The leafs should _____ offseason thread

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Did you ignore half my post? Not sure why I waste my time
You mean the part where you argue that in each series they had problems scoring in 2-3 games?

There is a huge difference between being unable to score for few years, and scoring few goals in some of the games.

The only good point you make is about decidive games... But that's not inability to score, that's heart/leadership...

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyVirus

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I honestly don't care. I don't live vicariously through my team and therefore do not need my ego stroked like so many here do. Love the Habs, hate them... no skin off my nose.

And the Leafs are weak. But I never said such thing of the Bruins. Actually, in the "what makes the Bruins so good" thread (or something like that), I had quite high praise for the organization.
I actually said the Habs fan who started the thread said that not you.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Why? The business makes money and fills the arena in Toronto.

To save us of course!

We could all stop watching hockey if the Leafs left. Think of all the time we could save!

We could go outside and... Wait eww no. We could play video games!

Plus no more heartbreak.

Plus Arizona Leafs has a fun irony to it.. Naming a team Leafs in an area typically associated with desert.

Man, isn't giving up just great!?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
To save us of course!

We could all stop watching hockey if the Leafs left. Think of all the time we could save!

We could go outside and... Wait eww no. We could play video games!

Plus no more heartbreak.

Plus Arizona Leafs has a fun irony to it.. Naming a team Leafs in an area typically associated with desert.

Man, isn't giving up just great!?
Yeah, I see your point!

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
They need to get a more mobile and dynamic defense. Aside from Rielly they don't get much offensive contributions from back there. Trade Marner to the highest bidder. Do any Leaf fans even want him anymore?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I see the team being far too comfortable and complacent. There's tons of skills and superstar power that can unleashed but there's no hunger, there's no desire, no sense of urgency that should come from the chance of getting your name on the piece of hockey history.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I'd be replacing Shanahan. He persisted with this core coming into the last season when it was pretty evident Dubas wanted change, so I think his position lived or died on the result.

I'd also be looking to move Marner with a return that would include a top pairing defenceman or the pieces to eventually make a move for a top pairing dman. I'm really not convinced Reilly can be the guy on a Stanley Cup calibre team.

It's not worth the assets to move Tavares, so best play out the last year of his contract.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
They need to get a more mobile and dynamic defense. Aside from Rielly they don't get much offensive contributions from back there. Trade Marner to the highest bidder. Do any Leaf fans even want him anymore?
Marner controls whether he’s traded and to where. There would be no bidding. Trading Marner would be a bad decision. It would require retention of contracts coming back. How did Treliving do trading Tkatchuk?

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
All they can do is try and add a top FA really. I can’t image trading away Marner for Pennys on the dollar. Seems to be an over reaction. They lost in game 7 to a team that had a better regular season record.

I’d try and add Montour or something

Attachments

• 082EF56E-799A-458E-97A6-7A502308CAD9.jpeg
    082EF56E-799A-458E-97A6-7A502308CAD9.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 3

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Run it back with a new coach, Tavares/Marner trades are only gonna happen if one is eager to move on / sign an extension this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad