OT: The Lounge Thread Part LIII - The Loungedou Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
The time I tipped 30% was at Crudessence because the waitress was super nice and responded quickly and she was also super mega kawaii

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I think I'm generally a good tipper. If I go someplace and the service is great, I have no problem tipping 25%. I've given more on rare occasions.

I've given no tip exactly twice in my lifetime. The service has to be more than just bad for that. If the place I'm in is super busy and understaffed, I won't take that out on my waiter / waitress.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Most of y'all never worked a second in a restaurant and you're gonna go about and not tip. The server needs to be extra bad or rude for me not to give her 15% at least.
I've never worked in a restaurant (minus a few weeks as a bus boy in a buffet but I'm not counting that), but just working retail is enough to know that the servers are working their asses off and deal with a ton of dicks.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I've never worked in a restaurant (minus a few weeks as a bus boy in a buffet but I'm not counting that), but just working retail is enough to know that the servers are working their asses off and deal with a ton of dicks.
That last word is ban worthy man

Or do you mean Richards ? I wouldnt want to deal with Richards.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
you're getting this wrong, i've never tipped under 15%

i'm saying tipping culture sucks and give waiters an actual salary

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
you're getting this wrong, i've never tipped under 15%

i'm saying tipping culture sucks and give waiters an actual salary
Pourquoi? If there's something that sucks in the business its back of house salaries.

There's a reason why every girl or almost every girl in school are working part-time in the industry, its easy money, and a lot of money in some cases. The number of times Ive seen servers come out of a 10 hour shift with 500 in their pocket is actually crazy.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Pourquoi? If there's something that sucks in the business its back of house salaries.

There's a reason why every girl or almost every girl in school are working part-time in the industry, its easy money, and a lot of money in some cases. The number of times Ive seen servers come out of a 10 hour shift with 500 in their pocket is actually crazy.

because it shouldn't be an arbitrary meritocracy, it's dependant on too many factors

Ghyslaine who works at Barbies in the middle of nowhere but gives an amazing service will get Y money and that won't be 500 a night
Sara-Maude-Anh-Fleur who works at St-Hubert on place des spectacles is gonna make Y x 100 regardless of her service

These people kill themselves working horrible shifts serving horrible people, they should all make more guaranteed money instead

Line cooks too if you ask me

we all know who should be making less money

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
because it shouldn't be an arbitrary meritocracy, it's dependant on too many factors

Ghyslaine who works at Barbies in the middle of nowhere but gives an amazing service will get Y money and that won't be 500 a night
Sara-Maude-Anh-Fleur who works at St-Hubert on place des spectacles is gonna make Y x 100 regardless of her service

These people kill themselves working horrible shifts serving horrible people, they should all make more guaranteed money instead

Line cooks too if you ask me

we all know who should be making less money

If youre hinting at small business owners I can't agree, theres not nearly the amount of money to be made in there.

The same could be said of any sales job, no? There's a shit load of money to be made in there too, but if youre bad at your job, you ain't making money. At the same time, what's stopping Ghylsaine from going to work in another spot where there's more money? Also, I highly doubt there'd be a Barbies that doesn't have good revenues, as those just close down if it happens. But I know you meant a lame-ass restaurant or what ever.

Isn't every job performance based ? Shouldn't they all be ? (Aside for Gm/Coach/President of the Habs, this isnt performance based, its paid on belle-parole/h)

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
If youre hinting at small business owners I can't agree, theres not nearly the amount of money to be made in there.

The same could be said of any sales job, no? There's a **** load of money to be made in there too, but if youre bad at your job, you ain't making money. At the same time, what's stopping Ghylsaine from going to work in another spot where there's more money? Also, I highly doubt there'd be a Barbies that doesn't have good revenues, as those just close down if it happens. But I know you meant a lame-ass restaurant or what ever.

Isn't every job performance based ? Shouldn't they all be ? (Aside for Gm/Coach/President of the Habs, this isnt performance based, its paid on belle-parole/h)

idk I think we're gonna disagree on the definition of performance

performance is subjective AND dangerous, a sweat shop manager is hella performant since employees make no money and the margins are through the roof, that's why we have employee protections and stuff. I don't think putting all the pressure on $10 an hour waiters to suck money out of clients pocket is very good when the manager behind them is making 10x more money than them, and his performance is actually just based on their hard work

what i'm saying is eat the rich, comrade

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
idk I think we're gonna disagree on the definition of performance

performance is subjective AND dangerous, a sweat shop manager is hella performant since employees make no money and the margins are through the roof, that's why we have employee protections and stuff. I don't think putting all the pressure on $10 an hour waiters to suck money out of clients pocket is very good when the manager behind them is making 10x more money than them, and his performance is actually just based on their hard work

what i'm saying is eat the rich, comrade
LOL, no manager is making 10X more money than a sever. The margin of profit of owning a restaurant is actually really, really low and you need to either underpay severly to actually make money, make ridiculous profit on your sales or eat up a lot of salary by logging in ridiculous hours. My parents own three food related business, why do you think Im trying to move out of it if the money is so easy ? I literally saw my parents one day a week for all of my childhood, this is kinda insulting.

I used to be a commie too, but now that I think of it, I dont think I am anymore. Theres too much disparity in work ethic (and ability, but thats another debate on eugenics) for me to want to actually share with people.

Youre not killing the rich, youre just making the gap bigger and bigger by making more people poor. Same idea behind the 15$/h wage.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
LOL, no manager is making 10X more money than a sever. The margin of profit of owning a restaurant is actually really, really low and you need to either underpay severly to actually make money, make ridiculous profit on your sales or eat up a lot of salary by logging in ridiculous hours. My parents own three food related business, why do you think Im trying to move out of it if the money is so easy ? I literally saw my parents one day a week for all of my childhood, this is kinda insulting.

I used to be a commie too, but now that I think of it, I dont think I am anymore. Theres too much disparity in work ethic (and ability, but thats another debate on eugenics) for me to want to actually share with people.

Youre not killing the rich, youre just making the gap bigger and bigger by making more people poor. Same idea behind the 15$/h wage.

I don't think we're allowed to continue this discussion, but I agree that JUST raising the wage to 15$/h does that, and just raising everyone/prices in the food industry won't work it needs to happen alongside changing like...everything?

sorry if I insulted you I love you bud

but also you're mister green here, you should know better than anyone else that earth most likely cannot be saved under capitalism

pls don't delete we're done calm down tric

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
When I was in NYC earlier this year I went to a tea place where there was no tipping and I thought that was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad