Pre-Game Talk: The Laughs are coming to town, Saturday night 7 pm

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
On Toronto radio Dave Poulin came on to talk about the Sens and Habs,

Apparently we are in quite a similar position to Montreal. I disagree, but interesting take.
Poulin thinks Montreal has a brighter future than us?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The most impressive thing Mitch Marner has done is ruin Mike Babcock career.

He took a self proclaimed living legend of an NHL coach and made him go coach University Hockey in Saskatchewan.

Reactions: maclean

Yall are crazy

Dec 11, 2022
The most impressive thing Mitch Marner has done is ruin Mike Babcock career.

He took a self proclaimed living legend of an NHL coach and made him go coach University Hockey in Saskatchewan.
You mean he started the nhl me too movement and got rid of an abusive coach

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Poulin thinks Montreal has a brighter future than us?
He seems to think it's a wash between the two teams, that we would probably be in the same place in 5 years.

I usually like Poulin's takes but we are 10 points ahead of Montreal for a reason, we are better now. We have better young players, I just don't understand the logic that we are in the same place of a rebuild as Montreal.

He does make a point that if Montreal drafts Bedard it could change the whole comparison.

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I feel good about this one, funny enough. If we play angry like we played in the third, I think we could jump them early and get out to a quick lead. Like Colorado last night, Leafs legs will start getting heavy in the second half of the game as they finish the second night of a back to back...
Early lead?
Sens?

Nahhh

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I guess that the Toronto coaching staff does not let players cheat.
They got off to a bit of a slow start and were cheating for offense, not doing the little things to win. Their coach called that out and singled out their better players and wasn't very happy with their effort a couple of times.

Hard to imagine.

Reactions: WallyD and Cosmix

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Lmao why is chabot playing hurt with virtually no chance at the playoffs ?

So dumb
Because he's a competitive athlete and part of the leadership group on the team. If he pulls the chute on the year it impacts every other player on the team, particularly the young guys. It would be an unspoken signal to them that it's okay for them to bail also. He's being a leader, which will pay dividends for this team down the road.

It's a cliche, but it's true - players play. These guys live to play and compete, and sitting out is not in their DNA. If you've ever been on a team and had to sit out due to an injury, you'll know - it's the worst feeling in the world. Trust me, Josh Norris is dying a thousand deaths every night watching this team play...

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Parker Kelly has disappeared like a character who was written out of a TV series. No one talks about him, no one writes about him, he's not at practice. I originally thought he was just sitting out, but clearly he's hurt. (It's apparently far too intrusive and insensitive for the paying customers to ask for details on injuries on the team they are asked to financially support.)

Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad