The Line-Up Thread: Scot Beckenbaugh Appreciation Edition

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
When I try to remember Green play defense, I just picture every game we play against the Caps when he is playing and not hurt. I would classify is defense as below average.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris

RT @NHLFlyers: MORE: #Flyers have recalled forward Scott Laughton from the Oshawa Generals of the OHL. #FlyersTrainingCamp

we all knew it was coming but now it's official. doubt he sticks. even if he's ready to hold down the job i don't they'd burn a yr of his ELC for this season unless he just blows everyone away.

edit:
Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers

#Flyers fans, Scott Laughton will wear No. 21 during #FlyersTrainingCamp.

in case anyone was wondering

Last edited:

G Money

Oct 15, 2011
Sudbury
What do you guys think about Hartnell Giroux Schenn ?

Schenn said he is gunning for that spot on that line.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What do you guys think about Hartnell Giroux Schenn ?

Schenn said he is gunning for that spot on that line.

Probably a better option than Jake and better for his development. Jake is a pass first (and second) guy like Giroux and I just don't think they compliment each other too well.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So... lineup change or continue with same lines?

Schenn looked terrible throughout the game, and Couturier had no chemistry with his teammates (Voracek was easily the best player on that line. Talbot looked over his head)

Looking forward to Briere coming back. Can put Talbot on the 4th line, and either sit Wellwood or Rinaldo....

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Laughton-Briere
Read-Couturier-Simmonds

Completely change around, but throwing **** at a wall. Also keeping the lines together after one game to get chemistry could work out also, BUT this is the lineup thread so changing things is what I'll do ;)

On defense I'd keep everything the same except when Gustafsson is healthy, make him replace Foster.

2nd PP with Briere and Gustafsson in the lineup:

Read-Couturier-Briere
Gustafsson-Meszaros

Last edited:

Evergreen

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Briere - Simmonds
Fedotenko - Couturier - Read
Wellwood - Talbot - Rinaldo

That's what I want to see once Briere gets back. I thought Read and Voracek were better than most today. Voracek was the only bright spot on Couturier's line. Read was also looking fast out there. I thought Brayden looked lost on the top line. He had no shots on goal, while Voracek had 6 (granted some were on the PP).

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Briere - Simmonds

That's what I want to see once Briere gets back. I thought Read and Voracek were better than most today. Voracek was the only bright spot on Couturier's line. Read was also looking fast out there. I thought Brayden looked lost on the top line. He had no shots on goal, while Voracek had 6 (granted some were on the PP).

Rusty didn't look too good. I'd honestly rather have Talbot on the 3rd then Rusty. I'd just keep Laughton up in that case though.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I would like to try either Voracek or Briere with Giroux. Maybe something like one of these two.

Hartnell-Giroux-Briere
Simmonds-Schenn-Voracek
Wellwood-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo/Fedotenko

or

Harntell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Briere
Read-Laughton-Simmonds
Wellwood-Talbot-Rinaldo/Fedotenko

Edit: I think trying to bring back the Harntell,Briere chemistry could be a good thing. Also maybe Giroux and Briere developed some chemistry while playing in Berlin

Last edited:

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Really didn't like our lines today.

I'd like to see :

Hartnell - Giroux - Briere
Simmonds - Schenn - Voracek
or
Wellwood/Rinaldo - Laughton - Talbot

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
After this afternoon, Simmonds deserves to be slotted with G and Hartnell

Hartnell Giroux Simmonds
Schenn Briere/Laughton Voracek
Wellwood Couturier Read
Talbot Fedotenko Rinaldo

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Talbot and Feds have been terrible. They should not be near the top 9 once Briere is back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad