OT: The Lounge Thread Part LII - Area 51 Preparation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Lol that sux man
Timing is incredibly awkward as I just asked for a big raise friday and one of my points was I don't want to be paid à l'heure anymore cuz I lost money when my son broke his arm earlier this year and I had to stay with him not earning anything.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Scammers keep scamming people because it works. They play with people's emotions to get what they want... They know that there are people out there who are nice, naive, gullible and they exploit that.

I'm sorry that it happened to you.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sh** story incoming, I need to vent out so bad and I don't have enough walls to punch. So HF it is. I don't wanna talk about it on social media and don't want people to laugh at me 'cause I was so dumb. So...

I feel extremely bad, annoyed and so fu***** p*****d right now.

I was driving home and as I got out of the highway, there was a car on the side of the road looking for help. I did not quite grasp what help they were looking for.. but they were looking for some money. I had none with me and I felt bad but still wanted to help. There was full of **** gold stuff on him. The guy told me his **** story about everything and I truly wanted to help him out. So I took his stuff and went to get some money then gave it to him. He gave me "his" phone numbers and told me his story about how he was a marketing/seller guy for Europe/Dubai and that he had to find a way to get to Vancouver but he lost his wallet and couldn't get money from the banks because stuff and stuff. I listened to that and I fuc**** believed it. I don't fall for that type of stuff. But I did today. I feel really bad and I lost an even worse amount of money. Don't ask me how much. I already lied 3 times about it and I still want to punch something.

Basically, now I own a fake gold rolex, 2 fake gold rings and 2 fake gold chains worth less than 100$ (well maybe the watch is worth a bit more but clearly not the real value of a gold rolex). I clearly gave much more.

God. I'm p****** and so ************ dumb. I don't think I know enough curse words to say out loud.

Calling the police? Yeah they can't do fuc***** anything because I willingly gave that money.

I don't want to post this actually. But god. Please tell me how dumb I am. I still can't believe I trusted him. I knew I'd get fooled. I knew I was fooled back on the road.
But why

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I remember one time there was a guy between the Berri station and the Orleans bus station. He supposedly lost his luggage in a transfer from I don't remember to the states for cancer treatment. All his medication was in the luggage and he needed some money for replacements overnight until he can get his luggage back. He had a big lumpy bulge on his stomach (like head sized). I felt generous and gave him some money.

Funny thing he was there with the same story when I passed by again 3 weeks later.

I mean you should know with where this was (that place is/was a drug addict hotspot), but I guess the big weird lump got me for a second.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

I didn't know. I still don't know what I was thinking. Everything was pointing it up to me as a scam. I knew it already but still give it away.

Like TDG said, he probably found my weak spot and used it to an extreme limit. I was feeling happy overall and probably too generous. Ironically, if I didn't stop to have lunch on my way, I would have never seen him.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I remember one time there was a guy between the Berri station and the Orleans bus station. He supposedly lost his luggage in a transfer from I don't remember to the states for cancer treatment. All his medication was in the luggage and he needed some money for replacements overnight until he can get his luggage back. He had a big lumpy bulge on his stomach (like head sized). I felt generous and gave him some money.

Funny thing he was there with the same story when I passed by again 3 weeks later.

I mean you should know with where this was (that place is/was a drug addict hotspot), but I guess the big weird lump got me for a second.

That's also the thing. The guy was in middle of nowhere.

Anyhow. Another story.

Back when I was studying at UdeM, there was a guy in the metro that came up to me. His uncle was working for Desjardins and he told me there was a flaw in the system (lol). I can't remember exactly the amount but let's say we withdraw 999.99$, somehow it would spark the flaw. If I gave it back to him, he could send me back the money and I could withdraw more or something. It felt so sketchy and I was broke anyway.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal

Omg dude. I know the guy you’re talking about. I think 6-7 years ago while walking out of Bonaventure station, he told me a whole story and showed me his stomach bulge. I didn’t end up giving him money as I had no cash on me and wasn’t willing to give him any. The weird lump almost got me too, but when he kept saying how he can come with me to the atm and kept harassing me, I knew there was something off.

I saw the guy again a few years later at McGill station talking to a couple. Oh man...

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
a1fb852806.png

8ba0ee3f10.png

f19d5d4398.png

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

Yeah, that guy's a lying sac of shit about his "tumour" or whatever. People post about getting scammed by him every few months on /r/montreal...

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
tbh, stuff like that is why i'm a **** and lie about never carrying money on me and not having time

i know some people legitimately ask you for money for good reasons, but i just don't want to be scammed like this or have that money used in drugs

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I dont get it. Why would you give your hard earned money to anyone?

I'm still asking me that today and I probably will ever do. I would never ever do that but I did for some reason.. I wasn't myself. Like hypnotised, drunk, high... it's getting me depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad