Pre-Game Talk: The Lehner returns, thurs 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'm still finishing this game on PVR. Using headphones so I can hear that there is this really devoted single fan constantly yelling "LET'S GO BUFFALO" throughout the game. It's like one guy.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This isn't making much sense to me. Guys like Pageau and Hoffman are objectively good players while Smith hasn't done zilch. I guess you could apply your argument to guys like Ryan and Brassard who are both inconsistent(Ryan especially), but whether a player is good or bad isn't subjective in general. Putting Karlsson in this conversation shows how ridiculous your argument is.
You think Karlsson has had a good yr? Maybe it's because he has had so many better seasons that I expected more from him this yr but this board, you included has mentioned this dozens of times this yr.

On Smith, there are things that he does that coaches love but clearly some fans don't appreciate. He is strong in the faceoff circle which normally takes young players a few yrs to get good at. He is known for being very good defensively which is why GB has him out there against other team's best line. He has basically taken over Pageau's defensive role on the 3rd line since Pageau is now the defacto 2nd line centre. Smith has good size & plays with an edge that a lot teams covet & want going into the playoffs.

Having said that though, next yr IMO would be the best time to move him to allow White to take over his role, he seems like he would make a good defensive centre with a little more offence.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This might be the cheapest penalty I've seen this season. There was nothing there to call!

EDIT: Nevermind. Definite slash by Hoff. :D

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Ristolainen is great. Always yapping. Such a shithead, I love it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO White can bring what Smith brings now and more.. Smith doesn't play physical any more.. White is a better player.
They obviously disagree with you or they would have traded Smith & inserted White to take his place. They have brought up JOB to play 4th line centre rather than White. I think he has great potential but who knows if he is ready to take over all of the responsibilities of a defensive line centre in the NHL right now. Maybe he is but why isn't he here? How many times have we heard or seen young centres playing on the wing rather than centre because they aren't ready for the responsibilities of an NHL centre. Maybe it's more important for his development that he play & learn in every situation in the AHL playing a lot more minutes to develop into the player they hope they have with a shorter learning curve when he gets in the NHL.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They obviously disagree with you or they would have traded Smith & inserted White to take his place. They have brought up JOB to play 4th line centre rather than White. I think he has great potential but who knows if he is ready to take over all of the responsibilities of a defensive line centre in the NHL right now. Maybe he is but why isn't he here? Maybe it's more important for his development that he play & learn in every situation in the AHL playing a lot more minutes to develop into the player they hope they have.

They don't want White at 4th line C .. it makes sense to have O'Brien there.
They will trade Smith and White will play up next year .. C .. I don't know. I think he'll be up vs up and down. I have given uop tryijng to figure out what this organization is doing development wise.. I certainly would not point to their actions as the correct thing to do in many cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad