The League-Wide Mock Draft - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It's summer, we're bored, looking for reasons to stay on HFboards instead of working or going outside. And here it is, just in time! (You didn't really want to go to the beach this weekend, did you?)

My idea is to do a league-wide mock draft to re-do every roster in the NHL. I hope to get 30 people (or more, more than one GM per team would help us keep this going at a good pace).

So, who's interested?

I'd like to work out a few rules before we start if there enough people interedted. We'd have to be cap compliant for sure. I'd also want to keep a limit on rookie contracts. Either a hard number or can only have 1 player for each draft year (ie. 1 player drafted in 2014, 1 in 2013, ect. on a rookie contract).

I think a 12 hour draft window would do. No reason to rush this.

1. COLORADO - Intangibos
  2. VANCOUVER - Art of Sedinery
  3. ST. LOUIS - RespectYourEdlers
  4. NEW JERSEY - Lord of Light
  5. TORONTO - DL44
  6. NY RANGERS - peen
  7. PITTSBURGH - DanCloutier5hole
  8. NY ISLANDERS - BoDacioud Horvat
  9. EDMONTON - Baby Shinkaruk
  10. MINNESOTA - nameless1
  11. WINNIPEG - Rosko Thorn
  12. SAN JOSE - Vankiller Whale
  13. BOSTON - canuckking1
  14. ANAHEIM - 94eleven
  15. CALGARY - RandV
  16. NASHVILLE - StrictlyCommercial
  17. LOS ANGELES - K2B
  18. PHILADELPHIA - CRDragon
  19. DETROIT - VanillaCoke
  20. DALLAS - Canucker
  21. TAMPA BAY - Elusive Derposaurus
  22. FLORIDA - Mitts McCann
  23. CAROLINA - canucks10
  24. WASHINGTON - DFAC
  25. ARIZONA - ahmon
  26. CHICAGO - RadimVrSnipez
  27. BUFFALO - Bam19
  28. MONTREAL - ThereGoesVirtanen
  29. COLUMBUS - Believe in Benning
  30. OTTAWA - xtra

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
nyr.

imo go with 25 man roster.

14 FW
8 D
3 G

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I wouldn't mind playing, but I'll probably suck. I just like to ****post on HFboards and have no idea what I'm talking about.

I'll take Colorado

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I'll play... Team don't matter...

I'll look forward to the rules so I can compile my draft list accordingly. ;)

Assuming 20 rounds?

At least 20. I'd say 23 even.

At least 12 F, 6 D and 2 G. The last 3 can be any position.

EDIT: Just pick a team, DL. Or I'll give you the Leafs. ;)

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
At least 20. I'd say 23 even.

At least 12 F, 6 D and 2 G. The last 3 can be any position.

EDIT: Just pick a team, DL. Or I'll give you the Leafs. ;)
Ha ha.. Leafs are fine! Like I said it don't matter... There's proof right there I wasn't lying!

There will be 23 rounds of 30 players... Which means.............................................................carry the 9..................... 690 selections to made with a cap.

So I would say make a rule to limit prospect eligibility only... I.e. Only players with at least 1 game played. Or signed players only.

Then leave it at that... With a specific player pool, salary cap/floor in place and 690 selections to be made, you don't have to worry other rules like limit on ELCs...

Also... What's the goal... Compose a team that may win in the next 3or so yrs... Or immediately.... Or for the next decade?
I.e. Sedins would go in a different round for each goal...

Last edited:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Ha ha.. Leafs are fine! Like I said it don't matter... There's proof right there I wasn't lying!

There will be 23 rounds of 30 players... Which means.............................................................carry the 9..................... 690 selections to made with a cap.

So I would say make a rule to limit prospect eligibility only... I.e. Only players with at least 1 game played. Or signed players only.

Then leave it at that... With a specific player pool, salary cap/floor in place and 690 selections to be made, you don't have to worry other rules like limit on ELCs...

I don't want to eliminate guys like McDavid who we know are going to be NHL players next year though. And part of me is curious how quick someone is going to reach for him.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I don't want to eliminate guys like McDavid who we know are going to be NHL players next year though. And part of me is curious how quick someone is going to reach for him.

And he's a signed player..
So forget the 1 gm rule.. It would be more interesting with the 13/14/15 prospects in there...

lso... What's the goal... Compose a team that may win in the next 3or so yrs... Or immediately.... Or for the next decade?
I.e. Sedins would go in a different round for each goal...

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I will take Detroit.

Could have a vote on each roster, get a consensus which is best.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
So essentially a 12 hour window fantasy draft? Will take a while but i'll take Chicago. Will you be doing a randomized order for selections? I think using a scale of last years playoffs is kinda unfair. Let me know and i'll switch if I feel the need.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I'll take Arizona, thanks!!

Just a suggestion, maybe we can add scoring to the league to see who picked the most productive team or something?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Is there any way you could give us a heads up on how this works?

Check the OP. Any questions just ask.

So essentially a 12 hour window fantasy draft? Will take a while but i'll take Chicago. Will you be doing a randomized order for selections? I think using a scale of last years playoffs is kinda unfair. Let me know and i'll switch if I feel the need.

Defeinitely random and snaking order.

I'll take Arizona, thanks!!

Just a suggestion, maybe we can add scoring to the league to see who picked the most productive team or something?

No scoring. Emphasis is on building best NHL team, not most scorers. I like the idea of voting on best teams. At the end everyone can subimt a list of their top 5 teams not including their own, and I can do polls for the top 4 in a head to head format.

So if everyone takes their 12 hours it will take about 345 days to complete... eh why not, I'll take San Jose.

True. Hopefully we go faster. It'll be a hard deadline. Once 12 hours is up, next guy can pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad