The Leafs will come back and win this series

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I hope these games were enough for Babcock to see he needs to lean on his skill. Matthews should have 18 minutes minimum by his name for ice time from here on out. His shoulder hurts, not his legs or lungs. A hurt Matthews is still our best player. Other teams players are playing hurt too. I don't even remember seeing Bergeron take a shot. Yet his line is killing it.

If Matthews shoulder is hurt then we need to stack the first line and use Matthews in a selke role. Hyman doesn't work because Boston gives Nylander no room forcing Hyman to be the factor that keeps the play going. Nylander isn't developed enough to counter this.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Have faith Leafs Nation! Had a discussion with my father after last night's game. He was so calm, so confident, he said "I've seen all this before". He explained to me how in 1993, the Leafs lost both games in Detroit 6-2 and 6-3, the team looked a shambles, but the Maple Leaf spirit never dies. They stormed back in games 3 and 4 at home and went on to win that series in 7.

History will repeat.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:
Does your dad remember 2013. ;)

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We lost the first two games in pretty brutal fashion, but it’s still just 2 losses, and teams come back from 0-2 all the time. Plus, we’ve proven in the regular season that we can beat this team.

We’re major underdogs at the moment, but winning is still possible. Absolutely, 100% must win the next 2. I’m definitely not counting us out, even though our series has certainly been the most lopsided one so far.
Thats a big problem. Playing like its still regular season.

Bruins aren't

great

Apr 14, 2018
That's what I realized the Bruins focus on covering Matthews, Marner and Nylander. I heard them also talking about this in their interviews and in Boston broadcast. That's why I think Johnsson and Kapanen should be given more time to play, they've been effective. And that's also why Hyman was able to score and Brown was able to get an assist. Their defence is mainly focusing on our top 3.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Hopefully... let’s not get too far up our own asses here though, we still have to win our second home game here to get back on even footing. There is a treacherous path ahead so I personally won’t be celebrating anything yet, forget about making absolute guarantees of success.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Have faith Leafs Nation! Had a discussion with my father after last night's game. He was so calm, so confident, he said "I've seen all this before". He explained to me how in 1993, the Leafs lost both games in Detroit 6-2 and 6-3, the team looked a shambles, but the Maple Leaf spirit never dies. They stormed back in games 3 and 4 at home and went on to win that series in 7.

History will repeat.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

We will go down 4-1 in game 7 only to roar back and win in OT to advance. In the conference finals, we’re winning a must win game 6 when Sidney Crosby highsticks auston matthews... but Kerry Fraser is retired and we get the call. Win game 7, beat the Jets in 6.

TOTAL REDEMPTION.

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
I would love to see a bad break go against Boston. Fluke goal for Toronto, accidental own goal, Boston goal called back on review. Penalty shot goal for the Leafs on a Bruin stumble to cause it. Get the hockey gods off the Bruins' back.

LOL, yes! Leafs power play when the Bruins "delay of game" pass that went out of bounds hit the glass. I didn't even know that was the rule, but the NBC guys were all over it, saying it shouldn't have been a penalty. Bad break for the Bruins!

And then the Leafs score in approximately 1 second in that power play. Woohoo! I love it, finally one for our team. :thumbu:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
That's a key step. This really was a must win on so many levels. Now need to bring it in Game 4. If Boston was getting complacent at all that should be over. Need to play our best game in the series (admittedly not too hard since we've played one good game) and tie this thing up.

Please just run with this roster for the next one no matter what state Komarov is in. They got the job done. Let them keep going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad