GDT: The Let's Become Buyers Game...TB vs CBJ...7 P.M. 4/8/21

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Sorry. As someone who has gone to bat for Laine many times there is no excuse anymore. Score a goddamn goal or something. This isn’t a coaching thing. Putting this squarely at the foot of Torts is ridiculous. Is torts involved in the teams struggles and his struggles? Absolutely. Absolving Laine of his own issues is a joke. It’s f***ing ridiculous. 20+ games without a goal? And this is Torts’ fault? Are you kidding me? He’s played with everyone on the roster. He’s gotten his share of minutes. And he’s not changing his game at all to try to turn things around.

I’m not saying trade him or get rid of him or whatever. But it’s time to f***ing do something. Be the player YOU want to be. I know for damn sure this isn’t what he or the team had in mind. Do something about it.

The way I see it, I put the blame 75% on Laine's effort/apathy, 20% zero supporting cast, 5% The system of dump/chase/flip the puck out/create turnovers with speed (of which Laine has 0).

Reactions: Jan

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah after seeing the initial replay I couldn’t believe that it wasn’t even reviewed.

Malhotra’s non goal vs Dallas continues to haunt me forever when shit like this happens.

if you wanted a refresher ;)

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Not that I really care or it matters but I can’t help but think 2 of Tampa’s goals shouldn’t have counted.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
They didn't play terribly, but a combination of poor goaltending and defensive zone coverage did them in. Also, the Jackets could have had 7 or 8 goals tonight with better finishers. Tampa was pretty bad in their own zone.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Turned off the game and turned on the Crew after Korpi three goal disaster
Might we have won if Elvis started? Just asking

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Not that it really matters since the game was over but Laine didn’t “celebrate” with Domi after he scored. He went off the ice.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
IMHO what's happen attack, lines are quite good. But defense... .
Not that it really matters since the game was over but Laine didn’t “celebrate” with Domi after he scored. He went off the ice.
It isn't nice from him even if he would angry for loss. Btw I have a feel Domi and Bjorkstrand ignored him sometimes.

Laine will be making $7.5 million next season.

That is criminal.
He's still young. We'll see how in the next games. But I'm pessimist.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Can’t say our captain isn’t putting in the effort until he’s (presumably) traded... on the ice tonight at even strength: 10 shots for just 5 shots against. easily by far the best on the team with those advanced stats.

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
I still like this roster. Obviously some tweaks are needed but with a coach that is a better fit for the personnel next season I like our chances of making the playoffs.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I still like this roster. Obviously some tweaks are needed but with a coach that is a better fit for the personnel next season I like our chances of making the playoffs.

I still believe this roster is pretty good. We all know our issues are at center (mostly) and that’s a tough hill to get over. However I’m now getting concerned about our goaltending. Both guys are way too inconsistent and neither one inspires confidence to take the job.

im not saying we’re a cup contender or anything but if you put two good centers on this team I think we’re a bubble team again.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Not that it matters nor is it a surprise but torts did just confirm we’re selling

Reactions: I3LI3

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
I still believe this roster is pretty good. We all know our issues are at center (mostly) and that’s a tough hill to get over. However I’m now getting concerned about our goaltending. Both guys are way too inconsistent and neither one inspires confidence to take the job.

im not saying we’re a cup contender or anything but if you put two good centers on this team I think we’re a bubble team again.

Not concerned at all about the goaltending. Elvis is at a .916 save %, league average is .909. It was odd man rush galore tonight against one of the league's best teams. They are a fine tandem and I trust Legace and company to have whoever the backup is next season ready to go.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Not concerned at all about the goaltending. Elvis is at a .916 save %, league average is .909. It was odd man rush galore tonight against one of the league's best teams. They are a fine tandem and I trust Legace and company to have whoever the backup is next season ready to go.

Fair. I just wish one of them would put a stamp on the job like Bob did from Mason in the lockout year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad