My list:
Arvidsson
Johansen
Smith
Turris
Granlund
Rinne
Saros

Stock Pile Prospects and Picks. Play Trenin, Tolvanen , Pitlick , Ingram, Groesnick etc . Tank Hard. Get a quality top 3 pick and begin the rebuild with elite offensive talent for the first time in franchise history .

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Full rebuild for a roster where the core pieces are in, or just hitting, their prime? Not sure about anyone else but I'd like to defer the "waiting for the magic beans to carry us to the promised land" phase to hold off for as long as possible.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I mean, I'm all for kicking the tires on Granlund and Smith's expiring deals. But holy shit. No need to completely torch the roster.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Even with the horrible November to date, this team is playing .500 hockey. The trend line is going in the wrong direction over the past three weeks but declaring the season as "lost" and advocating for a firesale is preposterous.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Said it elsewhere but I'll say it here - f*** tanking. f*** it. f*** hoping for it, f*** wishing for it, f*** advocacy of it, f*** actions in support of it. It is unredeemable evil. It is the worst thing one could ever possibly do and the greatest of folly. It destroys rather than renews. The pursuit of same has been the death and doom of teams time and time and time again, and yet there's still folks who will foolishly push for it because they can't tell the difference between correlation and causation and have no grasp of probability when "SHINY SHINY I WANT" exists in some form somewhere and they're desperate.

I hate it. I hate everything about it. I hate even the mere mention of it. But most of all, I hate any attempt to distract and/or misdirect folks away from the core axiomatic truth that it is at absolute best completely worthless - and is more commonly the means by which teams plunge screaming into the abyss for generations at a time.

I don't care how bad the season looks, nothing is worth that bull****. I would sooner consider and/or welcome another Balsillie purchase offer.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
We should fire Lavy + McCarthy and see how it plays out. If we're still trying to gain traction on teams by the deadline we should look at trading one of Smith/Granlund. Despite this god awful month our window is still open and we've got a ton of good players in their prime.

We shouldn't look this bad, but there is no reason to move Johansen and Arvidsson without getting someone similar back.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
yikes.gif

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Fire Lavi

Who would you trade/sack

My list:
Arvidsson
Johansen
Smith
Turris
Granlund
Rinne
Saros

Stock Pile Prospects and Picks. Play Trenin, Tolvanen , Pitlick , Ingram, Groesnick etc . Tank Hard. Get a quality top 3 pick and begin the rebuild with elite offensive talent for the first time in franchise history .
I agree with the first 2 words of this post and then it went downhill fast from there

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If this season turns into a surprising 'draft Seth Jones' season, it is honestly no biggie. This is being touted as a generational draft. Chatting with multiple sources, there will be guys drafted in the 20's who would have been drafted top 5 a year ago. Preds have their #1, NJ's #2 (who sucks), Preds #2, MN's #3 (who sucks), and the Pred's #3.

Since this will be such a deep draft, NO ONE will be trading their picks. There is a saying that 'This #2 is almost as good as a 1st!' With the talent curve, this might be true. Ottawa will get a ton of top players in this draft. So will Nashville.

Good season or no, the Preds should make out. Yes, if the Preds tap out at the trade deadine, move guys you don't want, prepare for the next season, prepare for the expansion draft, try and have fun with a bad season.

Let me add to this. Poile might have 'future proofed' this team with # of picks and how high. 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds. I expect the trading order like this:

High end prospects the might go from an A to a B with a new influx of talent.

Very low picks 3rd round to 7th

Current players.

Preds are 5 pts back from a playoff spot with 3 games in hand and 60+ games to figure it out
The team is not eliminated. R-E-L-A-X!!

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
FFS you have to look all the way back to... wait for it.... LAST SEASON... to find a team that sucked for half the season and then found success. I want Poile to shake this team up either with a coaching change or trade but anyone acting like this season is beyond redemption is being ridiculous

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Like Viqsi said, no to tanking. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever purposely tank. That's how you end up becoming Edmonton and Buffalo.

Fire the coaches, make multiple trades and if those moves don't work, okay... but don't tank. It just builds the wrong culture and it's much, much, much more difficult to shake that culture than it is to create it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
At most you fire the coach and then ride it out and see what happens. If it's still not looking good at the trade deadline then you move guys like Smith and Granlund who are on expiring contracts for future assets and roll with it. The team may not be playing well, but blowing this thing up would be silly. You might try and make some moves to get a bit younger, maybe dump some salary in the form of Turris, but if you even remotely mentioned blowing it up to David Poile he would probably hand you his one good eye and tell you that you need it more than he does.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
All I'm saying is eventually, we will need to. Sports is cyclical. The only reason the Avs were good in the mid 90s to early 2000s was because the Nordiques sucked for so long.

The only reason the Pens didn't get moved to Hamilton is because they sucked and got Geno and Crosby and Fleury and Letang.

It's going to happen. It may not be now, but at some point you have to pay the piper. My point is if the team doesn't improve this season, maybe it isn't a complete wreck because we can start that process thanks to some of the contracts we have. Smith, Granlund, Turris and Bonino would all be good trade bait.

I want this team to turn around, but I'm also realistic in that we are one of the oldest teams in the league. If this core group can't get it done, which I have low confidence in, at some point you gotta cut your losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad