TV: The L Word Reboot - Showtime

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not sure if anyone was fans of the show, I enjoyed it especially for all the music I never heard of before as I love the soundtrack. Well the show is back for 8 episodes that have started production in LA I believe. Sounds like they are bringing Bette back but not Tina? Not sure how that will work since their daughter is a main character I believe.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
i watched this reboot, thought it was kind of terrible, was surprised to see it got renewed for another season.

I thought it was fine. I knew it would get at least another season because of the nostalgia factor. I think it's certainly going to give a better ending to these characters than the original series did.

Sounded like Tina had other things going on, so she could only make a schedule that allowed her to jump in at the end of the season. That said, I am completely fine with her not being a main character. Alice, Better, and Shane, I am fine with that being the main three that stuck around while anyone else that comes back just kind of comes and goes as needed.

I think they all took turns holding her head underwater.

Supposedly there was going to be a (different) spin off show that would have given that a conclusion other than what they gave it in this new series.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I thought it was fine. I knew it would get at least another season because of the nostalgia factor. I think it's certainly going to give a better ending to these characters than the original series did.

Sounded like Tina had other things going on, so she could only make a schedule that allowed her to jump in at the end of the season. That said, I am completely fine with her not being a main character. Alice, Better, and Shane, I am fine with that being the main three that stuck around while anyone else that comes back just kind of comes and goes as needed.

Supposedly there was going to be a (different) spin off show that would have given that a conclusion other than what they gave it in this new series.

the new characters were terrible I thought, Alice, Shane and Bette were all great on the original so they are such good actors they could carry this reboot for another season. The original had such a great soundtrack, I think it's an underrated show for that reason alone but the reboot didn't have any feel to the original imo.

Plus they just didn't even bring up Helena which seems odd since she was a main character.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
the new characters were terrible I thought, Alice, Shane and Bette were all great on the original so they are such good actors they could carry this reboot for another season. The original had such a great soundtrack, I think it's an underrated show for that reason alone but the reboot didn't have any feel to the original imo.

Plus they just didn't even bring up Helena which seems odd since she was a main character.

I think Sophie is good. I can see why what happens happens. Also I’ve seen the girl who plays Finley before and think she was pretty good as an actress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad