News Article: The Leafs have a chance to redefine "own rental"

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
JVR/Bozak+1st rounder for RNH. That impending McDavid cap hit is going to make Chirelli do "interesting" things. Take advantage PLEASE!
Oiler's arent' make the playoffs. You're basically offering a late first and UFA negotiation rights for a top 6 center.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Oiler's arent' make the playoffs. You're basically offering a late first and UFA negotiation rights for a top 6 center.

McDavid's cap hit starts next season, if Oilers want to make their team better then they have to move some cap out. They already have McDavid and Draisaitl as top two centers.

In a bidding war which other team do you think would bid for Nuge? Center positions are pretty well spoken for many teams already eyeing the playoffs spot.

Leafs desperately need center depth and Bozak ain't cutting it given that he isn't scoring in a sheltered role AND he is a pending UFA.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
why would anyone want to pay RNH $6m longterm?

hold on to bozak/jvr? and let them walk?

okayyy..... you have been given many reasons for why that is absolutely STUPID by many posters including me. You refuse to budge from your position except spewing fairytales.

lol

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
hold on to bozak/jvr? and let them walk?

okayyy..... you have been given many reasons for why that is absolutely STUPID by many posters including me. You refuse to budge from your position except spewing fairytales.

lol

why are you calling other posters stupid after suggesting we give up a 1st round pick for the pleasure of paying RNH $6m a year?

Reactions: Macallan18

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
why are you calling other posters stupid after suggesting we give up a 1st round pick for the pleasure of paying RNH $6m a year?

lol apparently your crystal ball has already charted out Nuge's career eh? You'd rather see UFAs walk for free instead of improving the center depth.

Are you suggesting that Nuge is garbage and not capable of scoring 50 points in a sheltered role?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
lol apparently your crystal ball has already charted out Nuge's career eh? You'd rather see UFAs walk for free instead of improving the center depth.

Are you suggesting that Nuge is garbage and not capable of scoring 50 points in a sheltered role?

RNH doesn't even need sheltering, he's been good this year.

Reactions: PromisedLand

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Bozak can and has scored 50pts in a sheltered role. Hopkins hasn't hit 50pts in years, even in a sheltered role.

and you want to give up a first rounder to pay $6m for that?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
RNH doesn't even need sheltering, he's been good this year.

He is playing a checking role for them; killing penalties and is just -4 given oiler's abysmal defense and goal tending.

IMO Nuge is gonna thrive with Marner on his side in a sheltered role with Babs.

6M is gonna look like peanuts in 3 years from now when the cap goes up AND he is signed till 20/21 season AND is coming off of western conference finals experience.

Leafs desperately need center depth and Nuge IMO fits the bill.

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
XXX/Sosh-RNH-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Komarov-Moore-Kappy

XXX - Return from Bozak trade

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Bozak can and has scored 50pts in a sheltered role. Hopkins hasn't hit 50pts in years, even in a sheltered role.

and you want to give up a first rounder to pay $6m for that?

LOL WTF are you talking about?

Bozak career ppg 0.61
RNH career ppg 0.67

RNH plays sheltered role? LOL watch hockey before posting fairy tales.

RNH is also out producing bozak this season, and kills penalties.

just stop posting and embarrassing yourself.

RNH
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Bozak
Tyler Bozak hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Apparently RNH is done at 24 years old while Bozak is the stud at 31 years and is only entering his prime

LOL

your posts are friggen hilarious; I'll give you that

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
LOL WTF are you talking about?

Bozak career ppg 0.61
RNH career ppg 0.67

RNH plays sheltered role? LOL watch hockey before posting fairy tales.

RNH is also out producing bozak this season, and kills penalties.

just stop posting and embarrassing yourself.

RNH
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Bozak
Tyler Bozak hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Apparently RNH is done at 24 years old while Bozak is the stud at 31 years and is only entering his prime

LOL

your posts are friggen hilarious; I'll give you that

this is getting a bit bizarre.

could you explain why you want to give up a 1st round pick and pay $6m a year for a poor defensive center who has never scored more than 56pts?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
good how?

50-odd point pace and getting buried possession wise despite soft zone starts and below average qualcomp.

50 point pace is fine for a 2nd-3rd line centre. He's been rotating through some awful wingers and 1 man can't change the world. He's not McDavid. I think this is a case you might be relying too much on stats.

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
this is getting a bit bizarre.

could you explain why you want to give up a 1st round pick and pay $6m a year for a poor defensive center who has never scored more than 56pts?

• Your posts seem to suggest that RNH's peak is 56 points and is never going to score more than that is that right?
  • You believe if Leafs make deep runs in the playoffs is that first round pick going to be after or before 20th round pick?
  • Historically, how many 1st rounders after 20th pick have been "valuable" point producers for the team they were drafted by?
  • At which position do you think (non-homer opinion) Leafs will draft in the upcoming draft?

Bozak's career ppg is 0.61 even when playing with elite talent like Kessel, is 31 years old, and is on the decline

RNH's career ppg is 0.67 at 24 years old. Do you expect that ppg to go up or down for the next 4 to 5 years?

And poor defensive center? Did you even f***ing watch Oilers play this season? or for that matter last season and in the playoffs? LOL

McLellan is using RNH against oppositions' top lines this season because RNH is a poor defensive center? LOL

you keep bringing up 6M like it is some kind of magic figure. In today's NHL how much money do the "centers" make who score at around 50 point pace?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
50 point pace is fine for a 2nd-3rd line centre. He's been rotating through some awful wingers and 1 man can't change the world. He's not McDavid. I think this is a case you might be relying too much on stats.

RNH has played with many good, even elite, wingers in his career. he even gets PP time with mcdavid. he's never scored more than 56pts - even when he was getting 1st line minutes. now he gets soft 2nd line usage, and gets dominated possession wise.

what are you guys looking at that you want to pay this guy $6m? and give up a 1st round pick?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
  • Your posts seem to suggest that RNH's peak is 56 points and is never going to score more than that is that right?
  • You believe if Leafs make deep runs in the playoffs is that first round pick going to be after or before 20th round pick?
  • Historically, how many 1st rounders after 20th pick have been "valuable" point producers for the team they were drafted by?
  • At which position do you think (non-homer opinion) Leafs will draft in the upcoming draft?
Bozak's career ppg is 0.61 even when playing with elite talent like Kessel, is 31 years old, and is on the decline

RNH's career ppg is 0.67 at 24 years old. Do you expect that ppg to go up or down for the next 4 to 5 years?

And poor defensive center? Did you even ****ing watch Oilers play this season? or for that matter last season and in the playoffs? LOL

McLellan is using RNH against oppositions' top lines this season because RNH is a poor defensive center? LOL

you keep bringing up 6M like it is some kind of magic figure. In today's NHL how much money do the "centers" make who score at around 50 point pace?

I think it's bizarre that you want to replace the likes of jvr/bozak with a guy that isn't better than them offensively or defensively, and costs $6m.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think it's bizarre that you want to replace the likes of jvr/bozak with a guy that isn't better than them offensively or defensively, and costs $6m.

You think he is not better I think he is better. You refused to acknowledged the points I raised in my previous post and continue to keep posting the same jargon.

I will not play your childish game.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
RNH has played with many good, even elite, wingers in his career. he even gets PP time with mcdavid. he's never scored more than 56pts - even when he was getting 1st line minutes. now he gets soft 2nd line usage, and gets dominated possession wise.

what are you guys looking at that you want to pay this guy $6m? and give up a 1st round pick?

In his career sure, but let's also remember that Edmonton has been a shit show for a while now. He was never a franchise saving C. 50-55 points steadily is fine. He's been put in a match up role but doesn't Edmonton doesn't have the personnel to help with that role. Lucic, Maroon and Leon aren't wingers that have the 2-way ability that you want going head to head with other superstars. Their back end save for Nurse has been hot garbage pretty much all year and Talbot has struggled.

I don't particularly desire RNH but if you've caught Edmonton's games this season, RNH has actually been pretty good for them, the stats won't tell the whole story there because he's only 1 of 6 players on the ice.

So while i'd argue that RNH wouldn't be a bad pick up, he is going to cost a pretty penny to acquire and I wouldn't really want to part with said pennies for him.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
but he hasn't even been a match up center. his quality of competition (measured by opponents' ice time) is only borderline top 6 on his team - barely ahead of strome's at 7. meanwhile, mcdavid's line faces some of the toughest competition of any line in hockey. and worse, be's getting buried possession wise in that usage.

and his production is even less impressive when you consider he gets plenty of ice time - 1st line ice time on most teams. if he got bozam/jvr icetime he'd produce ven less.

I dunno, i'd rather sign bozak to a cheap ufa deal than trade for RNH.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
5a72bb.jpg

23ql7q.jpg

23ql9j.jpg

23qlag.jpg

23qlb3.jpg

Lou are you listening and watching?

Ad

Upcoming events