GDT: The Let's Become Buyers Game...TB vs CBJ...7 P.M. 4/8/21

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Bolts offense has dried up...Jackets lineup starting to resemble last year's scrub team...so lets put an end to all that sellers talk and become buyers...:sarcasm:...has there ever been a sarcasm emoji in the start of a GDT?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If you see at least three guys (with 2 dmen) come off the taxi squad/recalled then I think that’ll be writing on the wall that Foligno savard and MDZ will be healthy scratches

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
If you see at least three guys (with 2 dmen) come off the taxi squad/recalled then I think that’ll be writing on the wall that Foligno savard and MDZ will be healthy scratches
I was surprised ("angry" really) they weren't healthy scratches last game after Nash went down.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I was surprised ("angry" really) they weren't healthy scratches last game after Nash went down.

I'll be amazed if there are any healthy scratches of those guys. Maybe MDZ but I think deep down Jarmo still thinks the Jackets can make it. And maybe Foligno says no thanks.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I'll be amazed if there are any healthy scratches of those guys. Maybe MDZ but I think deep down Jarmo still thinks the Jackets can make it. And maybe Foligno says no thanks.

I think @ViD is onto something with his "be sellers at the deadline and make it anyway" plan.

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
TB is CBJ's favorite opponent. On average, they score more than 3 goals, concede a bit more than 2, and are 3-1-1. So nothing happening against this team can be regarded as representative of CBJ's quality. ;)

However, we found back sniper Laine last game, we knew he could score goals (didn't we?), but not that he could break teammate bones to. ;). Boone is out, Nash is out (maybe Foligno and Savard will be soon out to?), and Laine's finger trick might become a gift to CBJ, as Torts has to deal without 2 grinders veterans, and share their minutes to more skilled mates. Might be tough in terms of face-off, as the other Cs are really worse, but I still hope that we'll be able to see more plays without them. And it frees a PP position too.

In a way whatever happens is positive. If CBJ keeps loosing, we might get talent through the draft. If they start winning, it will be fun to watch them perform.

And obviously, get well soon #38

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Grigorenko should enjoy the rest of the season. I doubt he'll play in the NHL again after this season ends.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Grigorenko should enjoy the rest of the season. I doubt he'll play in the NHL again after this season ends.
Meh he has a few more years as a journeyman depth forward if he wants to stay in NA. Just up to him if he wants to do that or get TOI back home

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Incredibly stupid to have Savard and Foligno (and MDZ) in the lineup, but considering it's the CBJ, I'm not surprised.
Should we be surprised ? This is the same GM that has sit by and watch this team massively underachieve due to its head coach . I used to have a respect for Jarmo , due to the returns he has had with trades , but in reality he sits tight way to long , whether it’s keeping a lame duck coach he has no intention of keeping , because he’s had past success. Or , Knowing this team has needed to upgrade its center depth for the past 5 yrs , and here we are having Texier , Roslovic trying to learn on the job .

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Incredibly stupid to have Savard and Foligno (and MDZ) in the lineup, but considering it's the CBJ, I'm not surprised.
Agree. To not trade some of our guys for assets, it’s the equivalent of being buyers. And it hardly seems we should be buyers.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Why do we keep scratching Kevin Stenlund, the guy who is 2nd in both xG% and points/60? Find out if you have centers beyond the "not really centers according to the coach" in Domi & Texier! This team is so freaking dumb.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
Stenlund must have gone from the doghouse to the outhouse. :shakehead
Having said that, does he really have enough skills to play at the NHL level consistantly ?
He has some finishing skills, but it's not flamboyant either
And he does lack several things : speed, vision/hockey IQ, not really physical etc.
I do like the guy, but... :huh:

BTW I'm looking forward to see Kole Sherwood a bit in the next games

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad