Injury Report: The lottery thread of misery and doom! 2023 edition

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Today is the day in which we in Wings fandom commiserate about losing draft position and lament for a win that was never coming our way to begin with.

Guide to the NHL Lottery - The Hockey Writers

2023 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon

Probability combination calculator

I've linked a probability calculator for people here to get a look at what truly impossible odds some winning combinations are.

What are the winning lottery combinations you dread the most? Which teams do you not want to win the lottery under ANY circumstances?

Reactions: Ratatoskr

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I've done 100 draftpro lotteries. Well, 50 at least.
And I haven't won this year.
I took 2nd once.
I view this as a good omen - so I won't do another.
If you're gonna be superstitious, be superstitious about lotteries.

f***ing Blues have won it at least 5 times on that draftpro lottery.

Reactions: wingerdinger

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I used to be so nervous before and during these things

at this point i'm just so used to dropping spots that I kind of just take it for granted

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
This thread literally just opened and I hate it already. Just...looming...judging

I'm not a fan of the lotto either. The fact that teams 11 to 16 can move up 10 spots is ridiculous to me. And it's even more ridiculous that teams in the 11 to 15 range have moved up to win 1st and 2nd overall picks in so many recent drafts.

I've done 100 draftpro lotteries. Well, 50 at least.
And I haven't won this year.
I took 2nd once.
I view this as a good omen - so I won't do another.
If you're gonna be superstitious, be superstitious about lotteries.

f***ing Blues have won it at least 5 times on that draftpro lottery.

If you want to have some real fun, take any of the wins and calculate the probability of that specific combination happening. It'll show why the lottery as it is now needs to die a swift death.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
The teams that lose the most today are probably Anaheim and Columbus.
For us, there's only a slight chance for moving down a slot or two, from 9 to 10. Hardly matters.
The fall from 1 to 3 or 2-4 is a bigger loss.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
I want this more than anything I've ever wanted, just to shut down the tank turd squad forever. I would trade the 97 cup to win this lottery. God, this forum would feel as close to nirvana as one could possibly imagine.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
to be fair the Wings do have a 10% chance of picking top 2 and this is the 7th year in a row of similar(higher actually) odds of that

it's kinda like hitting that tankathon button over and over in a way

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I never watched the Wings last game of the season. It's still on my DVR. I understand they were shut out. I understand Ed didn't play. I understand Point got to 50 goals after I dropped him in favor of Trevor Zegras in fantasy before this season started :cry:

And yet, I think I'd prefer watching that game instead of the lottery tonight.

Is there someone else? Someone with a more star like name? That's my prospect analysis.
Quentin Musty?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I never watched the Wings last game of the season. It's still on my DVR. I understand they were shut out. I understand Ed didn't play. I understand Point got to 50 goals after I dropped him in favor of Trevor Zegras in fantasy before this season started :cry:

And yet, I think I'd prefer watching that game instead of the lottery tonight.

Quentin Musty?
Yes.

Quentin Musty. When is he supposed to go? Because I want him.

Also… yes to this website

Reactions: ricky0034

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad