Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
lol

either way each team is going to get swept by the devils

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think he'd sweep me right now. He's got the advantage in the top six due to firepower, and he's got a better 1-6 on D than I do, and the best goaltender among ours.

Now, this is where my rookies come into play. If this poll is done, he should sweep me as the strength of my lineup is dependent on rookies - hutton/rantanen/parayko/graovac

I said my defense was average at the stage of drafting dekeyser/brodie/gunnarsson/mcnabb - because I had IMO a #1, two #3's, and a #5. But Dekeyser is a minute eater, and playing with Brodie God, I feel that he'd handle minutes against any team in the league and be good at it - even LoL knows this since he was begging for dekeyser ever since I drafted him. McNabb is the Kings #3, and he's good at it. That's where Parayko and Hutton come into place - can they elevate my D to his level? Right now if there was a playoff series, they'd struggle because they're only 15 games into their career - but who knows how they'd be in 8 months? I need a guy like Rantanen to actually get going at the NHL level this season to get up to that fire power. He's got 8 points in 6 AHL games last I checked, but Roy didn't trust him yet at the NHL level and only played him 6 minutes a game on the fourth line. Graovac started the season on the Wild's third line and got injured after a game. He's a 6'5 center though and he overtook Haula.

And then - where's Lack and Hutchison at? For me they're both 915-922% SV goalies who have only shown themselves over a 40 game stretch. I don't care what Lack's stats are through four games in Carolina behind >that D. On my team, they'd probably split starts until someone over looks the other, but I don't see any situation there in which I have the G advantage over LoL

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
4 line team with Zajac and Lindberg on the 3rd and 4th lines and capable wingers + 3 pairs of PMD

Offense is heavily tied to whether the D can get the puck out of the zone and move it up the ice. Saw the Sedins explosion with Ehrhoff and Stars with Klingberg

why I have TO and NYR ranked so high. These D are all great in their own zone too

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Looks like two series are pretty much decided, one is close-ish and one is pretty much even.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Awe... damn Holland... turned my 1st liner LWer from high value incredible utility, gritty, skilled forward into an highly scrutinized high term contract who's now not worth it in the eyes of the voters.
Couldn't he have waited another week?! :laugh:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Why the hell is my team deleted in the poll thread?
I do not see you do that to the other teams that lost.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Coyotes leading by 2 votes over Blues atm but pretty much tied

don't think that bump helped the Devils vs Wings though. 80% for NJ again soo 3-1 series lead turned into 3-0 :devdance:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
In an attempt to drag this out... Anyone have some input for some GM awards?

Who made the the most lopsided/best trade?
Best trading GM?
Best drafting GM?

Then some more team discussion...Best Team is being voted on already in the polls section obviously...
So some more specific stuff:

Assuming goalie split is 52-30 for the starter... Best goalie tandem?
Best D corps?
Best Center depth?
Best winger depth?

*MORE FOR DISCUSSION RATHER THAN AN ACTUAL VOTE

I would LOVE a list of all the trades that were made in a single list... But my gut during the draft felt like Vanilla had the best quality results. I felt like Nameless made some of the best trades involving picks, but didn't like the players he drafted with em... Lord I think had a lot of trades and a good draft-enough to likely have the best team. I loved my draft(didn't manage to pull a single trade cuz I loved my team team so much - shocker)..

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Vanilla and ahmon had the best trades imo

but my Huberdeau for Eriksson (back as 1st line winger form) + Boychuk (#1 D for isles) is up there too

but if I win it's due to drafting

168th overall (round 6): Evgeny Kuznetsov
244th overall (round 9): Artemi Panarin
310th overall (round 11): Travis Zajac
302nd overall (round 11): Francois Beauchemin
174th overall (round 6): Brandon Dubinsky

+ Lindberg in the 20th and Melker Karlsson in the 16th or so whom I traded

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
52-30 seems like a weird goalie allocation.
Splitting hairs I know but it'd make a difference to me if the backup was actually playing 30 as opposed to 20-24 ish

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Vanilla and ahmon had the best trades imo

but my Huberdeau for Eriksson (back as 1st line winger form) + Boychuk (#1 D for isles) is up there too

but if I win it's due to drafting

168th overall (round 6): Evgeny Kuznetsov
244th overall (round 9): Artemi Panarin
310th overall (round 11): Travis Zajac
302nd overall (round 11): Francois Beauchemin
174th overall (round 6): Brandon Dubinsky

+ Lindberg in the 20th and Melker Karlsson in the 16th or so whom I traded

I'm a draft purist so at this point I want St. Louis to win but if that can't happen you at least did draft very well.

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
All I did was draft lol. Made one draft pick trade in like round 14 that's it. 21 of the 23 players on my team are players I drafted from my original spot. I'm happy with my team overall. It's the best I could've done from the position I was given.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad