GDT: THE LIGHTHOUSE Devils @ Kraken 1030pm ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

It’s a great read. Linked you to the page where the chaos began! Enjoy ;)

Seemed more like people were pissed at passing on Wright than shitting on Nemec, which is natural (other than a few usual suspects who just love shitting on everything the team does). Some who wanted Jiricek, which I just don't get. I'm not high on Jiricek.

oh also for the record: GDT: - 2022 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - July 7th - 7 P.M / Round 2-7 - July 8th - 11 A.M :)

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
The 2022 Draft thread will always be such hilarious Devils HFBoards lore to me. I was surprised by the pick, but Nemec was always a legit prospect.

Many, and I mean many were acting as if it was a wasted and horrible pick right from the jump. His development has gone super well.
I have not been on in months. Just wanted to check in and see what posters were saying about Nemec He really should not have been a surprise pick. Fitz used to always make the comment that right shot DMen "did not grow on trees". Also the Devils have a big analytics group and Nemec was high with the Bader types.

I looked back on our poll. Surprised to see Jiricek with more votes than Nemec. Poll was done assuming Wright would go first.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I have not been on in months. Just wanted to check in and see what posters were saying about Nemec He really should not have been a surprise pick. Fitz used to always make the comment that right shot DMen "did not grow on trees". Also the Devils have a big analytics group and Nemec was high with the Bader types.

I looked back on our poll. Surprised to see Jiricek with more votes than Nemec. Poll was done assuming Wright would go first.

I was surprised because I thought it was gunna be Gauthier or Jiricek. Did not think Fitz would actually you know...get a good player lol. All those people saying it was a need pick...not sure what they're looking at. Gauthier or Jiricek would've been a need pick. I'm fairly sure I said the exact same thing in that thread, but I'm too lazy to look.

I'm also laughing at glen's reaction. Pretty sure he was just as angry at picking Nico over Patrick too. :laugh:

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
How is Slovakia league? He was very good there and really dominated the playoffs.

Probably worse than the ECHL. The league leader in goals last season was a decent undrafted WHL junior player. Branislav Mezei was Nemec's teammate there - Mezei was drafted in 1999 and is still playing in the Slovak league - he just turned 43.

Reactions: My3Sons

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Probably worse than the ECHL. The league leader in goals last season was a decent undrafted WHL junior player. Branislav Mezei was Nemec's teammate there - Mezei was drafted in 1999 and is still playing in the Slovak league - he just turned 43.

I see...so not really indicative of anything then.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
By the way, I hated the Nemec pick the second it was made, but I think I went 180 within just a few minutes.

I’m not saying he’ll definitely be the best player from that draft, but I am getting the feeling he’ll be better than Slafkovsky and Wright. That could change, but I think he’s already better than them. Different positions, yes, but I don’t remember them ever looking this good.

That said, maybe he wouldn’t have looked good had he played in the NHL straight out of the draft like those two did.
I hated the Nemec pick as well

The thought of Hughes, hischier and wright down the middle was to big in my mind. I got over it quickly tho and glad we took Nemec

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Again, I think Nemec has seen the last of the AHL.

It’s probably not how they drew it up, but at least in this case we don’t have to go into next year with yet another young rookie who we don’t know much about as one our D.

Don’t get me wrong, Luke has been great, but that was also something I remember being a question mark coming into the season. How we’ll be easing in a new, young rookie D in Luke. And he’s delivered.

But it doesn’t look like we’ll be going into next season worried about how Nemec will look, as it appears he’s probably here for the rest of this season.
Given how much Nemec played in the first two I would guess the coaching staff wanted him up but it was an organizational decision to send him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad