Series Talk: ECF: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers *Game 1 Wednesday 5/22 @ 8pm ET*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If Chytil Is ready to go I think its simple. It's either Wenneberg or Cuylle to 4th line. I would imagine Lavi trusts Wennberg more centering the 3rd line so Cuylle goes to 4th line duties with Goodrow/Vesey.
I know its tempting to put Chytil 1st line RW but don't see that happening.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stocked and ready to go for Wednesday!

IMG_0461.jpeg

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sigh - I wish I could drink beer. It turns me into a bidirectional whoopee cushion. :cry:

I’ve given up chocolate, marinara/tomato sauce , and citrus fruits so I can drink more beer. lol

Although will sneak the occasional pizza of course once a week, but usually end up with a nice white Pizza with Garlic, Ricotta, mozzarella and spices. But sometimes have to have it with a marinara sauce. This is why I loathe places like Pizza Hut and Dominoes. It’s like ketchup on pizza lol.

So if I’m gonna cheat it’s gotta be good sauce or nope.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
I don’t fear goalies as much as I do defenses. We make average goalies look great in the playoffs not because the goalies play well, but because we don’t create high danger scoring opportunities in numbers. Game 5 of this series was the perfect example.

Give me the lesser skaters as opposition. The goalies don’t matter when you create chances that no goalie can save.

Not disagreeing with your overall sentiment. But I wouldn't say the Rangers are making average goalies look great these playoffs:
  • Lindgren – .864
  • Anderson – .878
  • Kochetkov – .880
Those are some crapola save percentages.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Special teams and goaltending?
I wasn't talking strictly 5v5. According to their models our playoff xG% in all situations is the worst of the remaining teams with only Vancouver being close. Same goes for reg season.
Analytics are just part of the story. Through the years, teams have routinely outperformed analytics in the playoffs. I believe the Kings won one year with the worst analytics of any team in the playoffs.

At this point in the season, analytics have evolved for every team.
I was only pointing out the curiosity of an analytics site having a prediction model that seems to go against their own metrics.

Reactions: klingsor

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Big fan of Tin Barn huh? Potent beers for sure about a 3 minute drive from my house as well

Yeah I was there the other day, decided to stock up. I live about 35-40 mins from there. I also love to go to Equilibrium in Middletown. Both places are very good with their Hazy IPA’s and come up with all kinds of stuff.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Analytics are just part of the story. Through the years, teams have routinely outperformed analytics in the playoffs. I believe the Kings won one year with the worst analytics of any team in the playoffs.

At this point in the season, analytics have evolved for every team.
analytics also evolve...what we used to think of as "bad analytics" has come around and people realize some of the stuff being done by a team was actually good. Wouldn't surprise me to see that with this version of the Rangers in the future.
I tended to think that those AV teams were crap analytically because they weren't much of a "cycle and posses and score" kind of team, but they were great at generating offense on the transition and got a ton of great high scoring chances because of that. Everyone somehow ended up giving the Pens teams that came after that credit for the "speedy team creating transition offense through turnovers" but it was really those AV coached teams that kind of started that trend for awhile. Sullivan kind of still lives and dies by his teams being able to quickly transition up the ice.

Anyways, if it were me and Chytil were healthy I'd 100% start this series with him at 3rd line LW, drop Cuylle to the 4th and sit Johnny B. The bottom six needs a boost and that would do it, but only if Chytil really is healthy.

e: and while I'm not in love with Roslovic, he's done well on the RW and given that line a little something it needed, as long as he is on his game. His speed and ability to hang onto the puck has helped a lot in the playoffs. Those players are doing fine, again it's the bottom six that needs some help now.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
analytics also evolve...what we used to think of as "bad analytics" has come around and people realize some of the stuff being done by a team was actually good. Wouldn't surprise me to see that with this version of the Rangers in the future.
I tended to think that those AV teams were crap analytically because they weren't much of a "cycle and posses and score" kind of team, but they were great at generating offense on the transition and got a ton of great high scoring chances because of that. Everyone somehow ended up giving the Pens teams that came after that credit for the "speedy team creating transition offense through turnovers" but it was really those AV coached teams that kind of started that trend for awhile. Sullivan kind of still lives and dies by his teams being able to quickly transition up the ice.

Anyways, if it were me and Chytil were healthy I'd 100% start this series with him at 3rd line LW, drop Cuylle to the 4th and sit Johnny B. The bottom six needs a boost and that would do it, but only if Chytil really is healthy.

e: and while I'm not in love with Roslovic, he's done well on the RW and given that line a little something it needed, as long as he is on his game. His speed and ability to hang onto the puck has helped a lot in the playoffs. Those players are doing fine, again it's the bottom six that needs some help now.
There's a saying-- when a measure becomes a target, it stops being a measure.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
He won't be unless there are some injuries.
Disagree, he's a big body in a series that is gonna require some size. If he can play he's a much better option than Brodzinski, and a player Laviolette will feel more comfortable playing than Rempe. I'm ok with Vesey, Goodrow and Wheeler as a 4th. Brodz adds nothing to that line, and they are hesitant to play rempe.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Disagree, he's a big body in a series that is gonna require some size. If he can play he's a much better option than Brodzinski, and a player Laviolette will feel more comfortable playing than Rempe. I'm ok with Vesey, Goodrow and Wheeler as a 4th. Brodz adds nothing to that line, and they are hesitant to play rempe.
He's a big body who is slow and not particularly physical.

Reactions: majordomo

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
Many teams have cocky fans, with the exception of teams that have suffered in the past, like the Rangers with blowing it against the Devils in the 1st round last year. Or the Maple Leafs, who every year lose to Boston.

But this year, the Rangers team is different, and the cocky morons underestimate us. Watch their jaws drop when we give them a good solid beating. Deep down they know we're dangerous, the cockiness is to boost their fragile, rat throwing egos.

We're going to beat them just like we beat Carolina. Woohoo, get on the train, baby.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Wheeler is a great story for sure and its great he's around the team but not sure how he will keep up with the pace of the playoffs when he couldn't in the regular season. He would be fresh but he's also coming off a leg injury.
I just don't see why Chytil wouldn't be in the lineup game 1? The Wheeler/Brodz debate should be a moot one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad