The Kreider Thread (1/22: Kreider fine, skating at practice)

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Its too early to say hes more Brandon Dubinsky than a 40/40 or 35/35 player?

I think he'll fall in between (closer to Dubinsky levels) which is perfectly fine with me. But the #'s carelessly thrown around here would make him a star player - and I dont think we have that on our hands.

Yes.

The rest is opinion. One I happen to sort-of agree with... but I'm not calling it yet.

Dorado*

Kreider could easily become Jason Chimera and I'm fine with that . Especially playing under the reinvented Safe is everything Torts system . Do I hope he becomes Ryan kesler , absolutely I'd even settle for Ryan Malone .hes a long way and might not even put it together until he's someone else's property. .

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Its too early to say hes more Brandon Dubinsky than a 40/40 or 35/35 player?

I think he'll fall in between (closer to Dubinsky levels) which is perfectly fine with me. But the #'s carelessly thrown around here would make him a star player - and I dont think we have that on our hands.

I see where you're coming from, and I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion about what Kreider will end up becoming - that said, it IS too early for anyone to make any certain conclusions about Kreider's NHL future. It's too early to say he's a bust, it's too early to say he won't be a 1st line forward, it's too early to say he'll be a Dubinsky-type player.

As of right now, he's a raw, young player that still has plenty of years left to develop. Kreider has the tools to be a special player, and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him becoming one. I'm not coming to any conclusions this early in his NHL career.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Skating with Stepan and Callahan today on the 2nd line.

This is a perfect line for him. It's where I wanted to see him. Step is a good playmaker and Cally will go get the puck from the corners. This is his chance to prove that he's better at the NHL level than with lower people.

That said, if I hear people suggest even after this that Cally and Step aren't good enough to be his linemates, my head will explode. I hope people don't expect Kreider to be good only if he plays with Gretzky and Gordie.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
This is a perfect line for him. It's where I wanted to see him. Step is a good playmaker and Cally will go get the puck from the corners. This is his chance to prove that he's better at the NHL level than with lower people.

That said, if I hear people suggest even after this that Cally and Step aren't good enough to be his linemates, my head will explode. I hope people don't expect Kreider to be good only if he plays with Gretzky and Gordie.
I agree but playing with cally and stepan is a lot better than boyle and pyatt(and i like pyatt)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Many people seem to think that Stepan and Cally don't have chemistry together.

Kershaw

I don't see as to why Kreider is getting promoted despite playing poorly. Pyatt should be the one moved up.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I don't see as to why Kreider is getting promoted despite playing poorly. Pyatt should be the one moved up.

Because Kreider is the Golden Boy of the organization. There's no way anyone else playing the way he did in the AHL would've gotten a promotion. Had he been a no-name third round pick, Kreider would've been in the AHL, playing one line below Ryan Bourque. And no, I'm not exaggering. He might be a better prospect due to his size and shot, but Bourque was regularly outplaying him in the AHL. Kreider got promoted to the NHL and now to the top-6 because the team believes in him as their top prospect and will give him every possible chance to succeed.

Dorado*

If we had the cap room I'd dangle him to Dallas for Jamie Benn tonight

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
so now we give up on kreider after only 2 regular season games. I mean to be fair if kreider was the only Rangers playing badly then i would agree with much of the criticism but considering nash and pyatt have been the only ones doing pretty good maybe we should wait a few games before declaring the kid a bust just a thought

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Because Kreider is the Golden Boy of the organization. There's no way anyone else playing the way he did in the AHL would've gotten a promotion. Had he been a no-name third round pick, Kreider would've been in the AHL, playing one line below Ryan Bourque. And no, I'm not exaggering. He might be a better prospect due to his size and shot, but Bourque was regularly outplaying him in the AHL. Kreider got promoted to the NHL and now to the top-6 because the team believes in him as their top prospect and will give him every possible chance to succeed.

How many NHL play-off goals does Ryan Bourque have?

Jesus.

And YEAH... Ya know what the team is going to give him "every possible chance to succeed".

Unreal.

I don't think he's the next coming of Cam Neely or anything but what's wrong with giving this young but sizeable and skilled kid a chance to become a stud?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Sometimes you have to throw away reward and punishment out the window and play players where they can excel. Hagelin can excel on the 3rd line, Kreider needs to be in the top 6 right now. You can't hurt your team because you want to prove a point.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Part of me figured the top lines were what they were just to keep Kreider off them.

You don't always have make a young player to 'prove' himself. There's no exact way of developing a player. Sometimes you can just throw a player into the fire, and he'd be fine.

The 'prove' yourself stuff doesn't work with Kreider because what he's being asked to do isn't his strength.

Kershaw

Part of me figured the top lines were what they were just to keep Kreider off them.

You don't always have make a young player to 'prove' himself. There's no exact way of developing a player. Sometimes you can just throw a player into the fire, and he'd be fine.

The 'prove' yourself stuff doesn't work with Kreider because what he's being asked to do isn't his strength.

It worked for Callahan, Anisimov and Dubinsky. All of them started off as 4th line grinders and played their way up. Although Dubinsky to a lesser extent as he was a fixture with Jagr pretty early in.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
LOL at everyone doing a complete 180 on the kid. I think he'll come through, it just takes time. He has the right attitude.

It's frightening how Rangers fans are sometimes. It's genuinely almost like a disorder.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
It's frightening how Rangers fans are sometimes. It's genuinely almost like a disorder.
I agree i mean its only been two games. I mean gaborik is an all-star player and he does even worse and plays with better linemates. Kreider has the talent so once he gets comfortable i think we are gonna see good things from him. Maybe that hit by Orpik was a wake up call for kreider to be more aggressive

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
It is. It's called "bi-polarity".

No, it's called different people disagreeing with each other.

The issue here isn't bipolarity, but rather that some view this forum as having 2 people: themselves and "The Other". When "The Other" writes something, people don't pay attention to who is writing it, it's just "The Other" and then they are confused why "The Other" sometimes has one opinion and other times has another.

This is particularly so because one side or another will be more vocal, depending on whether the facts support them. If Kreider plays poor, those who say his AHL performance matters will be more vocal. If he plays well, those who say he's more fit for the NHL than lower levels are more vocal. But these are different people.

To view everyone else other than yourself as one person is not only ignorant, but very arrogant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad