The League-Wide Mock Draft - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I really didn't think the span between picks would be so long, 10 picks a day doesn't seem unreasonable. Usually only get half that.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
I really didn't think the span between picks would be so long, 10 picks a day doesn't seem unreasonable. Usually only get half that.

I think sometimes we just get really unlucky with the timing, people work at different times and what not. We've had some fast days. Also sometimes people are discussing trades which prolonges it as well.

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
I think sometimes we just get really unlucky with the timing, people work at different times and what not. We've had some fast days. Also sometimes people are discussing trades which prolonges it as well.

A good rule I've used in the past is no trades while you're on the clock. It creates some more time-pressure for trading off the clock, and speeds things up once someone is on the clock.

People circumvent it by drafting for others (i.e. draft player x and then I'll trade you) but we had people get burned doing that, and it stopped that practice pretty quickly.

Highly recommended.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
A good rule I've used in the past is no trades while you're on the clock. It creates some more time-pressure for trading off the clock, and speeds things up once someone is on the clock.

People circumvent it by drafting for others (i.e. draft player x and then I'll trade you) but we had people get burned doing that, and it stopped that practice pretty quickly.

Highly recommended.

Yes to this.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto

Highly recommended.

I agree

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver

Highly recommended.

Completely agree.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

Highly recommended.
Double yes

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Yeah I understand people aren't available all the time, I happen to have more freedom than that. But even if I'm busy I got a list of players I can just make a pick and edit the post later, which some people have done.

Doesn't need to be back to back picks every 5 mins but 6+ hours between is a little much.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Sorry.
Got busy.

Benning and I actually made the trade yesterday...
But we needed to make sure his guy is there.
I send a PM to Sedinery...
And Benning can pick...
If he so chooses.

Last edited:

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Very pleased with my lastest draft choice. I was trying for so long to move up to try and get Couture or RNH , didn't seem like I was going to get a 1c phew.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Very pleased with my lastest draft choice. I was trying for so long to move up to try and get Couture or RNH , didn't seem like I was going to get a 1c phew.

Decent pick.
I honestly thought you had your eye on my choice.
:laugh:

I also PMed DanCloutiers5hole.
Have a safe drive.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
So since I drafted Voracek at a 4.25 million hit he stays at that? I'm gonna be pretty pissed if I have to double that, I wouldn't have picked him otherwise

That was the last year of his contract...
So you are fine.
The cap hit will only change...
Next year.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I have a late third rounder (second last pick) that is available.
PM me if interested.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
See, Voracek getting 8.25 AAV just makes your pick look good. I had him fairly high too.

But what the **** 8.25?! Thank god Crosby signed his 12 year 104M contract back in 2012

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Good pick DanCloutiers5hole.
I actually wanted to draft him...
And I had hoped that he would still be available at the 17th spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad