Worst LWMD Commish in History

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
After the laat draft pick, I had to look myself in the mirror and realize the error of my ways and where I've gone wrong in my life. I understand that the power I held was too much, so I have realized what I must now do.

I'm hereby beginning the dismantling of Winger Super Squad.
It was fun while it lasted, but I should uphold the integrity of the draft. I can't win through such cheap methods.

EDIT:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've changed my mind, Winger Super Squad will never die. Riding this puppy out to the bitter end

Last edited:

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Really, the worst case scenario at this point seems like only pulling off one or two trades. Destroying the integrity of your meme.

Yeah, not gonna trade for trades sake. I'd rather stay on the joke course I set for my team than make a trade just to become a mediocre team, though that'll probably be where I end up in all honesty lol

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
@Black Noise

mocks kapanen and vesey

takes hudon and eriksson

ahahah

Eriksson is overpaid, but he’s one of the better defensive players in the league. Eriksson has also been given centers that do not mesh with his style while he’s been in Vancouver. Slow passed his prime Henrik, and “hands of stone” Brendan Sutter don’t suit Eriksson’s game. Why the coaching staff haven’t tried playing Eriksson with Horvat is beyond me (especially when Boeser has proven that he can carry Gagner as his centerman).

I haven’t checked BN’s cap, but if he can afford LE, LE is a far better player than KK.

Reactions: Black Noise

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
if someone has a pick available asap for some pick swap(s) let me know. there's a player I want.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Hey guys,

Markstrom + Juulsen can be had via trade.

If you feel like you missed out on selecting a proven starting goalie, now is your chance! If you want a very low cost RHD that has already proven himself worthy of being a 2nd pairing D, and carried Karl Alzner in Montreal last year, now is your chance!

In return, I would be willing to accept an inferior goalie (back up) than Markstrom, with the expectation that the RHD I’d receive in return is a bonafide top 4 guy with a little more NHL experience under his belt than Juulsen.

Just be forewarned: I likely won’t pull the trigger on any trades, but am interested to see what’s out there.

Sincerely,

The Buffalo Sabres team.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
So just for the sake of extra double clarity...with players who were impending RFAs at the time of drafting, for final calculation purposes, we still stick with their prior-year expiring RFA cap hit at the time of drafting? Or do we get retroactively slapped with their new cap hit for next year?

I'm only asking because i have two players in Trouba and Hayes whose combined cap will swing by like $5.2M depending on which way it goes. So i'd basically like to know if i can afford David Clarkson as my spare forward or not.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
So just for the sake of extra double clarity...with players who were impending RFAs at the time of drafting, for final calculation purposes, we still stick with their prior-year expiring RFA cap hit at the time of drafting? Or do we get retroactively slapped with their new cap hit for next year?

I'm only asking because i have two players in Trouba and Hayes whose combined cap will swing by like $5.2M depending on which way it goes. So i'd basically like to know if i can afford David Clarkson as my spare forward or not.

You get whatever cap hit they had at the time you picked them. So if you picked a player who hadn't signed a new contract yet for next year (ie. They're UFA or rfa currently) then they are at their cap hit for last season

Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
You get whatever cap hit they had at the time you picked them. So if you picked a player who hadn't signed a new contract yet for next year (ie. They're UFA or rfa currently) then they are at their cap hit for last season

Outstanding. That's what i thought. Great news, as it means i should comfortably have room for David Clarkson! Provided that darn Winger Super Squad doesn't get him first of course...

Reactions: Elusive Derposaurus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad