OT: The Last of the Positive Oiler Fans

Board Gordon

Light Up The World
Jun 13, 2014
I cheer for the Oilers to win (except for select games in which I feel a management or coaching changes occur with a loss) every game. I'm not sure I have faith in this management group to turn it around but I sure hope they do. I just want to see this franchise become competitive again.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I have been a fan since they entered the WHA as the Alberta Oilers. I still cheer for the team, but this last season has really dragged my enthusiasm into the ditch. When they score, unless it is an absolute beauty, my reaction is more of a subdued yipee, than a loud YES!

Also, HF boards is starting to bother me as well (some posters).

i don't even cheer for goals anymore... i'll *appreciate* nice goals still, but i don't actually cheer... the goals don't bring me any joy, which is why i have stopped watching

in past years i would watch still, as i wanted to see the progression of the younger players like hall, ebs, etc... so even though i wasn't actually hoping for wins (i was fully into the "tank mentality"), i still enjoyed watching the young guys play... this year there isn't even a young guy to watch grow, as drai is so, so, so far out of his depth and yak is looking more and more like a complete and utter bust...

so i've just stopped watching... why do something that doesn't benefit you in any way? simply doesn't make any sense... i still pay attention to the team, know what is going on, closely follow the draft eligible players, and will be excited for change in the summer... but i have COMPLETELY checked out for the remainder of this season, and likely won't watch more than a few minutes of any game the rest of the year

edit: lol, i just realized that this thread was from last march.... that (sadly) says a lot that its almost a year later, and nothing.... NOTHING.... has changed (other than another sacrificial lamb slaughtered on the alter of making sure lowe and mactavish are not held accountable for anything that happens during their reign of futility)

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I feel the same of the Oilers as I do the Arsenal, and how the great number 10 put it..

Dennis Bergkamp said “I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?â€

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad