LeBrun: "The Leafs are phoning around looking at defensemen on PTOs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
TSN -Overdrive Hour 3

Apparently they also mentioned it on Insider Trading.

Ok this is no surprise. Toronto's plans for their top 6 is totally off the rails due to Muzzin's health, Liljegren's surgery, Benn's injury, Sandin's recent hold out, etc.

Who should Toronto aim to go after?

Who's the most interesting D-man on a PTO right now?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
TSN -Overdrive Hour 3

Apparently they also mentioned it on Insider Trading.

Ok this is no surprise. Toronto's plans for their top 6 is totally off the rails due to Muzzin's health, Liljegren's surgery, Benn's injury, Sandin's recent hold out, etc.

Who should Toronto aim to go after?

The Leafs' defense is one of the best in hockey and currently has one injury.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

Ultra Boy?

Ultra_Boy_(DC_Who's_Who).jpg

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
AHL depth is the hope I assume, the top 6 is set currently.

If you throw a bunch of guys on waivers at the same time, they won't all get claimed... right?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Despite your propaganda, I would hope Dubas is doing this as part of the day-to-day due diligence of an NHL general manager. The other night Kerfoot and Jarnkrok played Defence for 2 periods. Now you're going to tell me: "no problem. Nothing to see here.".

No way

You realize that jarnkrok and kerfoot played defense because two (ahl) dmen got injured, right?

Sounds like they need Stanley Cup champion Jack Johnson.

Also did I really just read a Leafs fan suggest Toronto has one of the best Defense's in the NHL? :laugh: That group of fans

It wasn't a suggestion, just an obvious observation.

Reactions: Burkeocet

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I heard this live and pretty sure he said "they were" phoning, i.e. during the game when they lost 2 dmen and Sandin was not signed. It was in reference to Sandin re-signing being very timely. That's how I took it anyway.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Once again we are going to pretend this is for anything other than to fill bodies for pre-season games?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The Leafs' defense is one of the best in hockey and currently has one injury.
Is it really even top 10? The TEAM did well defensively in large part because of the fantastic forward core...

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Very desperate. As expected out of a defence core that has 2 proven good dman that aren't completely past their prime in Brodie and Reilly.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Is it really even top 10? The TEAM did well defensively in large part because of the fantastic forward core...

I thought that forward core was 4 overrated overpaid choking stars and zero depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad