OT: The Lounge Thread Part LII - Area 51 Preparation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I remember one time there was a guy between the Berri station and the Orleans bus station. He supposedly lost his luggage in a transfer from I don't remember to the states for cancer treatment. All his medication was in the luggage and he needed some money for replacements overnight until he can get his luggage back. He had a big lumpy bulge on his stomach (like head sized). I felt generous and gave him some money.

Funny thing he was there with the same story when I passed by again 3 weeks later.

I mean you should know with where this was (that place is/was a drug addict hotspot), but I guess the big weird lump got me for a second.
Oh man, everytime I came back to Montreal from Quebec, or went to Quebec from Montreal, I had to pass by this hallway of hell. There's always one or two guys in the escalator part, and one time, as I was going down with my luggage, I saw the guy start climbing the stairs and try to force me to get help from him by handing him one of my bag. Yeah, no. You're not putting your dirty hands on my luggage only to force me to give you money by holding onto it when we're down. I hate that place.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
my pet peeve is the squeegee trend of just cleaning your window and asking for money after

even if I have money i'm not doing this pressure thing f*** you, ask me nicely instead and i'll give you some

Reactions: overlords

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
my pet peeve is the squeegee trend of just cleaning your window and asking for money after

even if I have money i'm not doing this pressure thing **** you, ask me nicely instead and i'll give you some
Une fois jai partie les wipers pi la y voulat sbattre

Reactions: TRG

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
jviens de voir la card de summerslam passer

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Everytime I think they hit the bottom of the barrel, they punch right through it into a deeper barrel

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
So I realize with how often I bash the Habs management/ownership that this makes me a huge hypocrite but my name just came up on the season tickets waiting list and I am heavily debating taking the plunge... Can't afford it really but will see about trying to sell most of them to make as much of it back as I can. The seats can upgrade each year so it's more about getting my "in" while the team still sucks but has potential.

Good/Bad idea?

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Eeeh, it really depends on how much you value your time and how often you're looking to go to games? The team seems to be on the upswing, but what if they have a losing season? Do you think you'd be able to make back enough money to make things worthwhile? I feel like it's a big commitment, especially if you can't afford it.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
True, though realistically I would only need to sell half to make it digestible. It is really because I would lose my spot on the list if I say no, it may be years before I get another crack at it.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
True, though realistically I would only need to sell half to make it digestible. It is really because I would lose my spot on the list if I say no, it may be years before I get another crack at it.

are they digital? if they are i'd say go for it then, that's suuuper easy to sell online

physical that's a huge pain in the ass you gotta meet the guys and uggh

Reactions: Aspirine

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
So I realize with how often I bash the Habs management/ownership that this makes me a huge hypocrite but my name just came up on the season tickets waiting list and I am heavily debating taking the plunge... Can't afford it really but will see about trying to sell most of them to make as much of it back as I can. The seats can upgrade each year so it's more about getting my "in" while the team still sucks but has potential.

Good/Bad idea?
Good idea, my guy. It'll be a historic season, I can feel it my kunalinai.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
How many before you break even?

I guess if I sell the Toronto and Boston games and maybe the Pens/Caps/Oilers for star power, or Devils and Rangers may be in demand too. Right now on Stub Hub they are listed for about $150-200 each ticket for those kinds of games. You sell those and you make most of the money back. Need to factor in what I'd normally spend on tickets in a season too.

In my experience buying tickets, if I sell 20 games at $95/ticket (just a bit over cost and realistic if they are decent games), pluses both Boston and Toronto at double those prices (borderline conservative for Toronto), I would end up 2k in the hole. I can absorb that pretty easily. Plus it's what I would spend overall in a season for way more games.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
are they digital? if they are i'd say go for it then, that's suuuper easy to sell online

physical that's a huge pain in the ass you gotta meet the guys and uggh

Yeah I believe I can get them digital. I have sold many tickets on stubhub and it's super easy with digital I agree.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Price will win the Vezina
Mete will win the Norris
Gallagher will win the Richard
Kotka will win the Selke
Weber will win the Messier
This guy gets it.

Drouin wins something too in there. I got Drouin with the Hart over all those though. Gotta make it as funny as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad