricanes on the verge of signing Ron Hainsey, still some details to get done. #NSS"

Also saying Jagr to Devils is done and Morrow to Canadiens on verge

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
checked in to it. They're not a legit source and there's a reason their name is censored on here.

not doubting the Jagr thing though considering what others are reporting, but there's absolutely nothing out there from a legit source on Morrow right now since Chip's said that we've been in talks with him.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
checked in to it. They're not a legit source and there's a reason their name is censored on here.

not doubting the Jagr thing though considering what others are reporting, but there's absolutely nothing out there from a legit source on Morrow right now since Chip's said that we've been in talks with him.

Ok thanks for the info

Then thereis this gem
"@*************: Don't be surprised to see #Sabres Cody Hodgson on the move again...contract talks at a stand still, Cody's father is the rut in talks. #NSS"

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I let out a girlish scream when I saw that we were on the verge of signing Hainsey.

Hope it's true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad